And1: 16,462

Coach of the Year odds 

Post#1 » by CIN-C-STAR » Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:20 am

Was just poking around today and some of the odds for CoY stood out to me:
Ime Udoka +1600
Chris Finch +1600
Spo +1600
Nick Nurse +1400

I know it's voted on by media like the other awards, so narrative is a part of the equation.
Still early but the Rockets turnaround is the feel good story of the season so far and when you watch them Udoka's fingerprints are all over what they're doing (slowest pace in the league and my eye test says run more plays than most teams by far, and the buy-in on defense has been terrific).
Finch could have Minny in position to get homecourt in the first round, and this was a team in the play in last season that was being lambasted by everyone for the Gobert trade.
Everyone knows Spo is the best coach, so I figured if they get like the 5th seed after losing guys in free agency and missing out on Lillard he may get some looks.
Nurse took over a team that lost its 2nd best player in Harden but has them looking even better, so seemed like a compelling case as well.

Joe Mazzulla has the lowest odds at +500 but he's coaching the most loaded team in the league and is coming off an awful playoffs coaching wise, so hard for me to see the case for him until he shows something more in the playoffs.
Malone was like +900 and I think he's a damn good coach, but he has the best player in the world on his team so he's expected to win a ton of games. Again, I don't really see the narrative case for him unless they win like 60+ games, which isn't something I think they're inclined to do.

Thoughts?
Any other strong candidates I missed?
"I'd rather have Kevin Love spacing out to the three point line than anything (Karl) Malone brings"
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to Gambling