Orlando City SC Discussion Thread

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

J-Mezzy
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Orlando City SC Discussion Thread 

Post#1 » by J-Mezzy » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:18 pm

Thoughts, news, and comments.

I haven't been big on the MLS, but I am pretty excited about this! From what I hear, we got decent players and Kaka.

Also, the stands will be full of Brazilian and Colombian women. Need I say more?
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,197

Re: Official Orlando City SC Thread 

Post#2 » by LittleOzzy » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:01 pm

Thanks for creating, I'll add it to the directory.

Also hope this will attract some of the guys over from the Magic forum.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/OrlandoCitySC/status/558643943106416640[/tweet]
J-Mezzy
RealGM

Post#3 » by J-Mezzy » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:28 pm

LittleOzzy wrote:Thanks for creating, I'll add it to the directory.

Also hope this will attract some of the guys over from the Magic forum.

The excitement has died down a little there, but I'm certain they will start posting once the season starts.

The new stadium looks like it will be a beauty. Just gotta make it through the first season at the current stadium.

I was hoping to make a move for Robinho and/or Ronaldinho, but those rumors have died down
J-Mezzy
RealGM

Post#4 » by J-Mezzy » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:46 am

I wonder what networks will show our games. Fox sports Florida?
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by LittleOzzy » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:30 am

J-Mezzy wrote:I wonder what networks will show our games. Fox sports Florida?

Looks like it will be Fox 35.

Orlando City Soccer Club and WOFL-TV FOX 35 /WRBW MY65 today announced a multi-year partnership whereby FOX 35 and its family of networks will serve as the exclusive English-language local broadcast home for the Lions.

The agreement provides FOX 35 / WRBW MY65 with telecast rights to all Orlando City regular season and playoff matches not aired by MLS’ national television partners.

“This is a landmark day for Orlando City fans,” said President and Founder Phil Rawlins. “We look forward to working closely with our partners at FOX 35 to create, not only a first class broadcast for our fans, but additional in-market promotions and opportunities to bring them closer to their Club and the players on the field.”

http://www.orlandocitysc.com/post/2014/ ... st-partner
orlando1214
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,296

Re: Official Orlando City FC Thread 

Post#6 » by orlando1214 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:03 am

I'm very excited about the team and the start of the season. Up until now I've been a pretty casual soccer fan. I'd watch the occasional MLS game and of course watch most of the world cup, but for the most part that was it. I think what I needed was my own team to really root for. I mean that's when I got most into soccer, when I had team USA to root for. But now we have our own local MLS team and it's awesome!

I also have to say I love the front office of Orlando City. Makes me wish we the Magic had a group as ambitious as they are. Don't get me wrong, I like Hennigan, but I am just so frustrated with the lack of progress and horrible coaching. The Orlando City guys though, they aren't just satisfied with finally being in the league, they want to actually be a very good team, and from what it seems they've put together a pretty solid squad.
J-Mezzy
RealGM

Post#7 » by J-Mezzy » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:04 pm

Completely agree about management. Most starting franchises are okay taking their time developing, but these guys look ready to compete right away. It's hard for me to judge the quality of our roster since I don't the quality standards of the MLS, but all reports tell me that we have made some wonderful additions. Really excited and hope they can bring a professional sports championship to Orlando.
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by LittleOzzy » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:59 pm

orlando1214 wrote:I'm very excited about the team and the start of the season. Up until now I've been a pretty casual soccer fan. I'd watch the occasional MLS game and of course watch most of the world cup, but for the most part that was it. I think what I needed was my own team to really root for. I mean that's when I got most into soccer, when I had team USA to root for. But now we have our own local MLS team and it's awesome!

I also have to say I love the front office of Orlando City. Makes me wish we the Magic had a group as ambitious as they are. Don't get me wrong, I like Hennigan, but I am just so frustrated with the lack of progress and horrible coaching. The Orlando City guys though, they aren't just satisfied with finally being in the league, they want to actually be a very good team, and from what it seems they've put together a pretty solid squad.

As long as you guys are better than NYCFC this season it should be deemed a success.

You'll be ready to compete from day one, but I wouldn't let your expectations get too high. A western road trip for example could result in a lot of loses.
MrShow
Pro Prospect
And1: 419

Post#9 » by MrShow » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:13 pm

Just hope we don't start our first MLS season with a lockout. It's not looking good though.
J-Mezzy
RealGM

Post#10 » by J-Mezzy » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:42 pm

What's going on? Is there a union and owners issue?
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by LittleOzzy » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:17 pm

J-Mezzy wrote:What's going on? Is there a union and owners issue?

The players union and the league are working on a new agreement for next season.

If an agreement is not reached the players may strike. They want more money of course and more control during free agency.
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by LittleOzzy » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:54 pm

Orlando City open first-ever MLS preseason with playoffs as the goal

Orlando City SC may be an expansion team, but that isn’t stopping anyone in the organization from feeling confident about their chances in Major League Soccer this year.

Friday marked the first training session of the preseason for the team since joining MLS. The session was short, but the players joined coach Adrian Heath and club president Phil Rawlins afterward to speak to media members about the upcoming season, and the mood was buoyant.

