The Happenings On The RealGM Forums With Administrator Howard Mass
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,656

MD 44.0: " We Have A Winner"; NFL Picks; Major General NBA Board Changes 

Post#1 » by Howard Mass » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:34 pm

Mass Dispatch 44.0

In this edition of Mass Dispatch...........

The Winner of The Mass Dispatch "Who Wants To Be A Moderator?" Invitational is revealed.

Our head of our NFL Weekly Picks Competition "Beat The Commish" gives an update on the competition and yes, you still have time to sign up.

"Inside The Administrator's Office details some real happenings inside my actual office, General NBA Board changes to the Moderator Team and ones that are coming to the forum.

Let's get right to The Mass Matter.......................

The Mass Matter

"The Winner of The Mass Dispatch "Who Wants To Be A Moderator?" Invitational

The ballots have been counted and members of The RealGM Moderator Team have decided which of the 8 Users who dared to apply will receive an interview with me for a chance to become a Moderator.

65 current and retired Moderators reviewed the 8 applications and profiles of the Users who chose to participate over a week long period.

The field of applicants was by far the best one in Invitational history and it was so competitive that no applicant received more than 29 percent of the Moderator vote.

Each candidate received at least one vote so all 8 applicants should know that at least one current or retired Moderator thought you might be worthy of joining their ranks.

It was very close and the lead changed hands between the two leading candidates throughout the entire week.

In the end, both applicants ended up tied at 19 votes a piece and will receive individual interviews with yours truly to possibly join the RealGM Moderator Team.

The Winners of The Mass Dispatch "Who Wants To Be A Moderator?" Invitational........

bleu and BombsquadSammy

I would like to congratulate both applicants and invite them to send me a PM to request their interview. I do look forward to chatting with both of you.

In order to become a Moderator, each will need to have a good interview to impress the RealGM Moderator Team as it will 75 percent "YES" votes from the RealGM Moderator Team to become a Moderator which could be a daunting task given how neither got more than 29 percent of the vote.

I will be contacting the other 6 applicants to give them a honest assessment about their future Moderator prospects.
Thank you to everyone who had the courage to send in an application.

NFL Picks "Beat The Commish" Update

The following update in the next two paragraphs on our Weekly NFL Picks competition "Beat The Commish" is from competition Commissioner Moderator bwgood77.

"Our NFL Picks Against the Spread Competition "Beat the Commish" has garnered much more interest than in years past and we are at more than double the participants of any other year. This is great to see as I love to see active users getting involved in things we are doing on the forums. Of last year's participants, three went on to become Moderators."

"This year we have moved the competition to ESPN so the spreads will go up on Tuesday at the same time every week, and you can change any pick if you want before kickoff. This makes it much easier and quicker than in years past where you had to make picks in a thread by underlining or putting in bold every winner. And results will be automatically tabulated immediately. We have close to 60 participants so far and we only had about 20 active participants last year, so it's good to see. The NFL season begins soon, so if you want to compete against me and your fellow posters, you can join by following this link."

viewtopic.php?f=139&t=1472442

I look forward to seeing who can "Beat The Commish".

"Inside The Administrator's Office"

It has been a rough couple of days inside my office.

This past weekend, the air conditioning broke and because the parts shop was closed for the weekend, it was bone dry in my office and it made it very difficult to work. The extreme heat gave me acne all over my forehead although cold showers and 7-11 Slurpees helped me keep cold. To make sure everyone as ok, before I got in the shower, I put my cat Cali in there until she ran out just so she would be cool.

It's the main reason why this came out Wednesday instead of Monday.

In addition, I turned 35 on Tuesday and as someone insecure about their age, it was not the best but also not the worst.

Besides The "Who Wants To Be A Moderator Invitational", I have been working on a lot of behind the scenes changes to many forums.

One big change came in working with The General NBA Board Moderators to add some help for this coming season and am happy to formally announce the newest additions to The General NBA Board Moderator Team.

The main goal was to try and get some of the bigger forums representation and to add Moderators who have respect across multiple forums so they can best deal with mass diversity of opinions and allegances on our General NBA Board.

bwgood77- In just over a year, he has done a phenomenal job on our Phoenix Suns Forum and been a presense across quite a few RealGM Forums.

GimmeDat- We wanted to add a Chicago Bulls Moderator and felt he would be the best fit as it is not easy to moderate two big forums.

CoreyGallagher- I usually do a lot of own scouting but both of this guy's appointments were because he really impressed Moderators. After how he impressed our Sixers Moderators a year ago, this one was a no brainer with the respect he has among our Sixers base.

Mr. E- Well liked across the forum and a very good communicator.

Slava- He turned down The General NBA Board a few times but myself and The General NBA Board Moderators were determined. What we decided to do was wait till we got more people on board and then go to him again. We hope by having a Lakers Moderator like Slava aboard that will convince Lakers fans that the General NBA Board is not bias against the fan base.

Myself and The General NBA Board Moderators believe these changes will help make the forum a better place for everyone.
One thing we will be doing is working to make every fan base feel welcome on the forum and I will introducing some new procedures that will help make this possible and decrease the chances of good Users geting strikes and 12 hour suspensions.
I want to give a shout out to Global Moderator and co-Senior General NBA Board Moderator magnumt and Moderator ken6199 for helping to recruit some of the new additions into the hold.

More changes to various forums will be coming before the NBA season starts.

