What grade do you give the Thunder for trading Serge Ibaka?

RealGM Polls
Veteran
And1: 10

What grade do you give the Thunder for trading Serge Ibaka? 

Post#1 » by RealGM Polls » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:14 pm

1. A
2. B
3. C
4. D
5. F
artsncrafts
RealGM
And1: 25,039

Re: What grade do you give the Thunder for trading Serge Ibaka? 

Post#2 » by artsncrafts » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:41 pm

Why is there no option higher than an A?
Harold_and_Kumar wrote:What if the 10 incher was overrated and the 4 incher was too small for any playing time, but the 7 incher was a perfect fit for our roster and the 5 incher was good for specific situations, like backdoor cuts?
BeGreezy
Sophomore
And1: 12

Post#3 » by BeGreezy » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:56 pm

The fact it isn't 100% A is crazy. The Thunder just completely destroyed the Magic in this deal.
star_bury
Ballboy
And1: 10

Post#4 » by star_bury » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:39 pm

BeGreezy wrote:The fact it isn't 100% A is crazy. The Thunder just completely destroyed the Magic in this deal.

100%? You've gotta be kidding me. This should be AT BEST 99.5% for grade A. At worst, 99.4%.
tayottt
Junior
And1: 275

Post#5 » by tayottt » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:57 pm

I actually gave it a D.
However, I did some research and would revise it to a B+/A-.

I didn't realize how precipitous the fall was for Ibaka. I still gave him the same regard/esteem I did two years ago. Last year he fell off a cliff and has struggled to play physically, instead opting for more of a finesse game. His rebound rates are down, his FTr is low for his position, his shooting was down this year, and there are concerns about his age.

That being said, two years ago the guy was a basketball unicorn. A PF that could defend 4s/5s and switch onto the perimeter at times. He could hit the midranger and was a passable 3pt shooter. He was a perennial DPOY candidate.

However, that has all changed. I presume the Thunder have more information than I do so I can't really fault them for seeing him as a bit over the hill. That being said, I wonder whether a new team could reinvigorate him.

I'm not impressed by Sabonis and Ersan is just a rotation player at this stage. I do think that Victor Oladipo could be very good for them. He is a significantly better offensive option than Roberson, and significantly better than Waiters on D. He could give them that 3-D SG they've needed for years.

Only thing left is for them to let Waiters walk and try to add a PF so KD doesn't have to bang too much there over the course of the regular season.

Return to Polls Discussion