The Happenings On The RealGM Forums With Administrator Howard Mass
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,656

Mass Dispatch 40.0: Gobert's Fate; "Clean Slate" and GB Policy Changes Coming 

Post#1 » by Howard Mass » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:15 pm

Mass Dispatch 40.0

In this edition of Mass Dispatch................

The Mass Matter reveals the fate of Gobert and if they will become a RealGM Moderator.

We also have some notes from the first week of “Beat The Commish” and the third and final qualification for “Clean Slate” where one User could have all of their warnings wiped clean. And I do warn everyone, the last qualification is going to give quite a few potential applicants some pause.

In Ask Howard, I address if I am planning to have an another NHL version of the “Who Wants To Be A Moderator” Invitational.

We then have the Mass Dispatch User, Thread and Moderator of The Week

To top things off, we go Inside The Administrator's Office where some interesting changes are being discussed for our General NBA Board Policy.

Let's get right to The Mass Matter.............

The Mass Matter: The Fate of Gobert

In the last edition of Mass Dispatch, it was revealed that Gobert won the The Mass Dispatch “Who Wants To Be A Moderator?” Invitational: NFL Edition and an interview to become a Moderator.

Despite the low expectations of The Committee, Gobert came out strong and had a solid interview with me.

However, it was up to a Committee of Moderators, Retired Moderators and some Users to decide if Gobert would become a Moderator.

The interview did win Gobert some fans on The Committee but unfortunately for Gobert, they were deadlocked at exactly 50-50 and Gobert needed 75 percent of the vote to become a Moderator.

While Gobert will not become a Moderator at this time, putting himself out there in this invitational as well as the last two Invitationals (MLB and NHL), definitely has gotten him noticed and some Moderators do believe Gobert is a legit future Moderator Prospect.

I think they very well could be one too and you never know what will happen or when a vacancy will arise.

“Beat The Commish”

The first week of “Beat The Commish” is in the books.

Administrators, Moderators and Users made up the 28 people who participated.

While I did have a great showing with a 12-3 mark against the spread, I did get beat by one User NyCeEvO who had a 13-2 mark.

I also want to acknowledge two Users who tied me at 12-3 Dirk Nowitzki (Not the player, we have a User with this user name) and papfankon. I believe one of them also beat me via the Monday Night points tiebreaker.
Here are the results and standings after Week One.

viewtopic.php?f=452&t=1406217#start_here

viewtopic.php?f=452&t=1406973#start_here

I look forward to seeing if anyone can “Beat The Commish” this coming weekend

Third Qualification for “Clean Slate”

In the next edition of Mass Dispatch, I plan to start the “Clean Slate” Competition where one of you could have all of your warnings and infractions wiped clean.

The first two qualifications have already been revealed and they are pretty simple.

A Valid E-Mail Address on your Real Account
Appropriate Signature, Avatar and Location Line if you have them.

This last one is going to give some interested participants some pause though........

The third and final qualification for “Clean Slate is.......

- All Users will be required to list any Aliases and/or Duplicate Accounts that they have on their Application Post

No User will get in trouble for having an alias (es) or a duplicate account (s). They will just have to submit them in their application for banishment.

“Clean Slate” will officially start in the next Edition of Mass Dispatch and I will have full details on how you can apply for a chance to win a “Clean Slate”.

Ask Howard

If you have a question about anything RealGM, just send me a PM or leave your question in the Ask Howard thread on the Mass Dispatch forum.

viewtopic.php?f=437&t=1330025#start_here

Several Users and Moderators Have Asked:

Are we going to have an NHL version of The “Who Wants To Be A Moderator? Invitational again this year?

Howard's Response

No, we will not have an NHL Version of The Mass Dispatch “Who Wants To Be A Moderator?” Invitational this year.

Last year, The NHL version of the Invitational only received four applications and while some good Users put themselves out there, the interest was not strong at all.

In fact, given how only four Users applied for our NFL invitational, I have decided to make the Mass Dispatch “Who Wants To Be A Moderator?” Invitational a once a year event where Users can apply to become a Moderator on an MLB, NFL or NHL Forum with a possibility that an NBA Forum or two could be in the mix.

That is a cliffhanger until next year though..........

Mass Dispatch User, Thread and Moderator of The Week

It is time for this week's Mass Dispatch Awards. If you would like to nominate a User, Thread or Moderator for an Award, please send me a PM or put your nomination in the appropriate thread on The Mass Dispatch forum.

Mass Dispatch User of The Week

NyCeEvO

This past weekend marked the first week of the second season of “Beat The Commish”.

One User NyCeEvO led the pack with a 13-2 mark against the spread and was the only User to have a better record than me.

NyCeEvO also has had a clean record the last four years and successes like this past week only help them make their mark on the forums.

Let's see if they can lead the pack against this week and “Beat The Commish”.

Congratulations to The Mass Dispatch User of The Week..........

NyCeEvO

Mass Dispatch Thread of The Week

Our San Francisco 49ers Forum's Monday Night Football Thread

It is always nice to see a nice game thread on one of our NFL Forums and the group of 49ers Fans who joined RealGM last year are still going strong here on RealGM.

