Xavi Reverses Decision, Will Remain As Barcelona Manager Next Season

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Xavi Reverses Decision, Will Remain As Barcelona Manager Next Season 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:49 am

Xavi has agreed to remain as manager of Barcelona until the end of his contract at the end of the 24-25 season. Xavi previously announced he would step down at the end of the current season.

Barcelona vice president Rafa Yuste appeared to confirm the agreement when exiting the meeting late Wednesday night.

\"We had a meeting with the coach and the president in which Xavi showed us his commitment,\" he told reporters. \"He is a Barça guy, he is the coach who can lead our project and our young players from the club. I am convinced that he will do a great job, I am very happy for him because he is a great \'culé.\'

\"I am happy [with Xavi staying] because I always defended the continuity of the project he started two-and-a-half years ago.

\"We have not talked [in the meeting] about changes in our team at all. Xavi has shown his enthusiasm and we must support him and his staff to continue with this project.\"

Xavi was appointed manager in 2021 and led them to win their first LaLiga title in four seasons last year.

Via Sam Marsden, Moises Llorens/ESPN

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion