Total votes: 37

Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,699

Mass Dispatch Who Wants To Be A Moderator? USER VOTE 

Post#1 » by Howard Mass » Fri Aug 8, 2014 10:45 am

RealGM Users and Moderators,

This past Wednesday, I selected MadNESS as The Winner of The Mass Dispatch Who Wants To Be A Moderator? Invitational/

Now, it is your turn to give one user a chance to Interview with me to become a Moderator.

Several applicants requested not to be a part of The Mass Dispatch Who Wants To Be A Moderator? Invitational User Vote and they have been excluded.

Each Application will not include The Username of the individual who sent it and are posted in the order that they were sent by applicants to me.

Please read them over and vote for the one in the Poll Above that you feel most deserves to interview with me to become A Moderator.

The Voting will remain open for 10 days and close on August 17.

May The Best Application Win!
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mass Dispatch Who Wants To Be A Moderator? USER VOTE 

Post#2 » by Howard Mass » Fri Aug 8, 2014 11:48 am

Invitational Application #1

General NFL Board OR 49ers NFL Board

Why I want be moderate 1 of these boards: I'm a huge 49ers fan/NFL fan and my family owns season tickets to the new Levi's Stadium. I'm extremely active on RealGM and whilst the NFL boards not so much, i would absolutely become more active and try to promote them as much as possible. The 49ers are my favorite team amongst any sport and are a passion of mine, being able to say that i moderate a board that deals with the 49ers would be amazing to me. I consider myself to be a quality poster and would hope that my reputation also coincides with my personal views. I am able to remain unbiased even whilst my team is being discussed and can take as well as give out criticism to my own team.

Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#3 » by Howard Mass » Fri Aug 8, 2014 11:49 am

Invitational Application #2

Hey Howard, I'd love to apply for the Seattle Seahawks moderator position. Reasons for why I think I'm the best candidate? Well as you can probably notice from my IP address, I live in Western Canada, so I'm a Seahawks fan all the way (until they bring the Bills to Canada....). What I add to the table is that I'm not as fanatic with this team as I am with the Toronto Raptors, another team that I support, which I think helps because that allows a moderator to be more neutral and not pick sides with users. Another thing that sets me apart from other applicants is that I'm definitely more active on this site than your average user, and I usually visit multiple boards on a daily basis so moderating the Seahawks forum wouldn't be an issue. Working in an office as well having the RealGM app helps a lot with keeping myself active on the site.

Despite being on RealGM for only 8 months, I think I'm the ideal user you're looking for. I'm certainly not perfect but I would try my best to be a respected member of your community. And I think I would benefit from it as well.

Regardless of your decision, thank you for allowing me and other users regardless of background this neat opportunity. 

Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#4 » by Howard Mass » Fri Aug 8, 2014 11:50 am

Invitational Application #3

Hello Howard,

I am interested in applying to be a moderator on the General NFL board.

Since I began posting on RealGm I have been interested in becoming a moderator. I initially had a bad track record with some post on the General Board, but I have since then followed all the rules and have stayed out of trouble.

I think I would make a great moderator for a variety of reasons. The first is that I follow a variety of boards on RealGm and get a long well with many of the posters and moderators from many of our boards. Although I have my teams that I root for, I keep an unbiased approach when reading and responding to others post. This is why I would choose the General NFL board. Growing up in Los Angeles, I didn't have a team to root for, so I just watched the NFL as a whole rather than root for a specific team. This takes me to my second reason of why I would be a good moderator.

I have just graduated from my undergrad program and will be taking some time off while I prepare to apply for medical school. I have the time to moderate a board and I spend a good amount of time on RealGm in general as you can see by the amount of post I have.

All in all it would be a great privilege to become a member of the RealGm family. Even if I don't get the position, I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity to apply to be a moderator. In any case that you are ever looking for a moderator, I am always interested and willing to take on the job.

Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#5 » by Howard Mass » Fri Aug 8, 2014 11:50 am

Invitational Application #4

Forum: Pittsburgh Steelers

WeIl I must say this is a unique opportunity and one that I would relish. For me this is a no brainer to apply for the Steelers forum, I'm a life long Steelers fan going back to the late 70's.

