What should the Hawks do this offseason?

RealGM Polls
Veteran
And1: 10

What should the Hawks do this offseason? 

Post#1 » by RealGM Polls » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:24 pm

1. Trade Dejounte
2. Trade Trae
3. Keep both
Salty1
Senior
And1: 81

Re: What should the Hawks do this offseason? 

Post#2 » by Salty1 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:16 pm

They just beat Boston back to back without their defensive liability. Might be a good indication of where they stand. They should try to bring tray in off the bench.
GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,496

Post#3 » by GoSixersBro » Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:14 am

Sell high on Trae. He's already at the end of Year 6 and likely won't be as coveted at the end of his current deal.
Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016
phenith
Sophomore
And1: 38

Post#4 » by phenith » Mon Apr 1, 2024 12:58 pm

Trading Doncic for Trae probably gives the Hawks a deep down feeling that they "have to" make it work with Trae, but he is exactly as advertised and it's just too hard to make up for sub par shooting and cover for his turn-style defense.

He's a high usage, below average shooter that turns the ball over a lot and is a pylon defensively... his best skill is passing and his other skills aren't "elite" enough to really make up for that and the terrible defense. It's hard to imagine a team that will be eager to plug him in as a 1st option when he's proven that he's not suited for that role. If they manage to get a "superstar haul" for him, the other team is the loser in that trade.
Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Post#5 » by Barcs » Mon Apr 1, 2024 8:09 pm

I remember when Murray was traded to the Hawks, I was pretty surprised because they already had a good point guard. Bringing in another PG made no sense. Of all the teams for him to join, I did not see that coming, and no surprise it's not working out. I remember actually wanting Murray over Jalen Brunson at the time. Glad the Knicks didn't do that.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:

Return to Polls Discussion