Contact Mass Dispatch

If you have a question, feedback, feel a user, thread or Moderator should be recognized or something they would like to see in Mass Dispatch, please post it on The Mass Dispatch Forum or send me a PM. You could even send me a note on Twitter @homassrealgm
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,484

Re: MD 44.0: " We Have A Winner"; NFL Picks; Major General NBA Board Changes 

Post#2 » by bwgood77 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:00 pm

Congrats to bleu and BombSquadSammy!

Also, I look forward to working with my new and current NBA general board moderators.

One additional note on the NFL Picks competition, please use your RealGM username as the name of your entry, otherwise we have no idea who these participants are and if they win, we don't know who to recognize. These are the following entries that we are unable to identify:

chris1ll 1chill48
oldgridiron 1oldgridiron
CaptainGrayson 1CaptainGrayson
Vesuvios420 1Hey Yo!
MLN21
Ken_nostradamus
MeSayMikey espn45971665
cookies4phil8

If you have one of these entries, please change your entry name to your RealGM username or if you cannot figure a way to do that, PM me and I will delete the entry and you can create a new entry.

Also, we have really gotten the NFL General board much more active as of late, and with the season about to get underway, if you'd like to participate in those threads, especially since we are in the doldrums of the NBA season, please stop by! Here is a link: viewforum.php?f=139

In addition to that our College football forum has picked up with game threads of the biggest games on opening weekend this Saturday so if you'd like to stop by there, here is the link: viewforum.php?f=142
Wo1verine
2015 Beat the Commish Champion
And1: 11,761

Post#3 » by Wo1verine » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:05 pm

Congrats on the new positions, ya'll !

BTW, we currently stand at 59 entries for the "Beat The Commish" competition with obviously still time to register, which takes about 40 seconds!

http://games.espn.com/nfl-pigskin-pickem/2016/en/group?groupID=101036

Password:

Code: Select all

basketball
BrunoSkull
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,204

Post#4 » by tsherkin » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:12 pm

The current GB mod team is, of course, very pleased to have the new additions joining us on the General Discussion board.

Well, most of them. That Slava guy, I dunno.... ;)

Nah, a hearty welcome to bw, GimmeDat, Corey, Mr. E and Slava as they join us over on the GB. Welcome to the team, guys!
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,211

Post#5 » by bondom34 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:24 pm

Congrats to the new suckers!

I mean, GB mods :P!
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,396

Post#6 » by trwi7 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:11 pm

I always pictured Howard in his late 40s at minimum.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,656

Post#7 » by Howard Mass » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:20 pm

trwi7 wrote:I always pictured Howard in his late 40s at minimum.

:upset:

I started out at RealGM a few months out of high school at 19.

The years go fast but I definitely look younger than 35 although I do not post photos of myself.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,448

Post#8 » by Slava » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:38 pm

:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Andre Roberstan
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,623

Post#9 » by Andre Roberstan » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:18 pm

Congrats to all!
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,074

Post#10 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:26 pm

Congrats, y'all.
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#11 » by magnumt » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:27 pm

Howard Mass wrote:The Winners of The Mass Dispatch "Who Wants To Be A Moderator?" Invitational........

bleu and BombsquadSammy

Both are EXCELLENT EXCELLENT choices, congrats! :clap:

--Mags
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
ken6199
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 18,558

Post#12 » by ken6199 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:33 pm

1) I testify the heat in FL as I was there a week ago. It WAS bone dry.
2) Hope your cat is OK, Howard.
3) Belated happy birthday.
4) Welcome 77, Dat, Corey, E, Slava.
5) Good luck in your interviews bleu and BSS!
6) bondom34 stays lame...
RealGM loves you, Melissa.
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#13 » by magnumt » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:40 pm

...Oh, and to my fellow new GB mods (all of whom I :love: dearly):

--Mags :D
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
Sofia
GOTB: Mean Girls
And1: 30,903

Post#14 » by Sofia » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:00 pm

magnumt wrote:...Oh, and to my fellow new GB mods (all of whom I :love: dearly):

--Mags :D

:eyebrows: :eyebrows: :eyebrows:
Founder - Wembanyama GOAT club - waitlist registrations being accepted

President of the Pharmcat Fanclub
President of the GreatWhiteStiff Fanclub
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,448

Post#15 » by KF10 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:11 pm

Welcome bwgood77, GimmeDat, CoreyGallagher, Mr. E, Slava to the GB mod life! We appreciate the extra hands!

And congrats to the "Who Wants To Be A Moderator?" Invitational winners -- bleu and BombsquadSammy!
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,484

Post#16 » by bwgood77 » Thu Sep 1, 2016 4:15 am

KF10 wrote:Welcome bwgood77, GimmeDat, CoreyGallagher, Mr. E, Slava to the GB mod life! We appreciate the extra hands!

And congrats to the "Who Wants To Be A Moderator?" Invitational winners -- bleu and BombsquadSammy!

Thanks KF10!
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#17 » by RedBulls23 » Thu Sep 1, 2016 4:16 am

Congrats all around!
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#18 » by RedBulls23 » Thu Sep 1, 2016 8:32 pm

Happy Belated Birthday Howard!
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
Smitty731
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24,662

Post#19 » by Smitty731 » Thu Sep 1, 2016 8:52 pm

Happy Birthday Boss!

And congrats to everyone on the new roles!
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Post#20 » by bleu » Fri Sep 2, 2016 5:12 am

Thanks to everyone on the congratulations! I'm thankful for the opportunity, and I hope that my interview goes smoothly so I can land a spot as a mod.

Return to Mass Dispatch