The Happenings On The RealGM Forums With Administrator Howard Mass
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,687

Mass Dispatch 35.0: Let's Livin Things Up, Links, Avatars 

Post#1 » by Howard Mass » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:04 am

Mass Dispatch 35.0

In this edition of Mass Dispatch..............

The Mass Matter on Livin' things up as we approach the most exciting of the NBA Year. I also have an update on some of the things that need to be fixed around here.

Ask Howard focuses on where Users can upload Avatars from.

We then our Mass Dispatch User, Thread and Moderator of The Week

Inside The Administrator's Office introduces everyone to our two newest Moderators and how they were selected.

Let's get right to The Mass Matter.............................

The Mass Matter: Update On Forum Issues and Let's Livin Things Up

The most exciting day of the year is 1 week from today.

It's the night where most of us have our hearts pounding with excitement and nervousness. Where 5 minutes seem like 20 and we either go crazy or are pissed off as hell after our favorite team makes their selection.

For me, it is by far by favorite day of the year although my Nieces' birthdays, Christmas/Hanukah and giving them their Easter Basket each year are not far behind. I never knew how great it would be to have Nieces.

I want this place to be lively leading up to The NBA Draft, during The NBA Draft and afterwards during free agency and The Summer Leagues.

One bit of very good news is I have been informed that we are close to fixing the log out problem and the broken links issue.

The AND 1 Notification issue is also being worked but it seems to be taking more time.

Hopefully, those and the other things that need to be done will be soon.

In the meantime, I'd love for all of us to livin' up this place with some great discussions and draw old Users back to this forum and encourage new ones to join the greatest group of NBA Forums on the internet.

Several Users have been very innovative in trying to livin' things up around here.

Here are just some examples........

- One User who will be revealed in the Mass Dispatch Awards did a Mock offseason for EVERY team in The NBA.
- Dorkestra is running a Mock Draft Contest on our NBA Mock Drafts Forum (Located in sub forum inside NBA Draft Forum). I am - participating in it and everyone who beats me gets listed in the edition of Mass Dispatch following The Draft.
- There is A Fan Forum Mock Draft going on where Forums are voting in a poll for who their pick should be.
- PhoenixSuns Moderator bwgood77 is starting threads on The Suns Forum to try and get lurkers to sign up
- Our Charlotte Hornets Forum is doing a Big Board that is already like 24 players long.
- Laimbeer seems to be everywhere.

It's goes on and on.

It has been such an innovative time for The RealGM Forums and I want everyone to keep it coming.

No matter if you are A User or Moderator, If you have a great idea, feel free to try it out

What's happening now on the forums is awesome and I want EVERYONE to keep livin' everything up as we head towards the most exciting day and time of the year.

The next Mass Matter will recognize all of these innovations the day of the most exciting night of the year.

Ask Howard

If you have a question about anything RealGM, just send me a PM or leave your question in the Ask Howard thread on the Mass Dispatch forum.

This Edition's Question......................

Multiple Users have Asked: What are the approved sites where I can upload my Signatureand/or Avatar From?

Howard's Response: We allow Users to upload Signatures from 4 sites.

Imageshack
Imgur
Photobucket
TinyPic

We only allow Signatures and Avatars to be uploaded from these sites as they are proven to be safe sites .
When we did not have this restriction, some Signature and Avatars would set off anti-virus alarms and block various forum pages for Users.

It's possible we will add more allowed sites in the future but for now, it will only be the above 4.

Mass Dispatch User, Thread and Moderator of The Week

It is time for this week's Mass Dispatch Awards. If you would like to nominate a User, Thread or Moderator for an Award, please send me a PM or pot your nomination in the appropriate thread on The Mass Dispatch forum.

Mass Dispatch User of The Week

Sportscrazy

Around this time of the year, many of us do our Mock Drafts and speculate who is coming and going from our favorite teams.

Sportscrazy took it quite a few steps further and made a post with his own mock offseason.

They did an entire mock offseason of each of the 30 NBA Team's moves along with of course their own Mock Draft.

While I do believe my beloved Orlando Magic will sign a free agent or two, I did like them drafting Justise Winslow with the #5 pick.

Several NBA Trades and Transactions pointed this out to be and want to thank them for showing me an obvious winner for User of The Week.

Congratulations to our Mass Dispatch User of The Week

Sportscrazy

Mass Dispatch Thread of The Week

Sportscrazy's 2015 Mock Off Season Thread

viewtopic.php?p=43713336#p43713336

Usually something The User of The Week did also gets thread of the week.

That is the case here too.

I encourage all Users to view this wonderful piece of work by sportscrazy.

You might not agree with all of it but regardless of your take on it, us sports and mainly basketball junkies admire someone who would take the time to write up such a great piece of work.

Congratulations to our Mass Dispatch Thread of The Week

Sportscrazy's 2015 Mock Off Season Thread

Mass Dispatch Moderator of The Week

bwgood77

He was just introduced as a Moderator in the last edition of Mass Dispatch a little over a month ago but bwgood77 has made a huge impact in his short time as a Moderator.

Bwgood77 really wants to bring Suns Users who left the forum due to being distraught over some moves the team made at the Trading Deadline and the negativity that came with it. The Suns also seem to be caught in the middle of the league which can be very tough as it is the worst place a team could be.

One of the main things he has done is create some very interesting threads including one which I feel ALL Forums should have.

“Lurkers, time to sign up”

The thread got Users to sign up and brought new posters to The Phoenix Suns community.

He has also started threads to get discussion going and along with Kerrsed contacted members and urged them to return to the forums.

