Which team's roster, cap situation, future picks would you most like to own?

RealGM Polls
Veteran
And1: 10

Which team's roster, cap situation, future picks would you most like to own? 

Post#1 » by RealGM Polls » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:07 am

1. Warriors
2. Cavaliers
3. Thunder
4. Spurs
5. Clippers
6. Rockets
7. Wolves
8. Pelicans
9. Other
baldur
RealGM
And1: 12,369

Re: Which team's roster, cap situation, future picks would you most like to own? 

Post#2 » by baldur » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:49 pm

It is interesting 76ers and Celtics didnt take place in this poll by themselves. Celtics will select 8 players from the 2016 draft, and they ll keep having nets picks. 76ers can have first and fourth pick, miami pick can be conveyed as a lottery pick, embiid and saric will join the squad.
DJ3thenew23
Pro Prospect
And1: 80

Re: Which team's roster, cap situation, future picks would you most like to own? 

Post#3 » by DJ3thenew23 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:58 pm

baldur wrote:It is interesting 76ers and Celtics didnt take place in this poll by themselves. Celtics will select 8 players from the 2016 draft, and they ll keep having nets picks. 76ers can have first and fourth pick, miami pick can be conveyed as a lottery pick, embiid and saric will join the squad.

As much as I love the Sixers, the Wolves and even the Celts have better luck on their side. Wolves have 2 #1 picks already, and the Celts already have a playoff core with the Nets picks, able to either become a mediocre team until they can sign a big FA or trade some of their core for a big name guy and still get a good draft pick.
zeebo wrote:Is winning championships really that important?

olive_triangurl wrote:If i had to meet LeBron i'd go straight to the hypnotist to get my conscious memory wiped afterward (sadly it'd still be in my subconscious memory, as everything is, even past lives).
jmdibastiani
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#4 » by jmdibastiani » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:18 am

Yeah, it'd be good to have the Warriors' roster. However, because they're so good, they won't get that many decent picks. Since they've been doing so good the last few seasons, I honestly think the best pick they've gotten since their last lottery pick is Kevon Looney, and he hasn't even played in an NBA game yet. Meanwhile, with teams like the Timberwolves and the 76ers, you have an opportunity to continue building a franchise for a few years with high lottery picks and still pretty decent players.
Chi Dynasty12
Analyst
And1: 140

Post#5 » by Chi Dynasty12 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:37 pm

Personally, I'd take the Celtics. Have a great cap situation, draft picks, and fan base. Would be fun to see what you could do with that over the next decade
Chicago Bears 2025 Super Bowl Champions
Whetzell
Junior
And1: 96

Post#6 » by Whetzell » Fri Jan 1, 2016 3:32 am

Chi Dynasty12 wrote:Personally, I'd take the Celtics. Have a great cap situation, draft picks, and fan base. Would be fun to see what you could do with that over the next decade

Came here to say this.
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,810

Post#7 » by HotelVitale » Sun Jan 3, 2016 1:44 am

Whetzell wrote:
Chi Dynasty12 wrote:Personally, I'd take the Celtics. Have a great cap situation, draft picks, and fan base. Would be fun to see what you could do with that over the next decade
Came here to say this.

They don't have any sure things, though, or even likely great outcomes. They've got a good shot at a top-3 pick this year, but it's a weak draft and the Nets could well be on the upswing by next season. The current roster has IT2, Smart, and no other above average starters. And neither of those guys is a transcendent star. Few teams have done well with cap space in the past half decade, too, and most have ended up making marginal improvements.

I honestly think it's about 50/50 that any of those things works out and makes them a significantly better team than they are now. The possibilities are pretty awesome--they could end up with Ben Simmons, KD, and Josh Jackson next year--but none of those things are likely.
rousa27
Sophomore
And1: 89

Post#8 » by rousa27 » Sun Jan 3, 2016 5:19 pm

Don't sleep on the Jazz either.
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,213

Post#9 » by Pickled Prunes » Sun Jan 3, 2016 8:48 pm

jmdibastiani wrote:Yeah, it'd be good to have the Warriors' roster. However, because they're so good, they won't get that many decent picks. Since they've been doing so good the last few seasons, I honestly think the best pick they've gotten since their last lottery pick is Kevon Looney, and he hasn't even played in an NBA game yet. Meanwhile, with teams like the Timberwolves and the 76ers, you have an opportunity to continue building a franchise for a few years with high lottery picks and still pretty decent players.

Teams as good as the Warriors can attract free agents. Solid roll-players will sign with them for less and they can always trade for picks. Meanwhile, the Wolves and Sixers will have a hard time hanging on to the talent they do have an will need to overpay those who do stay.
EddieJonesFan
Starter
And1: 438

Post#10 » by EddieJonesFan » Mon Jan 4, 2016 9:28 pm

Warriors 1, Wolves 2.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Post#11 » by moocow007 » Wed Jan 6, 2016 2:39 pm

What about actual team value? If I'm dishing hundreds of millions of dollars of my money on a team to buy it I'd want one that has top value.

Return to Polls Discussion