I'm well versed on the Steelers history from any era they've played. I believe I can be a valuable asset to the forum because of my knowledge of the game of football, what I know about the team and the teams that play in it's division.

If chosen for moderator of this forum, I will be active in keeping game info up to date, weekly team reports, and I will search around the board to see who else is a die hard Black and Yellow fan. 

I've posted on the board in the past and would love on Sundays to post and share info with my die hard brethren of Steeler fans.

Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#6 » by Howard Mass » Fri Aug 8, 2014 11:51 am

Invitational Application #5

I saw that you want to increase traffic flow in the football forums and I would like to help. I agree on all of your points. I would like to help by being the moderator for the bills. I actually live in buffalo and football is my primary sport. I keep up with everything that happens in camp and the offseason. I can provide analysis and thoughts throughout the year. I have realistic and sometimes optimistic thoughts.
So that's my pitch. Hope you choose me.

Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#7 » by Howard Mass » Fri Aug 8, 2014 11:51 am

Invitational Application #6

New England Patriots.

I am most likely the best person for this job, because I already keep the Patriots Forum going. 

I post most of the Threads. You can look and see. And, I think that I do a pretty good job. At least, I work to keep interesting.

I'm not sure what the added duties of a Moderator entail; beyond having a level head. In any event, whether I become a Moderator or not, I will continue to do what is needed, to keep that Forum interesting.

El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,561

Post#8 » by El Turco » Fri Aug 8, 2014 3:30 pm

Howard Mass wrote:Invitational Application #3

Hello Howard,

Since I began posting on RealGm I have been interested in becoming a moderator. I initially had a bad track record with some post on the General Board, but I have since then followed all the rules and have stayed out of trouble.

I think I would make a great moderator for a variety of reasons. The first is that I follow a variety of boards on RealGm and get a long well with many of the posters and moderators from many of our boards. Although I have my teams that I root for, I keep an unbiased approach when reading and responding to others post. This is why I would choose the General NFL board. Growing up in Los Angeles, I didn't have a team to root for, so I just watched the NFL as a whole rather than root for a specific team. This takes me to my second reason of why I would be a good moderator.

I have just graduated from my undergrad program and will be taking some time off while I prepare to apply for medical school. I have the time to moderate a board and I spend a good amount of time on RealGm in general as you can see by the amount of post I have.

All in all it would be a great privilege to become a member of the RealGm family. Even if I don't get the position, I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity to apply to be a moderator. In any case that you are ever looking for a moderator, I am always interested and willing to take on the job.

i nominate this poster for the lawncare board
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#9 » by Howard Mass » Fri Aug 8, 2014 8:00 pm

El Turco wrote:
Howard Mass wrote:Invitational Application #3

Hello Howard,

i nominate this poster for the lawncare board

El Turco,

There is no lawncare forum but you could just cast your vote for the user.

Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,737

Post#10 » by Revived » Sat Aug 9, 2014 8:02 am

Hey Howard do you think you could post how long each other applicants have been on the Real GM board also? Maybe not the exact date for privacy reasons but maybe how many months or years they have been part of the board?

It may not matter to others but to me its relevant....can't have a rookie who hasn't quite earned his stripes the starting job right away.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#11 » by Howard Mass » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:53 pm

It's still anyone's game.

It will be interesting to see who RealGM Users select for me to interview.

Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#12 » by Howard Mass » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:51 pm

SF88 wrote:Hey Howard do you think you could post how long each other applicants have been on the Real GM board also? Maybe not the exact date for privacy reasons but maybe how many months or years they have been part of the board?

It may not matter to others but to me its relevant....can't have a rookie who hasn't quite earned his stripes the starting job right away.

I want to keep applicants as anonymous as possible.

Some users are newer and others have been here longer though.

Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#13 » by Howard Mass » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:48 pm

Application #1 is The Winner.

I'll be contacting them later today.

In addition, II'll be contacting all of the participants about their future Moderator prospects.

Return to Mass Dispatch