They produced a 32 page game thread on Monday Night during their victory over the Minnesota Vikings.

viewtopic.php?f=176&t=1406877#start_here

I hope we have more groups of fans join us this season like this one. Either way, I love having these 49ers Fans along with the ones that have been here for years on RealGM.

Congratulations to our San Francisco 49ers Forum!

Mass Dispatch Moderator of The Week

bwgood77

He's already won User of The Week and Moderator of The Week before but the outstanding job bwgood77 did in helping get “Beat The Commish” together last week was outstanding.

Bwgood77 must have posted 100 threads on the forums about “Beat The Commish” while recruiting fellow Moderators Mr. E and Hopping4Wiggins to help run the competition.

I cannot thank him enough and that is why he is once again Moderator of The Week.

Congratulations to our Mass Dispatch Moderator of The Week.........................

Phoenix Suns and San Diego Chargers Moderator bwgood77

Inside The Administrator's Office

Earlier this month, our General NBA Board Policy turned three years old.

The General NBA Board Policy which is probably the most controversial aspect of our forums has also been very effective in getting things under control on our General NBA Board.

However, upgrades and adjustments are made to many products and policies over time and myself and The General NBA Board Moderators have been discussing changes to the policy.

The Moderators proposed some potential changes and after discussing and debating them, I am proposing my own this weekend.

While I will not go into detail about what is being proposed, some changes to the policy that Users might like will be announced before the start of The NBA season.

On a personal note, I'd like to thank everyone for their kind words about my old car. I'm feeling great though now and I absolutely love my new Hyundai Elantra. Her blue color and front lights are so beautiful and that SiriusXM Radio along with all of the other inside make me feel like I have a luxury car. Yes, I still have that new car high..........

Contact Mass Dispatch

If you have a question, feedback, feel a user, thread or Moderator should be recognized or something they would like to see in Mass Dispatch, please post it on The Mass Dispatch Forum or send me a PM. You could even send me a note on Twitter @homassrealgm
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,294

Re: Mass Dispatch 40.0: Gobert's Fate; "Clean Slate" and GB Policy Changes Coming 

Post#2 » by goodboy » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:46 pm

I can't wait. :rock:
Bright
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Re: Mass Dispatch 40.0: Gobert's Fate; "Clean Slate" and GB Policy Changes Coming 

Post#3 » by IggieCC » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:46 pm

To the best of my knowledge, HeatWillRise poster has been accused of having multiple accounts in the past.

Suspicious accounts: maroko, gom, quiznos123, raptorsin4, etc,.

Sincerely yours. :pray:
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
goodboy
RealGM

Post#4 » by goodboy » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:05 pm

I deny all these accusations.
Bright
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 78,762

Post#5 » by QUIZ » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:26 am

IggieCC wrote:To the best of my knowledge, HeatWillRise poster has been accused of having multiple accounts in the past.

HeatWillRise wrote:I deny all these accusations.

So much win. :rofl: :rofl:

That along with Iggie's sig… :lol:
Don’t let us get one. — Nikola Jovic

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Post#6 » by Blkbrd671 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:04 am

Wow bwgood77 !!! save some for others would ya!? haha

good work

whats a application post?

To be clear, pretty much you want posters to declare any other accounts they created on the RealGM site . This does not apply to posters who only have one account?

Also regards to this comment

They will just have to submit them in their application for banishment.

I am assuming this is a typo, as i assume no ones applying for banishment, however the "application" you refer too in the post is a form? i saw you'd elaborate on the next mass dispatch, but wondering if you could throw some hints? :D :D
Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Post#7 » by Blkbrd671 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:05 am

IggieCC wrote:To the best of my knowledge, HeatWillRise poster has been accused of having multiple accounts in the past.

on the detroit board

Jodi
Kiristen19
Clarity,lucidity,fliptso

lol, glad to know we aren't the only board
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,486

Post#8 » by bwgood77 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:29 am

Thanks Howard. Just saw this. I don't need the awards, just trying to get some more fun things going. Some of those Beat the Commish results were crazy given that it was against the spread.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,859

Post#9 » by KingDavid » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:38 pm

Seems like I qualify for clean slate. No alternate profiles, valid email, and clean avi, sig, and location.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,639

Post#10 » by Mamba Mentality » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:30 pm

KingDavid wrote:Seems like I qualify for clean slate. No alternate profiles, valid email, and clean avi, sig, and location.
goodboy
RealGM

Post#11 » by goodboy » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:36 pm

The Regime wrote:
KingDavid wrote:Seems like I qualify for clean slate. No alternate profiles, valid email, and clean avi, sig, and location.
Bright
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,486

Post#12 » by bwgood77 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:41 am

HeatWillRise wrote:
The Regime wrote:

The avatar does it for me.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,540

Post#13 » by HornetJail » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:44 pm

Same here... oh sorry, MKG's murder of Greg Monroe is probably not SFW :uhoh:
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#14 » by NyCeEvO » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:16 pm

I never thought about being User of the Week but I must say it's pretty cool to be mentioned.

Thanks Howard!

Return to Mass Dispatch