Retired Mod
And1: 4,197

Re: Real Salt Lake Discussion Thread 

Post#41 » by LittleOzzy » Sat Mar 7, 2015 6:37 pm

PORTLAND TIMBERS vs REAL SALT LAKE
PROVIDENCE PARK, Portland, Ore.
March 7, 2015 (WEEK 1, MLS Game #6)
7:30 p.m. PT (ROOT-NW; KMYU-12)

RSL/Portland, big game to start the season!

Who's ready for opening weekend in Salt Lake? Game 1 should be awesome.
BigBall
Ballboy
And1: 10

Post#42 » by BigBall » Sun Mar 8, 2015 4:40 am

Emery Welshman @Esawelsh · Feb 23
Special thanks to @RealSaltLake for bringing me in and giving me a shot & especially @SigmaFC @League1Ontario 4 helpn me find my feet again
BigBall
Ballboy
And1: 10

Post#43 » by BigBall » Sun Mar 8, 2015 4:41 am

TFC's loss is Salt Lakes gain !!

Great pick up !
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#44 » by LittleOzzy » Sun Mar 8, 2015 5:04 am

BigBall wrote:Emery Welshman @Esawelsh · Feb 23
Special thanks to @RealSaltLake for bringing me in and giving me a shot & especially @SigmaFC @League1Ontario 4 helpn me find my feet again

He never really showed much with TFC, but maybe playing time last year in League One Ontario helped him.
edfmx86
Club Captain- MLS Soccer
And1: 199

Post#45 » by edfmx86 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:28 am

Ok, I've had a couple days to think over the game.

Overall, we were awful. Could not pass to save our live, especially in Portland's half. The new 4-3-3 RSL is running will definitely be something that can get better over time, but right now, it's a mess. Luis Gil and Javier Morales were just CAMs built for the top of diamond, having them both out there seemed a little off. We are very lucky that Rimando is Rimando. Schuler and Olave duo is going to be amazing this year. Mansally had a few mistakes that could have led to Timber goals. I want to see us give Phillips a shot in left back sooner rather than later.

Our offensive highlight of the match was a terrific pass by Morales through Portland's defense right to Olmes Garcia's feet. Olmes blew his chance at a potential game winner...Plata would have buried it :(

Home opener this Saturday, READY.
JazzMatt13
Analyst
And1: 293

Post#46 » by JazzMatt13 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:30 pm

LittleOzzy wrote:REAL SALT LAKE SEASON PREVIEW

2014 FINISH: Third in Western Conference (15-8-11), eliminated in conference semifinals

NOTABLE ADDITIONS: D Jamison Olave, D Demar Phillips, M Pecka

NOTABLE LOSSES: D Carlos Salcedo, M Ned Grabavoy, D Chris Wingert, D Nat Borchers, F Robbie Findley, M Sebastian Velasquez, D Kwame Watson-Siriboe

TOP NEWCOMER: Demar Phillips. Olave is on the list too, but he hardly counts as a newcomer after making nearly 100 appearances for RSL earlier in his career. Phillips comes in to replace the left back slot vacated when Wingert joined former manager Jason Kreis. The Jamaican international loves to get forward with his speed but also can help the club at the back. He couldn't catch on with Stoke City, where he made single-digit appearances in his two years with the Premier League outfit, but has excelled recently in Norway.

"With Demar, we got somebody that has an unbelievable engine, can get up and down the line tirelessly and serves in a fantastic ball, and again is not scared to get into a challenge," Cassar said.

http://www.goal.com/en-ca/news/4175/maj ... ID=TP_HN_1

Follow the link for the full article.

This team is looking good this season. I mean our forwards and mid-fielders are off the hook. Morales, Beckerman and Gil in the center, that is best group I could ask for.

I don't remember much of Jaime last season, but Garcia and Saborio are good enough for us. Our defensive line was butchered this off season, but our defense was our weakness, so I am glad we revamped it, Borchers was kind of an idiot. I swear every game I have been to, we lost cause of defense, thank god for Rimando.

Beltran is obviously a superior defense men who could work the side. We got Olave back who was a defender when we won the MLS Cup. Phillips I have no idea about. Schuler worked his way up, and I am glad he will continue as starting defender. Then of course we have Rimando, the best goal keeper in the game.

I like how our two seasoned defenders are on the outer, and the two less experienced/not as good guys put in the middle. Beltran and Phillips can cover their entire sides. Leaving Olave and Schuler to clog the middle, with Beckerman there to cut back. The right side is where the power is, with Beltran covering that side, Gil can stay pushed forward and so could Morales if he wanted to. The best combo on there is Sabo and Beckerman, you can't let those two work it, so not only do they got Gil and Garcia to work off on the right side, but they can draw the defenders giving Garcia open spots. Seriously if we're on attack, Morales and Jaime are gonna probably be seen as the weak side, so with so much power on rest of field, they could probably get the ball into good spots for Sabo.

I just feel really good about it, it is like our core of Rimando, Beckerman and Saborio is a sword going right through middle of field, and just so much talent surrounding them to increase our awesomeness.
JazzMatt13
Analyst
And1: 293

Post#47 » by JazzMatt13 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:34 pm

The only player I am going to miss is Findley and Grabavoy, but it isn't so bad cause we got rid of Wingert and Borchers. Although this team is better off with out them. I think this years line up is much better.

I feel real good about Phillips and Olave on this team.
edfmx86
Club Captain- MLS Soccer

Post#48 » by edfmx86 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:07 am

Grabavoy has to be my all time favorite RSL man. The seasons he's had the last two years were incredible. Im going to miss him the most. Keeping Borchers around would have been awesome, but i feel comfortable with Olave/Schuler. I dont see his departure as a loss or gain.
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#49 » by LittleOzzy » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:09 pm

REAL SALT LAKE vs PHILADELPHIA UNION
RIO TINTO STADIUM, Sandy, Utah
March 14, 2015 (WEEK 2, MLS Game #13)
7:30 p.m. MT (KMYU-12; TCN-Phi)

Game day for RSL, looking for their first win of the season.
edfmx86
Club Captain- MLS Soccer

Post#50 » by edfmx86 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:26 am

How embarrassing. The ref gave us the privilege of coming out of the game with one point. Ill have to give a day or so to become sober an maybe re-watch the game but from the looks of a spectator tonight, we looked bad and should feel bad.
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#51 » by LittleOzzy » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:04 pm

It was a wild game, and it was clearly not a penalty to me.
Reckless
Analyst
And1: 564

Post#52 » by Reckless » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:03 am

we have 2 draws, 2 lucky draws quite frankly.

this week we'll be w/o rimando, sabo, and gil because of international call ups, luckily toronto has some call ups of their own

but man we need to play better.
edfmx86
Club Captain- MLS Soccer

Post#53 » by edfmx86 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:45 pm

The lineup i see RSL using this week. We might be a little thin, but in dont think we're going to give up the 4-3-3 because of the International call ups.

-------Olmes - Sandoval - Jaime------

Morales - Beckerman - Mulholland

Phillips - Schuler - Olave - Beltran

------------------Attinella------------------

Also, congrats to Beckerman. Finally becoming a DP for RSL. Much deserved.
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#54 » by LittleOzzy » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:09 pm

Tough game for both teams with so many missing players.
Reckless
Analyst

Post#55 » by Reckless » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:34 am

Really needed the win great opportunity with TFC missing players, luckily Olmes Garcia blowing a 2 on 1 goal scoring opportunity didn't cost us as we got one from Allen late.
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#56 » by LittleOzzy » Sun Apr 5, 2015 12:52 pm

Reckless wrote:Really needed the win great opportunity with TFC missing players, luckily Olmes Garcia blowing a 2 on 1 goal scoring opportunity didn't cost us as we got one from Allen late.

SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES vs REAL SALT LAKE
AVAYA STADIUM, San Jose, Calif.
April 5, 2015 (WEEK 5, MLS Game #44)
2 p.m. PT (ESPN2; ESPN Deportes)

Another must win for RSL if they want to stay above the playoff line. How do you think they'll do?
edfmx86
Club Captain- MLS Soccer

Post#57 » by edfmx86 » Sun Apr 5, 2015 5:15 pm

No Jaime tonight which means we'll be short a forward to run a proper 4-3-3. Id like to see the Diamond today featuring Gil and Mulholland.
edfmx86
Club Captain- MLS Soccer

Post#58 » by edfmx86 » Sun Apr 5, 2015 8:26 pm

Jordan Allen hype train n full effect. First career start today
Reckless
Analyst

Post#59 » by Reckless » Tue Apr 7, 2015 11:56 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtaTOINc5K8[/youtube]
edfmx86
Club Captain- MLS Soccer

Post#60 » by edfmx86 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:32 pm

Too hard not to get excited about playing Sporting KC. It feels like a real, mutual rivalry. This being our first game as Western conference foes adds more to the game as well. I hope we can get a result.

Win or Lose tho, once again RSL is the last unbeaten team in the season!

Return to Major League Soccer