The Happenings On The RealGM Forums With Administrator Howard Mass
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,699

Mass Dispatch 10.0. NFL Forums and "Beat The Commish" Starts 

Post#1 » by Howard Mass » Wed Sep 3, 2014 8:58 pm

Mass Dispatch 10.0

In this week's edition of Mass Dispatch......

The Mass Matter is The Start of The NFL Season, our NFL Forums and Week 1 of “Beat The Commish”

In Ask Howard, Forgotten 49ers Fans, Getting General Off-Topic Board User of the Month and Locked Threads are discussed.

We then have our Mass Dispatch User, Thread and Moderator of The Week

Inside The Administrator's Office gives an update on a Moderator search and hints at a user who turned down the chance to become a Moderator.

Let's get to The Mass Matter................

The Mass Matter: The Start of The NFL Season, our NFL Forums and Week One of “Beat The Commish”

The start of The NFL Season has arrived and those wonderful Sunday cookouts and get-togethers are back.

For me, it will mean being up in the afternoon on Sunday tired (I work the overnight hours here at RealGM) and watching NFL RedZone since The NFL treats their fans like crap and has their “Exclusive” NFL Sunday Ticket Deal With Direct TV that they are likely to extend.

I cannot watch my New York Giants each week although they are on Monday Night Football Week 1.

It's a bummer but at least I see clips on RedZone.

Anyway.........

We recently had a bunch of San Francisco 49ers Fans join our Forum and I would like all RealGm NFL Fans to go visit our NFL Forums.

viewforum.php?f=247

An even easier way to navigate would be to use The MyForums Feature

myforums.php

It is a really neat page that I use and can enter the forums through.

To get a Forum on your page, just go to That Forum and below all of the topics, you will see a “New Topic” button on the left and then as you look a little to The Right, you will see a “MyForum” Text Link. Just click on that and the forum will appear on your MyForums Page.

I encourage all users to go to your favorite NFL Forum and get some discussion going.
A few forums of our forums have had discussion and it just takes one user to get a discussion going and then others will follow.

I am confident that more NFL Forums can get going and encourage all NFL Fans to go join the discussion on our NFL Forums.

Ohh and for anyone who does not think we have NFL Fans, here are the latest favorite team counts from our Users On RealGM for each NFL Forums which proves there is definitely a base here on RealGM for just about every NFL Team.

Arizona Cardinals: 99
Atlanta Falcons: 62
Baltimore Ravens: 84
Buffalo Bills: 97
Carolina Panthers: 108
Chicago Bears: 399
Cincinnati Bengals: 55
Cleveland Browns: 103
Dallas Cowboys: 139
Denver Broncos: 83
Detroit Lions: 123
Green Bay Packers: 335
Houston Texans: 69
Indianapolis Colts: 77
Jacksonville Jaguars: 38
Kansas City Chiefs: 30
Miami Dolphins: 223
Minnesota Vikings: 145
New England Patriots: 240
New Orleans Saints: 57
New York Giants: 314
New York Jets: 182
Oakland Raiders: 110
Philadelphia Eagles: 204
Pittsburgh Steelers: 103
San Diego Chargers: 60
San Francisco 49ers: 290
Seattle Seahawks: 136
St Louis Rams: 46
Tampa Bay Buccaneers: 91
Tennessee Titans: 36
Washington Redskins: 113

The much anticipated “Beat The Commish” Contest starts this week.

Each week....

I will be competing against RealGM Users and Moderators and they will be competing against each other.

viewtopic.php?f=437&t=1340874

This will be a season-long competition and any user who “Beats The Commish” will get mentioned in my column next week.

I will also be posting The User and Moderator Standings and announcing which Team had the better winning percentage for the Week.

“Beat The Commish” is going to be a fun competition and I will enjoy writing about it all season long as we find out who is the better Team, who is the best User and Moderator and of course, we will learn who if anyone can “Beat The Commish”

Participants: It's time to make your Week 1 picks. Your Thursday pick is due by Thursday at 7 PM EST and your Sunday and Monday Picks are due at Noon EST On Sunday.

viewtopic.php?f=437&t=1343774

Ask Howard

Have a question about RealGM? The Forums? An Issue you would like me to address publicly or something in general? Just post it in the Ask Howard Thread of The Mass Dispatch Forum or you could send me a PM and I just might answer it in my next column. 

