NCAAW Thread

Moderators: cupcakesnake, G R E Y, Doctor MJ

tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 7,046

Re: NCAAW Thread 

Post#121 » by tmorgan » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:57 pm

That’s a crazy weird handle. Super fast with the ball, easily able to change direction and speed, but it’s also way too far out in front of her and a little high, too. Almost like she’s baiting people to take a swipe at it.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,342

Post#122 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:34 pm

TerrenceClarke wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
TerrenceClarke wrote:Here is a name to watch for next year. Handle is filthy. She was snubbed from Mc Donald’s imo.been following her for 2 years She committed to Rutgers. Rutgers landed some good recruits on the men and the woman’s side this upcoming year.

Kiyomi McMiller

Mr Dollar Bills.

Both Zoe and Kiyomi from Jersey as well.

Word up!!!!?

Welp, you already know. Zoe and Kiyomi have a fan in me, no questions asked

Remember I said she got snubbed from the McDonalds game?

She showed out in the Jordan Brand Classic this weekend. she gonna make Rutgers get some attention. Get ya popcorn ready

I'm here for it :nod:
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#123 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:37 pm

tmorgan wrote:That’s a crazy weird handle. Super fast with the ball, easily able to change direction and speed, but it’s also way too far out in front of her and a little high, too. Almost like she’s baiting people to take a swipe at it.

That's probably how she gets defenders to lean in. Her hands are ridiculously fast.

LewisnotMiller
Analyst
And1: 3,238

Post#124 » by LewisnotMiller » Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:41 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
G R E Y wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Great news: 18mil people turned in to watch South Carolina vs Iowa. Highest watched non NFL/Olympic sporting event since 2019!

The women's game continues to grow.

Read on Twitter

Here's food for thought:

The men played at 9:30 EST on a Monday night

The women played at 3pm EST on a Sunday afternoon

You can make an argument that the women's number was actually suppressed because they chose to air the game outside of prime time. They hit 24mil at one point. I don't believe for a second that this number is the best that the game could've done.

I was slow to reply to this, but with the time differences factored in here, it was a major exercise to get up for the women's game, and easier to watch the men. I got up and watched the women, didn't watch the men at all. Same me who remembers vividly waking my whole house with shocked cries when Christian Laetnner hit his turnaround jumper, and who's dream for his 40th was to come to the Final Four.

Ten years has changed a lot!
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#125 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:51 pm

LewisnotMiller wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
G R E Y wrote:
Read on Twitter

Here's food for thought:

The men played at 9:30 EST on a Monday night

The women played at 3pm EST on a Sunday afternoon

You can make an argument that the women's number was actually suppressed because they chose to air the game outside of prime time. They hit 24mil at one point. I don't believe for a second that this number is the best that the game could've done.

I was slow to reply to this, but with the time differences factored in here, it was a major exercise to get up for the women's game, and easier to watch the men. I got up and watched the women, didn't watch the men at all. Same me who remembers vividly waking my whole house with shocked cries when Christian Laetnner hit his turnaround jumper, and who's dream for his 40th was to come to the Final Four.

Ten years has changed a lot!

I didn't watch the men at all either. There's no star power there, whereas the women have must watch players.

zike_42
Sixth Man
And1: 502

Post#126 » by zike_42 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:48 am

With all the focus on this year's draft, next season's draft class will be crazy scrutinised. I love all the eyes on college and WNBA, and it looks like next year's crop is going to be a strong one.

Top five to look out for:
- Paige Bueckers (UCONN) - obviously THE prospect people will watch.
- Aneesah Morrow (LSU) - now Reese is gone, watch Morrow's production grow.
- Kiki Iriafen (Stanford?) - would have been Stanford's go-to now Brink's gone but Kiki has hit the transfer market, so who knows where she'll end up.
- Olivia Miles (ND) - missed last season but the year before average 14ppg, 7rpg, 7apg, 2spg so can fill up the stat sheet.
- Azzi Fudd (UCONN) - the one I'll be watching the most. Has only played 40 games in three years due to injury. If she's healthy, look out.

Question mark:
- Hailey Van Lith (TCU) - Was great with Louisville and then fell off with LSU, HVL has jumped ship to TCU in the transfer portal. Is she good? Is she too short for the W?

Homer pick:
- Georgia Amoore (UK) - a fellow Australian, I would love to see Georgia take off with the Wildcats to bolster the Australian National Team.

I know it's waaaaaaaaaaaay to early to be talking about this, but it'll be good to have a reference for when next season rolls around so people can look out for some names.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#127 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:05 pm

zike_42 wrote:With all the focus on this year's draft, next season's draft class will be crazy scrutinised. I love all the eyes on college and WNBA, and it looks like next year's crop is going to be a strong one.

Top five to look out for:
- Paige Bueckers (UCONN) - obviously THE prospect people will watch.
- Aneesah Morrow (LSU) - now Reese is gone, watch Morrow's production grow.
- Kiki Iriafen (Stanford?) - would have been Stanford's go-to now Brink's gone but Kiki has hit the transfer market, so who knows where she'll end up.
- Olivia Miles (ND) - missed last season but the year before average 14ppg, 7rpg, 7apg, 2spg so can fill up the stat sheet.
- Azzi Fudd (UCONN) - the one I'll be watching the most. Has only played 40 games in three years due to injury. If she's healthy, look out.

Question mark:
- Hailey Van Lith (TCU) - Was great with Louisville and then fell off with LSU, HVL has jumped ship to TCU in the transfer portal. Is she good? Is she too short for the W?

Homer pick:
- Georgia Amoore (UK) - a fellow Australian, I would love to see Georgia take off with the Wildcats to bolster the Australian National Team.

I know it's waaaaaaaaaaaay to early to be talking about this, but it'll be good to have a reference for when next season rolls around so people can look out for some names.

Van Lith was just not a good fit an LSU and frankly got left hung out to dry by Mulkey. Is she good? Absolutely. Can she make it to the next level? I am not sure.

Return to WNBA