Would John Calipari be a successful NBA coach in a second opportunity?

RealGM Polls
Veteran
And1: 10

Would John Calipari be a successful NBA coach in a second opportunity? 

Post#1 » by RealGM Polls » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:14 pm

1. Yes
2. No
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,967

Re: Would John Calipari be a successful NBA coach in a second opportunity? 

Post#2 » by Jeff Van Gully » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:10 pm

we now live in an era where today's young players respect him and wish they had played for him. this wasn't exactly the case his first go 'round. he would also be able to operate in an era where his... relationships... hold a lot more weight.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
JazzMatt13
Analyst
And1: 293

Post#3 » by JazzMatt13 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:53 pm

Of course he will be successful, I don't know about record shattering ring chasing sob, but he would revolutionize the game, well maybe not. NCAA has the best coaches that put in the hours. I can think of a dozen guys who were successful!

HOWEVER, according to the info I found Larry Brown is only Coach to Coach a NCAA Title and a NBA Championship. So it can be done, but most NCAA coaches aren't ring chasers, even if coaching quality playoff teams.

So if successful means "playoffs", then yeah, in East, with Nets, hell freaking yeah. He would get the best FA's who would want to be with him. He has the attraction that Phil Jackson, Larry Bird, Michael Jordan and Pat Riley have. You just want to work with them, and call them master/boss.
jlokine
Analyst
And1: 3,934

Post#4 » by jlokine » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:19 am

ask us this question again so we know who is playing for him.. if he is hired by the current laker's team, i dont think he'll be successful.. or minnesota or utah jazz, you know what i mean.. cant really say whether he'll be successful if we dont know who's running his plays.

Return to Polls Discussion