Which big man will have the best NBA career?

RealGM Polls
Veteran
And1: 10

Which big man will have the best NBA career? 

Post#1 » by RealGM Polls » Tue Apr 7, 2015 8:59 pm

1. Embiid
2. Towns
3. J. Okafor
ohio
Starter
And1: 2,322

Re: Which big man will have the best NBA career? 

Post#2 » by ohio » Tue Apr 7, 2015 10:22 pm

if we're not considering injuries it's Embiid and it's not close at all.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,967

Post#3 » by Jeff Van Gully » Wed Apr 8, 2015 5:00 pm

when is embiid going to actually play? weight issues. foot problems already. i'm not confident.

but embiid definitely looks like the best, most complete player of the three so far.

towns fans see a high ceiling, but a little raw in the present. okafor fans see the machine he already is on the block. so he appears to be the safest bet at the moment.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
EddieS2010
Ballboy
And1: 13

Post#4 » by EddieS2010 » Wed Apr 8, 2015 5:36 pm

RealGM Polls wrote:1. Embiid2. Towns3. J. Okafor

Agreed, I think the possible combination of inside and outside game with Towns gives him the edge over Okafor. You can see there's a shooting stroke with Towns, not so much Okafor
DarthDiggler69
General Manager
And1: 2,368

Post#5 » by DarthDiggler69 » Wed Apr 8, 2015 7:16 pm

Towns looks like hes going to do well in the NBA. He has a pretty good post game and knows how to bang and make free throws. Okafur seem a little soft, more like pick a pop center and a good touch around the basket. Havent seen Embiid much other than some highlights and a couple games.

I think Towns will contribute right away in his rookie year. Just having a post game and good shot from the FT will make him pretty good right away

Okafur will take a couple year to get it but I think will be very good, sort of like a quicker Tim Duncan

Embiid, cant say, havent seen him enough
GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,493

Post#6 » by GoSixersBro » Wed Apr 8, 2015 9:32 pm

Ron Mexico wrote:when is embiid going to actually play? weight issues. foot problems already. i'm not confident.

but embiid definitely looks like the best, most complete player of the three so far.

towns fans see a high ceiling, but a little raw in the present. okafor fans see the machine he already is on the block. so he appears to be the safest bet at the moment.

The weight issue was complete BS. Just the media trying to create a story. Joel looks to be in awesome shape.
Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#7 » by Jeff Van Gully » Wed Apr 8, 2015 10:48 pm

GoSixersBro wrote:
Ron Mexico wrote:when is embiid going to actually play? weight issues. foot problems already. i'm not confident.

The weight issue was complete BS. Just the media trying to create a story. Joel looks to be in awesome shape.

healthy back? how are those feet? you feeling confident?
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
rocafelton
Freshman
And1: 9

Post#8 » by rocafelton » Thu Apr 9, 2015 3:59 pm

Ron Mexico wrote:
GoSixersBro wrote:

He's healthy other than the expected occasional soreness, but both of those injuries are the types of ailments that can flare up suddenly.

His talent is from another planet. Philadelphia has treated him with kid gloves, much like Noel last season, so he hasn't been able to do much but shoot. The crazy part is he's stroking it from NBA 3-point range now. I don't necessarily think that type of range will be utilized much, as he's most valuable on the low block, but it really seems like this kid is capable of doing anything on the floor.

As a Basketball fan above a Sixers fan, I really hope he can stay healthy because he's destined for greatness. I watched every minute he played at Kansas before my team even drafted him, and I thought then that he would end up being the best Center in the NBA.

Towns is an incredible talent too. It's really rare that a true defensive anchor can legitimately stretch the floor. When they come along, you can double down by pairing them with a low-post player or an attacking-perimeter player who would benefit from an uncongested lane, all the while maintaining security on D.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#9 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu Apr 9, 2015 4:53 pm

rocafelton wrote:
Ron Mexico wrote:
GoSixersBro wrote:

He's healthy other than the expected occasional soreness, but both of those injuries are the types of ailments that can flare up suddenly.

His talent is from another planet. Philadelphia has treated him with kid gloves, much like Noel last season, so he hasn't been able to do much but shoot. The crazy part is he's stroking it from NBA 3-point range now. I don't necessarily think that type of range will be utilized much, as he's most valuable on the low block, but it really seems like this kid is capable of doing anything on the floor.

As a Basketball fan above a Sixers fan, I really hope he can stay healthy because he's destined for greatness. I watched every minute he played at Kansas before my team even drafted him, and I thought then that he would end up being the best Center in the NBA.

Towns is an incredible talent too. It's really rare that a true defensive anchor can legitimately stretch the floor. When they come along, you can double down by pairing them with a low-post player or an attacking-perimeter player who would benefit from an uncongested lane, all the while maintaining security on D.

i agree, if he can stay healthy he is going to be an amazing player. he is everything you want in a center. i was really high on him at the draft.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#10 » by The_Hater » Thu Apr 9, 2015 11:08 pm

I voted Embiid fully expecting him to be 3rd on this list.

I think Embiid has the highest 2 way ceiling for sure but he also has the lowest floor with the injury risk. All 3 of them should be impact players.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
jorge
Sophomore
And1: 5

Post#11 » by jorge » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:10 am

I voted Towns.

It all depends on Embiid's injuries. I just don't think that he will have a long career. A strong one but not a very long one.
If he can stay healthy, than he's the best of all 3.

Towns has a big upside and the most versatile game. Strong on defense, has an inside and an outside game, etc.
He will be able to adjust to different types of game and that will help during a career.
SlobbaN
Banned User
And1: 459

Post#12 » by SlobbaN » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:22 am

Talent wise it's Embiid far and far away. But he might turn out to be injury prone, so who knows.
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,184

Post#13 » by God Squad » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:57 am

This is going to sound crazy to some, But I personally don't like Okafors game much. Easy choice for me.
Embiid and Towns.
luss54321
Starter
And1: 297

Post#14 » by luss54321 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:44 pm

SlobbaN wrote:Talent wise it's Embiid far and far away. But he might turn out to be injury prone, so who knows.

What?

Embiid is easily the least talented player of these 3.

He has a low basketball IQ, he's constantly in the wrong place, offensively and defensively. He can't stay on the floor because he picks up so many fouls. No post game. No ability to create a shot. Played limited minutes in college, gathering rebounds and garbage baskets.

How can you even compare that to the glaring talent of Okafor (2) and Towns (1)?

Okafor is #2 because of his poor defense, and 51% FT (an alarmingly low number)
WVU
Rookie
And1: 759

Post#15 » by WVU » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:35 pm

luss54321 wrote:
SlobbaN wrote:Talent wise it's Embiid far and far away. But he might turn out to be injury prone, so who knows.

What?

Embiid is easily the least talented player of these 3.

He has a low basketball IQ, he's constantly in the wrong place, offensively and defensively. He can't stay on the floor because he picks up so many fouls. No post game. No ability to create a shot. Played limited minutes in college, gathering rebounds and garbage baskets.

How can you even compare that to the glaring talent of Okafor (2) and Towns (1)?

Okafor is #2 because of his poor defense, and 51% FT (an alarmingly low number)

..not sure if serious

Return to Polls Discussion