Antoine Griezmann Sees Issues With All Potential Landing Spots

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Antoine Griezmann Sees Issues With All Potential Landing Spots 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:38 am

Antoine Griezmann says he will consider his future at the end of the season, but suggested the weather in England might put him off a move to the Premier League.

"With Real Sociedad, I felt that I needed to leave. For the moment, I do not know where that desire came from," he told RMC.

"Who knows how the season will finish. If it finishes badly, maybe I will ask myself the question. For the moment, it is not relevant...

"Aside from that, I am asking myself where I could go. In Spain, there is Barcelona and Real Madrid.

"Barcelona have the three [Neymar, Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez] up top. Real Madrid, that is impossible because of the club I am at [Real's fierce Madrid rivals Atletico]. I think that between them, there is a pact [not to sell players between them].

"Germany, the league does not attract me much. France, not for the moment.

"And England, I have a lot of doubts about my private life. Everything like rain, bad weather... I need to feel happy outside."

Griezmann added that he enjoyed watching the Premier League, but that Spain's La Liga was a better fit for his style of play.

"I like the teams who bring intensity like in England," he said. "Yes, I watch the English league. The referees let the game flow, the stadiums are always full. But if I have to choose one league, it is the Spanish league, because it corresponds the best with my game."

Via ESPN

Pukovnik
Senior
And1: 168

Re: Antoine Griezmann Sees Issues With All Potential Landing Spots 

Post#2 » by Pukovnik » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:02 pm

The fact that weather is an issue for Griezmann should be a huge red flag for any English team to bring him over. Its been proved many times how players who are affected by the weather eventually become depressed and clubs usually have to sell them after a year. My guess, he goes to PSG.

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion