Mass Dispatch 47.0: One User Has Won a "Clean Slate", Three Get Read-Only Access Overturned and......

The Happenings On The RealGM Forums With Administrator Howard Mass
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,656

Mass Dispatch 47.0: One User Has Won a "Clean Slate", Three Get Read-Only Access Overturned and...... 

Post#1 » by Howard Mass » Sun Jan 1, 2017 11:46 pm

Mass Dispatch 47.0

In this edition of Mass Dispatch we have nothing but good news to start the New Year.

One RealGM User has won The first annual "Clean Slate" Competition and I just deleted ALL of their warnings and restored their General NBA Board posting access .

Even better news is some of the other 9 applicants could be getting the same opportunity in the coming weeks.

Three separate General NBA Board Read-Only Access Appeals have also been approved including two Users who had previously had their appeals turned down MULTIPLE times.

Some more Users from our Phoenix Suns Forum have received special ranks.

Inside The Commish Office has some news on some major General NBA Board Rule Changes, Less Global Moderators and some Moderator retirements.

Let's get right to The Mass Matter...............

The Mass Matter...............

[b"]The Winner of "Clean Slate"[/b]

10 Users submitted applications for the first-ever Mass Dispatch "Clean Slate" Competition.

Some applications were great, others not so much including one that was more like one of the scam prince E-Mails but 8 of the 10 applicants managed to get at least one vote from a current or retired Moderator.

The RealGM Moderator Team in particular The General NBA Board Moderator Appeals Committee was so impressed by the applications that some of the runners-up in this competition will be receiving consideration for some warnings off of their record, General NBA Board Strikes or Read-Only Access Status lifted and even a "Clean Slate".

I will more on that in the coming days and weeks but the process will begin tomorrow. If any of the applicants have questions, feel free to shoot me a PM.

For now, we do have a Winner and this User ran away with it for pretty much all 4 days of the voting.

All Current and Retired Moderators had the option of participating and had only one vote each.

36 votes were cast.

2 Users got 0 votes

1 User got 1 Vote

2 Users got 2 votes

2 Users got 3 votes

2 Users got 5 votes

and one User blew everyone away almost from the start with 15 votes for 42 percent of the vote.

When it became obvious that this User had a good chance of winning, I looked at their warnings and noticed how all of their strikes were on our General NBA Board.

While the Winner of this competition was supposed to get a chance to send in another application to make a longer argument for a "Clean Slate", I decided to ask The General NBA Board Moderator Appeals Committee if they would like to have a vote on removing all three of this User's General NBA Board strikes and restore their posting access on the forum.

They agreed to have a vote and it was unanimous with a vote to remove ALL THREE of their General NBA Board Strikes.

The Winner of the first-ever Mass Dispatch "Clean Slate" competition is...............

Clyde Frazier

Congratulations to Clyde Frazier on his victory and having all of their warnings removed from their record.

Three General NBA Board Users Successfully Appeal Their Read-Only Access Status

I am very pleased to announce that The General NBA Board Moderator Appeals Committee has approved the appeals of three Users including two that have their appeals rejected by The Committee multiple times.

Lately, The Committee has been approving a lot more appeals so Users should give it another shot.

The following three Users had their Read-Only access Status lifted by a unanimous vote from The General NBA Board Moderator
Appeals Committee.

Congratulations to

BeatDaCavs420

The Regime

Vee-Rex

I encourage more Users to try and appeal their Read-Only Access Status and that is not the last of good news for our Users General NBA Board wise this year. Some rules changes are on the way.

Three Users Receive Special Ranks/Nick Names

Our Phoenix Suns Forum continues with three Users being awarded Special Ranks/Nick Names

cosmofizzo- Suns Forum Front Row Fan

darealjuice- Suns Forum Future All Star

nashrambler13- Suns Forum Returning Poster of the Year

Congratulations to all of these Users.

I see more members of our community and other Forums taking part in this more in 2017.

Inside The Administrator's Office

The holiday has mostly been busy inside of my office outside of Christmas Eve which was also "Howard Sits On His Ass Day" and yes, one User who caused troubled and had a lengthy record got the ax.

These past week, myself and The General NBA Board Moderators have been discussing some rule changes to our General NBA Board.

Among the topics that we are discussing include the locking of threads and adjusting the strike system among other things.

Now that The General NBA Board has more Moderators, the plan is to be looser with things on our General NBA Board and just about all of the reforms will be progressive ones to enhance the User experience.

In addition, I am proud to announce that The General NBA Board will be having their own version of "Clean Slate" no later than NBA All-Star Weekend. Until then, Users can always apply to have their Read-Only Access overturned or Strike Amnesty which runs until January 19.

Another thing I am working on is reshaping The Global Moderator Team. The Global Moderator Team will be smaller as a result of this and changes to this position will be coming in 2017.

Finally, being here at RealGM as long as I have it is difficult to see people you have been around from almost the beginning step down.

This week, I awill be announcing the retirement of a longtime Moderator who was with RealGM since the beginning of the affiliate program. It took me two days to reply back as all I could think of was all of those early days and the nostalgia that comes with them.

I also have to retire a Moderator who was supposed to become a Moderator back in the old days but their age prevented it. They later became a Moderator a few years ago.

It's never easy to retire longtime Moderators but it is part of the job.

Contact Mass Dispatch

If you have a question, feedback, feel a user, thread or Moderator should be recognized or something they would like to see in Mass Dispatch, please post it on The Mass Dispatch Forum or send me a PM. You could even send me a note on Twitter @homassrealgm
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,256

Re: Mass Dispatch 47.0: One User Has Won a "Clean Slate", Three Get Read-Only Access Overturned and...... 

Post#2 » by skywalker33 » Mon Jan 2, 2017 12:54 am

Congrats to these posters, especially Clyde Frasier, are you a lawyer by chance :lol:
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,506

Re: Mass Dispatch 47.0: One User Has Won a "Clean Slate", Three Get Read-Only Access Overturned and...... 

Post#3 » by RIPskaterdude » Mon Jan 2, 2017 1:14 am

I am collecting funds to lead a recount, please donate
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#4 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Mon Jan 2, 2017 1:57 am

Congrats, Clyde and the others who will be returning to the GB! Very well deserved. Looking forward to helping more of you guys get second chances!
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,641

Post#6 » by Mamba Mentality » Mon Jan 2, 2017 3:24 am

Woooo been a long time coming. Huge shoutout to the committee and Howie. :kiss
robbie84
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,384

Post#7 » by robbie84 » Mon Jan 2, 2017 4:28 am

can anyone tell me why I can't post new threads on general board? I received a 24 hour ban about 3 months ago but can't imagine it was for that...any mods help? Posted in the RealGM forum issues part of the forum but no response after 2 days.

Thankyou
One day Marcus Smart will be defensive player of the year, mark my words.
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,294

Post#8 » by goodboy » Mon Jan 2, 2017 4:39 am

robbie84 wrote:can anyone tell me why I can't post new threads on general board? I received a 24 hour ban about 3 months ago but can't imagine it was for that...any mods help? Posted in the RealGM forum issues part of the forum but no response after 2 days.

Thankyou

same
Bright
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,211

Post#9 » by bondom34 » Mon Jan 2, 2017 8:05 am

Congrats guys! A bunch of really great entries for this, and a lot of strong candidates.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,486

Post#10 » by bwgood77 » Mon Jan 2, 2017 8:44 am

There were many that are deserving, and as Howard mentioned, we want to make the General Board more relaxed. The more contributors we have the better as long as you are respectful.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,448

Post#11 » by Slava » Mon Jan 2, 2017 9:41 am

goodboy wrote:
robbie84 wrote:can anyone tell me why I can't post new threads on general board? I received a 24 hour ban about 3 months ago but can't imagine it was for that...any mods help? Posted in the RealGM forum issues part of the forum but no response after 2 days.

Thankyou

same

You both have read only access on the general board for receiving two strikes.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
RIPskaterdude
RealGM

Post#12 » by RIPskaterdude » Mon Jan 2, 2017 10:42 am

Can I get clean slate for Lakers board? I'm sure they miss me, it's time come together
WhatsaTDot
RealGM
And1: 6,330

Post#13 » by WhatsaTDot » Mon Jan 2, 2017 11:02 am

Do strikes expire after awhile? Like drivers licenses points?

This place is insufferable.
Winglish
Analyst
And1: 1,302

Post#14 » by Winglish » Mon Jan 2, 2017 2:12 pm

WhatsaTDot wrote:Do strikes expire after awhile? Like drivers licenses points?

That is actually a really good idea, IMO.
PizzaSteve
Veteran
And1: 1,837

Post#15 » by PizzaSteve » Mon Jan 2, 2017 4:58 pm

Congrats to the winner and runners-up.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,486

Post#16 » by bwgood77 » Mon Jan 2, 2017 11:49 pm

On another note, Dan2087, with 142 correct picks barely hangs on to win the NFL picks competition, Beat the Commish, barely holding off a monster week by defending champion Wo1verine, who made an amazing 14 correct picks in the final week to finish with 141 for the season.

hermes finished in 3rd with 139 and ATL Boy in 4th with 138.
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,145

Post#17 » by GopherIt! » Tue Jan 3, 2017 5:58 pm

To Howard and the voters,

I had asked for my PM to not be submitted to the voters but apparently I did not communicate that clearly enough.

When the boss asks something like 'is this a serious application?' you know its time to hit the delete/reset button.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,992

Post#18 » by DayofMourning » Tue Jan 3, 2017 9:27 pm

GopherIt! wrote:To Howard and the voters,

I had asked for my PM to not be submitted to the voters but apparently I did not communicate that clearly enough.

When the boss asks something like 'is this a serious application?' you know its time to hit the delete/reset button.

It certainly was entertaining. Good enough to earn you a spot in my top ten.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,403

Post#19 » by Danny Darko » Tue Jan 3, 2017 11:41 pm

RIPskaterdude wrote:Can I get clean slate for Lakers board? I'm sure they miss me, it's time come together

you would insightful and engaging posts on the Laker board such as....?
RIPskaterdude
RealGM

Post#20 » by RIPskaterdude » Wed Jan 4, 2017 5:28 am

Danny Darko wrote:
RIPskaterdude wrote:Can I get clean slate for Lakers board? I'm sure they miss me, it's time come together

you would insightful and engaging posts on the Laker board such as....?

Make the Lakers great again?

Return to Mass Dispatch