How is CC's rookie year going to go?

Moderators: cupcakesnake, G R E Y, Doctor MJ

IlikeSHAIguys
Ballboy
And1: 13

Re: How is CC's rookie year going to go? 

Post#21 » by IlikeSHAIguys » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:02 pm

cupcakesnake wrote:I find her super hard to project because guards don't tend to dominate right away in the W, but Caitlin Clark is a unique prospect.

You have to go back to Semoine Augustus to find a guard that just came in and was immediately on the MVP radar.

I'm curious to see how her strength will translate. One low-key thing about Clark was how when she drives, people just can't get her off her path. She doesn't look super strong, but is clearly packing some immense core strength. If the driving immediately translates, that means she'll have room to bomb away from 3.

She's going to a team that already has Aliyah Boston commanding all kinds of attention on the interior, so she's going to be set up to succeed.

she's pretty big for a wnba guard right
cupcakesnake
Senior Mod- WNBA
Senior Mod- WNBA
And1: 24,745

Post#22 » by cupcakesnake » Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:05 pm

IlikeSHAIguys wrote:
cupcakesnake wrote:I find her super hard to project because guards don't tend to dominate right away in the W, but Caitlin Clark is a unique prospect.

You have to go back to Semoine Augustus to find a guard that just came in and was immediately on the MVP radar.

I'm curious to see how her strength will translate. One low-key thing about Clark was how when she drives, people just can't get her off her path. She doesn't look super strong, but is clearly packing some immense core strength. If the driving immediately translates, that means she'll have room to bomb away from 3.

She's going to a team that already has Aliyah Boston commanding all kinds of attention on the interior, so she's going to be set up to succeed.

Being a 6'0" guard in the W is probably the equivalent to being a 6'4"-6'5" guard in the NBA. You've got a size advantage against plenty of matchups but you're still close to your positional average.
"Being in my home. I was watching pokemon for 5 hours."

Co-hosting with Harry Garris at The Underhand Freethrow Podcast
IlikeSHAIguys
Ballboy
And1: 13

Post#23 » by IlikeSHAIguys » Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:20 pm

cupcakesnake wrote:
IlikeSHAIguys wrote:

Being a 6'0" guard in the W is probably the equivalent to being a 6'4"-6'5" guard in the NBA. You've got a size advantage against plenty of matchups but you're still close to your positional average.

I heard it was equal to 6'6

Return to WNBA