“You’ll find it very difficult to take a picture of me without a smile on my face,” said Rawlins. “This is the day that we’ve waited for for seven years.”

Rawlins and Heath originally set out together with the goal to find their way to MLS in 2008, when they founded Austin Aztex FC in Texas. They moved the club to Orlando in 2011, winning two USL PRO championships before making the jump to MLS.

“We’re here to make a mark on Major League Soccer,” Rawlins said. “I fully expect that we will hit 14,000 [season ticket sales], and we’ll have a sold-out season for 2015. The playoffs are certainly an attainable goal.”

For his part, the always jovial Heath had a few laughs with the press, though it was clear that the weight of the moment was not lost on him.

“This is what it’s all about,” he said. “I’ve always firmly believed in what we’re trying to achieve. It’s one of those things where you think it’s not going to happen and then to see everyone in the locker room this morning. It’s good.”

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2 ... -weve-wait
MrShow
Pro Prospect

Post#13 » by MrShow » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:58 pm

J-Mezzy wrote:What's going on? Is there a union and owners issue?

The Sentinel linked to a story in the Washington Post,

"the league and players’ union remain “far apart” on key issues, increasing the possibility of a work stoppage in March."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/soc ... far-apart/
MrShow
Pro Prospect

Post#14 » by MrShow » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:09 pm

LittleOzzy wrote:Orlando City open first-ever MLS preseason with playoffs as the goal

Orlando City SC may be an expansion team, but that isn’t stopping anyone in the organization from feeling confident about their chances in Major League Soccer this year.

Friday marked the first training session of the preseason for the team since joining MLS. The session was short, but the players joined coach Adrian Heath and club president Phil Rawlins afterward to speak to media members about the upcoming season, and the mood was buoyant.

“You’ll find it very difficult to take a picture of me without a smile on my face,” said Rawlins. “This is the day that we’ve waited for for seven years.”

Rawlins and Heath originally set out together with the goal to find their way to MLS in 2008, when they founded Austin Aztex FC in Texas. They moved the club to Orlando in 2011, winning two USL PRO championships before making the jump to MLS.

“We’re here to make a mark on Major League Soccer,” Rawlins said. “I fully expect that we will hit 14,000 [season ticket sales], and we’ll have a sold-out season for 2015. The playoffs are certainly an attainable goal.”

For his part, the always jovial Heath had a few laughs with the press, though it was clear that the weight of the moment was not lost on him.

“This is what it’s all about,” he said. “I’ve always firmly believed in what we’re trying to achieve. It’s one of those things where you think it’s not going to happen and then to see everyone in the locker room this morning. It’s good.”

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2 ... -weve-wait

The OC organization has been pretty awesome. Maybe we can get them to run the Magic too. :lol:
J-Mezzy
RealGM

Post#15 » by J-Mezzy » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:28 pm

How do I get a gig with them? Lol
in-limbo
Sixth Man
And1: 362

Post#16 » by in-limbo » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:42 pm

I am afraid our first season will be shortened by a work stoppage. There is no way everyone will behave with all that new money layin around. If Kaka's entrance to MLS is delayed it would really be a shame.

OCSC is top notch, there is no doubt about that. I bought 2 season tickets (one more than I can personally use) just because I believed in the guys running the team. I appreciate that they chose Orlando to make there bid for Major League Soccer. I know we have a great community for soccer and the Lions will be as big as the Magic are, maybe bigger. MagicCity.
J-Mezzy
RealGM

Post#17 » by J-Mezzy » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:52 pm

in-limbo wrote:I am afraid our first season will be shortened by a work stoppage. There is no way everyone will behave with all that new money layin around. If Kaka's entrance to MLS is delayed it would really be a shame.

OCSC is top notch, there is no doubt about that. I bought 2 season tickets (one more than I can personally use) just because I believed in the guys running the team. I appreciate that they chose Orlando to make there bid for Major League Soccer. I know we have a great community for soccer and the Lions will be as big as the Magic are, maybe bigger. MagicCity.

I really hope there is no delay. I was planning to go to the game on March 8th. Just saw some highlights of Carlos Rivas at Deportivo Cali, good player. I think we will have a fun team to watch.
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by LittleOzzy » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:16 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/TotalMLS/status/559759336755322880[/tweet]
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,602

Post#19 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:22 pm

I really wonder how many people they can get to go to the games. At first, it will be a lot, but after a while, I just wonder how many regular attendee's they will generate. Also, I am curious about ticket pricing. Soccer shouldn't be at the same level of NBA level pricing one would think. More like solar bears or something level pricing.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by LittleOzzy » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:05 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:I really wonder how many people they can get to go to the games. At first, it will be a lot, but after a while, I just wonder how many regular attendee's they will generate. Also, I am curious about ticket pricing. Soccer shouldn't be at the same level of NBA level pricing one would think. More like solar bears or something level pricing.

Orlando City has already sold 10,000 season tickets for this season, and I believe they are hoping for close to 14,000 by game one.

They are also expecting close to 60,000 in attendance for the first game. That may be a stretch, but it could happen.

As for prices season tickets range from just 400 bucks, up to 1,800. The most expensive seats are 92 bucks a game.

Return to Major League Soccer