RIPSkaterdude Asks: Man who does a guy gotta pleasure to get user of the month around here?

Howard's Response: I believe you are referring to The Mass Dispatch General Off-Topic Board User of the Month Award.

It is all about being a good poster on The Off-Topic Board and making an impact. You cannot pleasure anyone to get the coveted “King of the GOTB” Title.

RIPSkaterdude Asks: And hey howie how about the 3 or 4 of the previous 49ers fans who kept the board alive before these guys? No respect man, no respect

Howard's Response: I should have mentioned those 3-4 fans along with The Sacramento Kings Fans as Moderator Wolfay noted last week when awarding our San Francisco 49ers Forum those Awards.

I sincerely apologize to those users.

A Few Users Asked Via PM: Why was my Thread Locked?

Howard's Response: I request from Moderators that they give an explanation when they lock a thread.

However, if they are on their phone, I ask that they do it later on and sometimes they do forget.

If there is ever a problem with a locked thread, please PM a Moderator on the forum and if for some reason there s not a response, please contact me.

Mass Dispatch User, Thread and Moderator of The Week

It's time for the Weekly Mass Dispatch Forum Awards.

If you know of a User, Thread or Moderator that deserves to be recognized, please either send me a PM or make a post on The Mass Dispatch Forum.

Your nominee might just receive an Award. 

Mass Dispatch User of The Week

Hermes

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=70586

This week I wanted to recognize a User who posts on multiple Sections of our RealGM Forums.

While I first came into contact with Hermes on our General Off-Topic Board, I had noticed him previously as a User who seemed like they were everywhere on our Forums.

Hermes is a huge Chicago Cubs and Minnesota Vikings Fan. He also contributes on other NFL Forums and did help start a huge World Cup Thread on our Off-Topic Board.

In addition to being all over RealGM, I find Hermes to be a leader amongst our Users and definitely one of the best Users on RealGM.

I do wonder if he will be able to “Beat The Commish” but regardless am happy to have him as a User on this forum.

Congratulations to our Mass Dispatch User of The Week Hermes!

Mass Dispatch Thread of The Week

The Jackie M- Rondo Wants Out? Thread on our Boston Celtics Forum

This past Holiday Weekend, news broke that Rajon Rondo allegedly told The Boston Celtics that he wanted out.

With The Kevin Love saga over, Rajon Rondo is likely the next big fish to be on the move.

This thread highlights the emotions of our Boston Celtics Fans as they share their thoughts on the rumors that their star player wants out of town.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1343360

Congratulations to our Boston Celtics Forum!

Mass Dispatch Moderator of The Week

jazzfan1971

Throughout his 13 years on our RealGM Forums, jazzfan1971 has always been a great contributor to this site.

A few years into his tenure at RealGM, he became a Moderator on our Utah Jazz and Fantasy Basketball Forums. He then went on to Moderate our NBA Trades and Transactions Forum aand our Current Affairs Forum before becoming a Global Moderator.

Jazzfan1971 also interacts very well with our users and always seems to be helping others and asking other forums their opinions on their favorite teams.

Behind the scenes he is a class act and a wonderful person who is very professional.

I love having him on The Moderator Team.

Congratulations to Global Moderator jazzfan1971!

Inside The Administrator's Office

Over the past couple of weeks, I have been saying that I plan to add another Moderator to a growing NBA Team Forum.

I did interview the candidate that initially declined and it's possible that I will finally reveal who this person is and announce a new Moderator for one of our NBA Team Forums next week.

Speaking of Moderator Candidates, there is a deep bench amongst our Users on quite a few of our NBA Forums.

There are people that I cannot find a place for yet but there is one candidate who declined interest that I hope to recruit onto the team sometime in the next 4-8 months. I'll be dropping hints and trying to woo this User from time to time in the coming weeks and months and maybe already have done so.

I really want to get this User to become a Moderator on RealGM.

