Sabrina Ionescu catches fire in 3-point shootout

Moderators: cupcakesnake, G R E Y, Doctor MJ

whitehops
General Manager
And1: 6,518

Re: Sabrina Ionescu catches fire in 3-point shootout 

Post#61 » by whitehops » Sat Jul 15, 2023 5:52 pm

that was amazing to watch. it's purely aesthetic but i'm not a huge fan of when people lean noticeably forward when they shoot but man otherwise her form is beautiful. little balanced hop to get her legs into it, perfect energy transfer and extends her shooting elbow/arm out a bit to make sure she's aiming straight at the rim. smooth flick of the wrist tops it all off.
Harry Garris
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,663

Post#62 » by Harry Garris » Sat Jul 15, 2023 6:23 pm

Big J wrote:Cool story, but the ball is smaller and the 3 point line is closer.

Their 3 point line is about the same distance as it is in men’s college basketball, and yet a male college player has never shot like this before in a 3 point contest.
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,579

Post#63 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:54 pm

Plenty of people quick to point out differences in ball size or distance. None of them happen to note that she didn't just beat the record; she absolutely destroyed it.

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
deepeeenn
Senior
And1: 522

Post#64 » by deepeeenn » Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:43 am

Slacktard wrote:
deepeeenn wrote:
Big J wrote:Cool story, but the ball is smaller and the 3 point line is closer.

hyper316 wrote:She's an amazing shooter ofc, but should point out WNBA ball is slightly smaller if I recall

Jesus… not everything is a comparison. This is impressive because the level of form consistency and rhythm she got into. She legit caught fire and some of you are comparing this to the NBA? Y’all should just sit back and appreciate it for what is; an incredible display of shooting. My god

I mean it's the WNBA who compared first. They tweeted out that she set the official WNBA *AND* NBA three-point contest record.

It's a massively impressive consistency of shooting in a 3-point contest. It just often feels like the league is always striving for more validation by comparing itself, and the player achievements to the NBA.

You're different leagues with different rules. Let your product stand for itself and trumpet and appreciate the accomplishments for what they are.

The point is literally about the level of shooting consistency that’s never been done before in either league. Do shoot with that level of accuracy but also hit that many shots in a row is the point. None of the best shooters in the NBA have hit anywhere close. So while it doesn’t feel valid to you and some others. That level of accuracy is impressive. The “smaller ball and shorter 3pt line” does not eliminate other variables and it hardly reduces it that significantly. That level of shooting accuracy was ridiculous.
Being a Blazer fan isn't exactly healthy.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,464

Post#65 » by DOT » Wed Jul 19, 2023 2:06 pm

Some dudes are really insecure about themselves lol.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,674

Post#66 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:22 pm

Her form is identical on pretty much every release, and her set point is similar to Trae's. Incredible shooting display.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,498

Post#67 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:51 pm

DOT wrote:Some dudes are really insecure about themselves lol.

It's sad how women just existing and thriving in spaces usually taken up by males intimidate these grown ass men boys.

Waaaah the ball is .5 inches in circumference smaller, waaaaaah waaaah. Man shut the f*ck up. I guarantee every dude in this thread talking down on Sabrina couldn't even clear one rack shooting from the same distance and with the "smaller" ball.

Meanwhile Steph Curry, an actual accomplished athlete and not some washed up slobs talking sh*t about women on RealGm, had this to say:

“I gotta go after Sabrina’s record, I got something to shoot for now that she went crazy with the 37 points in their All-Star weekend,” Curry said, answering a question about whether he would rather win a golf tournament or 3-point contest. “We gotta settle that one, for sure, who’s the better 3-point competition shooter.”

^^^dude is thinking about challenging her as a fellow competitor, meanwhile we've got guys on here crying about it. I guess some dudes weren't loved by their mothers enough.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe

Return to WNBA