Monterrey Coach Apologizes For Calling Lionel Messi \'Possessed Dwarf\'

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Monterrey Coach Apologizes For Calling Lionel Messi \'Possessed Dwarf\' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Apr 8, 2024 2:14 pm

Monterrey assistant coach Nico Sanchez issued an apology after audio leaked of him calling Lionel Messi a “dwarf” and saying Messi had “the face of the devil.”

There was a confrontation involving Messi, Jordi Alba, Luis Suarez and Miami coach Tata Martino in a mixed zone outside the visitors’ locker room. 

Audio of Sanchez discussing the locker room confrontation leaked through Fox Sports MX. “The dwarf was possessed, he had the face of the devil,” Sanchez said. “He put his fist next to my face and says: ‘Who do you think you are?’ But because I didn’t look at him, I was looking away, I never answered back, it made things worse.

“And Tata Martino, what a poor dummy, I had him in front of me telling me: ‘Fool, you going to cry? Fool you going to cry?’ What a dummy! All those videos, they probably erased them all because it leaves them looking bad. What they did was really serious. They want to dirty the pitch.”

Sanchez apologised to Martino in a video posted on social media. “Since I do not know the Inter coach, Gerardo Martino, and I referred to him in a disrespectful manner, and I apologize,” Sanchez said. “I am as Argentine as all of them and I will always defend my club. I’m here to show my face and take charge.”

Via The Guardian

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion