Re: Will James Harden play for the Sixers again?

RealGM Polls
Veteran
And1: 10

Will James Harden play for the Sixers again? 

Post#1 » by RealGM Polls » Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:05 pm

1. Yes
2. No
IWishIWasHarden
Sixth Man
And1: 159

Post#2 » by IWishIWasHarden » Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:16 pm

At this point, the 6ers have to be considering removing Morey instead. And dare I say Morey is considering removing himself.

Morey wouldn't have any love left for the game anyway now that Harden doesn't like him. Morey is off to NYC to listen to Broadway.
alienpick
Starter
And1: 619

Post#3 » by alienpick » Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:38 pm

IWishIWasHarden wrote:At this point, the 6ers have to be considering removing Morey instead. And dare I say Morey is considering removing himself.

Morey wouldn't have any love left for the game anyway now that Harden doesn't like him. Morey is off to NYC to listen to Broadway.

You really do wish you were Harden.

Morey did nothing wrong. Harden choose to pick up his option and then demand a trade to one team only. A team that didn't even really want him.

Harden could be a free agent right now and signing with whatever team he wanted. Instead he chose to pick up his player option (which means; play for the Sixers for one more year). Harden made his choice. Morey did the best he could to accommodate his trade request.
stlboy
Sophomore
And1: 17

Post#4 » by stlboy » Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:44 pm

alienpick wrote:
IWishIWasHarden wrote:At this point, the 6ers have to be considering removing Morey instead. And dare I say Morey is considering removing himself.

Morey did nothing wrong. Harden choose to pick up his option and then demand a trade to one team only. A team that didn't even really want him.

Harden could be a free agent right now and signing with whatever team he wanted. Instead he chose to pick up his player option (which means; play for the Sixers for one more year). Harden made his choice. Morey did the best he could to accommodate his trade request.

To say Morey did nothing wrong is crazy talk! Harden is not going to opt in the contract if he didn’t get any assurances from Morey that he would be traded. Remember they had a close relationship, so I can see a verbal agreement amongst those 2.
JazzP
Freshman
And1: 66

Post#5 » by JazzP » Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:05 pm

alienpick wrote:

Is it for sure only one team that Harden would accept?

I think that's a fair assessment; though to say that "Morey did the best he could" doesn't feel right on it's face. It's still the offseason, if we're referring to his efforts in the past tense, then by default he did not give it his best.
The clock is still ticking.
IWishIWasHarden
Sixth Man
And1: 159

Post#6 » by IWishIWasHarden » Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:35 pm

alienpick wrote:

You seem to have missed the point of the post, which isn't surprising of course. What else is new?

I suggested the 76ers, who are said to be trying to keep Harden, are likely considering removing Morey instead [because Harden means more to them].

If that point wasn't obvious, keep reading text but without replying until you can comprehend text better.
alienpick
Starter

Post#7 » by alienpick » Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:01 pm

stlboy wrote:
alienpick wrote:

To say Morey did nothing wrong is crazy talk! Harden is not going to opt in the contract if he didn’t get any assurances from Morey that he would be traded. Remember they had a close relationship, so I can see a verbal agreement amongst those 2.

It's been reported that Harden didn't talk to the Sixers at all before choosing to opt in at the last moment. Harden made that choice by himself.
alienpick
Starter

Post#8 » by alienpick » Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:05 pm

IWishIWasHarden wrote:
alienpick wrote:

You seem to have missed the point of the post, which isn't surprising of course. What else is new?

I suggested the 76ers, who are said to be trying to keep Harden, are likely considering removing Morey instead [because Harden means more to them].

If that point wasn't obvious, keep reading text but without replying until you can comprehend text better.

... or maybe you need to learn to express your point better. I re-read your post and it's not what you said. There's no reason the 76ers would be considering firing Morey. They want Harden, but not enough to offer him an extension. So, they don't REALLY want Harden.
alienpick
Starter

Post#9 » by alienpick » Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:06 pm

JazzP wrote:
alienpick wrote:

Is it for sure only one team that Harden would accept?