In a time when everyone is looking for a blue chip NBA Prospects, I definitely found a blue chip Moderator.

Bwgood77 now becomes the only person to win both The Mass Dispatch User of The Week (He shared this one) and Moderator of The Week.

Congratulations to The Mass Dispatch Moderator of The Week.....

bwgood77

Inside The Administrator's Office

During my Mass Dispatch hiatus this last month, I have been busy behind the scenes making Moderator additions to several forums.

While some searches are ongoing or have just started, I am proud to announce that we have two new Moderators on two of our NBA team forums.

Our Philadelphia Sixers and Phoenix Suns Forum

For both forums, I placed a premium on activeness in addition to the other things I look for when selecting a Moderator.

On our Philadelphia Sixers Forum, we have had a vacancy since dbodner who has really made a name for himself as a reporter and Draft Analyst elsewhere retired earlier this year.

At the time, myself and the Sixers Moderators agreed to wait a little bit before adding another Moderator to the forum.

In March, we picked up the search again and The Sixers Moderators told me whatever I decided to do, I should take a look at CoreyGallagher.

They made a really solid argument and while there are also seems to be a few Sixers Users who could also be Moderators, Corey's activeness was exactly what I was looking for and his knowledge is outstanding as well.

He has a wonderful story about how he found out about RealGM and is exactly the type of person I was looking for.

Our Phoenix Suns Forum Moderator Search was much more broader.

There were actually two retirements at once here with Miklo and TASTIC informing me that due to time constraints in their regular jobs, they no longer had time to be Moderators.

At that time, I was a few days away from interviewing bwgood77 for a Moderator position on our San Diego Chargers Forum.

Before I interviewed bwgood77, I considered him to be a Moderator prospect with a high ceiling and given that he was the consensus #1 choice, I also interviewed him for one of The Suns vacancies in the same interview.

Afterwards, myself and The Suns Moderator agreed that we would add bwgood77 as a Suns Moderator and we would set a goal to have the other position filled by June 10.

TASTIC agreed to have his name on the forum so it did not appear there was a vacancy which is usually protocol in these situations so Users do not start jockeying for the position. I in just about all cases have a low key process.

As always, I have my own observations but also get input from the current Moderators on the forum where there is a vacancy.

Due to a hard season last year where The Suns fan base went through the drama surrounding the trade of Goran Dragic and then on that same day saw the out of th blue to acquire Brandon Knight in a three-way deal.

How the Dragic situation was handled and The Knight deal were followed by The Suns falling short again of the playoffs.

This and the negativity surrounding the situation really turned off the fan base and some of our Users.

Since becoming a Moderator about a month ago, Bwgood77 has been making an effort to lure new and old people to post on the forum and we wanted whoever was selected to double down on this.

The process began with 10 Users under consideration and over the next few weeks, it was narrowed down to 4 Finalists.

I really wanted someone who was a longtime User, was active, cared about the forum and was on during the overnight that TASTIC was.

Lilfishi22 checked off all of these boxes and is thrilled to be a Moderator.

Please join me in welcoming CoreyGallagher and lilfishi22 to The RealGM Moderator Team.

It was great to fill these two position with great years and hope to get two good Users just like CoreyGallagher and lilfishi22 for the two Moderator positions that I am planning to add on an NBA forum hopefully before The Draft.

Contact Mass Dispatch

If anyone has a question, feedback, feel a user, thread or Moderator should be recognized or something they would like to see in Mass Dispatch, please post it on The Mass Dispatch Forum or send me a PM. You could even send me a note on Twitter @homassrealgm
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,561

Re: Mass Dispatch 35.0: Let's Livin Things Up, Links, Avatars 

Post#2 » by El Turco » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:08 am

*liven things up
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,561

Post#3 » by El Turco » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:20 am

dont think howard talking about birds and bees
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,520

Post#4 » by RIPskaterdude » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:21 am

El Turco wrote:dont think howard talking about birds and bees

Howard Mass wrote:It's the night where most of us have our hearts pounding with excitement and nervousness.
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,235

Post#5 » by EArl » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:27 am

We missed you during your month hiatus Howie.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
goober
GOTB's Cancun
And1: 5,959

Post#6 » by goober » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:49 am

Congrats fellas
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#7 » by NyCeEvO » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:42 am

Congrats CoreyGallagher and lilfishi22
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,214

Post#8 » by bondom34 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:32 pm

Congrats CoreyGallager, lilfishi, and sportscrazy!
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Smitty731
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24,721

Post#9 » by Smitty731 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:17 pm

Congrats to all!
Wo1verine
2015 Beat the Commish Champion
And1: 11,761

Post#10 » by Wo1verine » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:15 pm

Glad to hear the log out issue is going to be fixed soon!
BrunoSkull
Slim_Charles
Sixth Man
And1: 1,516

Post#11 » by Slim_Charles » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:07 pm

Hey Howard,

Just a suggestion... what if we have a mock draft competition? And someone wins a prize of some sort. And could there be a program where we could create a mock draft on RealGM and post it to the appropriate forum?

Cheers,

J
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,613

Post#12 » by bwgood77 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:26 pm

Jim Lahey wrote:Hey Howard,

Just a suggestion... what if we have a mock draft competition? And someone wins a prize of some sort. And could there be a program where we could create a mock draft on RealGM and post it to the appropriate forum?

Cheers,

J

There is one in the Draft forum. I was thinking about holding a Suns one in the Suns forum, but there is that one for all users who would like to participate.

Return to Mass Dispatch