Who is the best player in Magic history?

thinktellectual
Rookie
And1: 726

Re: Who is the best player in Magic history? 

Post#21 » by thinktellectual » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:31 pm

DarthDiggler69 wrote:Shaq
McGrady
Dwight
Penny

Seems like I need to remind somebody of this:

Dwight played a final and his team was a contender for 4 straight years.
BallerTalk
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,816

Re: Who is the best player in Magic history? 

Post#22 » by BallerTalk » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:12 pm

Bball0000 wrote:This is more of an exercise in English grammar than a poll. I can't be the only one confused by the question.
"The best player in Magic history" can be interpreted 2 ways:

1) The best player to put on a Magic uniform? Shaq. He was the BEST PLAYER compared to the other guys.
2) Which player had the best career with the Magic? When you factor in longer tenure, then it's Dwight.

Who knows what the poll results mean because probably half the ppl are interpreting the question differently.

It shouldn't be confusing at all. The operative words are "in Magic history" which clearly identify the parameters for judgement.
If they simple meant players that ever donned a Magic uniform they would have to include Hall of Famers like Dominique Wilkins and Patrick Ewing as both easily had better careers than Nick Anderson or Penny Hardaway.
If someone asked "Who is the best player in Raptors history?", would anyone think Olajuwon? Probably not.

Like I said before, it is an intentional play on popular ignorance.

It does, however, highlight two interesting points for me:
1) It reminds me of how dominant Howard was during his Magic days. He carried that franchise to championship contention during the Boston Big 3 and Lebron's Cavs era.

2) As illustrious as Shaquille Oneal's career was, he is not the greatest player in the history of any team for which he played.
In Orlando it's Dwight.
In L.A. it is probably Magic or Kobe.
In Miami it is Wade followed by Zo.
I won't even mention Phoenix, Cleveland, or Boston, lol.
You checkin' for the sound of the beast
I'm the hound, I'ma creep, I get down, I'ma eat
I'ma keep somethin' to lay a naysayer to sleep
-

Return to Polls Discussion