I think that's a fair assessment; though to say that "Morey did the best he could" doesn't feel right on it's face. It's still the offseason, if we're referring to his efforts in the past tense, then by default he did not give it his best.
The clock is still ticking.

True, but if the Clippers have shut down the talks, as reported, then there's not much more to do. If the Clippers have said they don't want Harden, then there's nothing Morey can do.
puja21
Bench Warmer
And1: 204

Post#10 » by puja21 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:26 pm

alienpick wrote:
stlboy wrote:
alienpick wrote:

It's been reported that Harden didn't talk to the Sixers at all before choosing to opt in at the last moment. Harden made that choice by himself.

Link on those reports?

I mean technically, the Sixers were prohibited from negotiating with Harden before free agency began at 6 p.m. ET on June 30.
And his option deadline was June 29th.

I just haven't seen any reporter put pen to paper that Harden didn't discuss the trade request before the opt in.

Obviously teams routinely break the free agency contact rule-- the Sixers were JUST stripped of their second-round picks in 2023 and 2024 for engaging in free-agency discussions w/ Harden's Houston friends, Tucker and House, last offseason (using the money Harden gave back when he opted out of 47M and reupped for 33M)
alienpick
Starter

Post#11 » by alienpick » Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:28 am

puja21 wrote:
alienpick wrote:
stlboy wrote:

Link on those reports?

I mean technically, the Sixers were prohibited from negotiating with Harden before free agency began at 6 p.m. ET on June 30.

I just haven't seen any reporter put pen to paper that Harden didn't discuss the trade request before the opt in.

Obviously teams routinely break the free agency contact rule-- the Sixers were JUST stripped of their second-round picks in 2023 and 2024 for engaging in free-agency discussions w/ Harden's Houston friends, Tucker and House, last offseason (using the money Harden gave back when he opted out of 47M and reupped for 33M)

It was on this site, in one of the Daryl Morey stories. I could dig for it, you could dig for it, but you also just proved it yourself. They couldn't talk to him before he chose to resign; and they certainly wouldn't risk it, knowing the NBA was watching them like a hawk. Harden chose to re-up on his own.
Plutonashfan
Analyst
And1: 3,147

Post#12 » by Plutonashfan » Fri Sep 1, 2023 3:39 pm

I voted yes, but I'm sure this fatass will show up 25 pounds overweight and hungover for camp. Traded within 2 weeks of the season starting
The Champ is HERE!!!
niha17
Rookie
And1: 71

Post#13 » by niha17 » Tue Sep 5, 2023 11:21 pm

you might have to send embid the an atlanta strip club to get him back on the court. like when the bulls went to vegas to get rodman
puja21
Bench Warmer
And1: 204

Post#14 » by puja21 » Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:44 pm

alienpick wrote:
puja21 wrote:
alienpick wrote:

Link on those reports?

It was on this site, in one of the Daryl Morey stories. I could dig for it, you could dig for it, but you also just proved it yourself. They couldn't talk to him before he chose to resign; and they certainly wouldn't risk it, knowing the NBA was watching them like a hawk. Harden chose to re-up on his own.

And now we seemingly know; last week, Ramona Shelburne reported "when it mattered most, Morey wasn't taking calls from Harden's camp. "James felt like Daryl was ghosting him," one source close to Harden said. "He felt betrayed.""
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,225

Post#15 » by Pickled Prunes » Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:09 am

puja21 wrote:
alienpick wrote:
puja21 wrote:
Link on those reports?

And now we seemingly know; last week, Ramona Shelburne reported "when it mattered most, Morey wasn't taking calls from Harden's camp. "James felt like Daryl was ghosting him," one source close to Harden said. "He felt betrayed.""

The strange thing is that GM's can always talk to their own players. They can't always negotiate, but they can always pick up the phone.

Return to Polls Discussion