Contact Mass Dispatch

If anyone has a question, feedback, feel a user, thread or Moderator should be recognized or something they would like to see in Mass Dispatch, please post it on The Mass Dispatch Forum or send me a PM. You could even send me a note on Twitter @homassrealgm
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,561

Re: Mass Dispatch 10.0. NFL Forums and "Beat The Commish" St 

Post#2 » by El Turco » Wed Sep 3, 2014 9:37 pm

You cannot pleasure anyone to get the coveted “King of the GOTB” Title.

don't act like you didn't enjoy my foot rub
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,469

Post#3 » by Slava » Wed Sep 3, 2014 9:41 pm

Congrats hermes!
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,583

Post#4 » by hermes » Wed Sep 3, 2014 10:08 pm

viking fans, we're waiting for you
viewtopic.php?f=167&t=1337416
magic22s
Junior
And1: 117

Post#5 » by magic22s » Thu Sep 4, 2014 3:24 am

Congratulations hermes and jazzfan1971!
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,235

Post#6 » by EArl » Thu Sep 4, 2014 5:53 am

Congrats hermes. I hope you win King of the GOTB next month.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#7 » by C.lupus » Thu Sep 4, 2014 3:01 pm

Congrats hermes and Jazzfan. Both well deserved honors.
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Post#8 » by truth18 » Thu Sep 4, 2014 3:43 pm

Awesome! Hermes is my fav Lakers poster here (along with Deep3 and Earl) and a great contributor to the Gamer's Lounge (check it out if you get a sec, could use more posters there).
YOU LOSE
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,521

Post#9 » by RIPskaterdude » Thu Sep 4, 2014 6:36 pm

This is for you, hermes

grats
RSCD3_
RealGM
And1: 7,280

Post#10 » by RSCD3_ » Thu Sep 4, 2014 7:44 pm

I can't find the prediction thread for week can someone link it

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
I came here to do two things: get lost and slice **** up & I'm all out of directions.

Butler removing rearview mirror in his car as a symbol to never look back

Peja Stojakovic wrote:Jimmy butler, with no regard for human life
TheKingofSting
RealGM
And1: 2,163

Post#11 » by TheKingofSting » Fri Sep 5, 2014 1:53 am

I'm going to win this.
President of the Quinn Cook Fan Club

Bradley Beal has D Wade potential
greenbeans
RealGM
And1: 14,099

Post#12 » by greenbeans » Sun Sep 7, 2014 12:08 am

Jackie Mac is garbage and spreading half-truths, please pay her no mind
Gremz
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,142

Post#13 » by Gremz » Sun Sep 7, 2014 1:31 am

Oh, I get it. It's "Mass" Dispatch because there's lots of them. Pretty smart guy right here I reckon. 8-)
TheKingofSting
RealGM
And1: 2,163

Post#14 » by TheKingofSting » Sun Sep 7, 2014 2:49 am

Gremz <3
President of the Quinn Cook Fan Club

Bradley Beal has D Wade potential
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#15 » by Howard Mass » Mon Sep 8, 2014 12:51 pm

Gremz wrote:Oh, I get it. It's "Mass" Dispatch because there's lots of them. Pretty smart guy right here I reckon. 8-)

Feel free to ask this in The Ask Howard thread.

Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#16 » by Howard Mass » Tue Sep 9, 2014 11:10 am

In Tomorrow's edition of Mass Dispatch, I will announce which NBA Team Forum is getting a new Moderator and who that person is.

This will be in "Inside The Administrator's Office".

WarFan
RealGM
And1: 1,484

Post#17 » by WarFan » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:55 am

Howard Mass wrote:An even easier way to navigate would be to use The MyForums Feature

myforums.php

It is a really neat page that I use and can enter the forums through.

To get a Forum on your page, just go to That Forum and below all of the topics, you will see a “New Topic” button on the left and then as you look a little to The Right, you will see a “MyForum” Text Link. Just click on that and the forum will appear on your MyForums Page.

I had no idea this had been added. I've been wanting something like it for years as navigating between forums for different sports (and the off-topic forums) has always been a pain in the ass. Thanks!

Return to Mass Dispatch