Blaz Mesicek

Moderator: THE J0KER

Gibson22
Sixth Man
And1: 905

Blaz Mesicek 

Post#1 » by Gibson22 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:02 pm

Does anyone know him? Mockdrafts report him as third 97 internation prospect, 48° at the next draft, he currently plays for my city's team (brindisi). He is good.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,785

Re: Blaz Mesicek 

Post#2 » by UcanUwill » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:25 pm

Never heard of him. RealGM says he played 1 game in Serie A so far for Brindisi, so not much to talk about.
jolbin
Pro Prospect
And1: 196

Post#3 » by jolbin » Mon Jan 2, 2017 8:57 am

He has potential, but i highly doubt he reaches it.
He was playing for Olimpija Ljubljana for the past two seasons. Brought in as a big potential for the future, given big chances this year even after recovering from back injuries in the start of the season. When he got an offer from Brindisi he left immidiately for more money (olimpija owed him 8k from last season), but i highly doubt that this affect his development positively. I think he would be better off playing ABA league than Italian championship (as an import, on top of that). But we will see.

Otherwise, he is not a bad player. He is athletic, good first step. You could say that he has nose for the basket. Coasting in defence sometimes. Attitude might be a problem. Im cheering for him otherwise, the last Slovenian to be drafted was Goran Dragic if im not mistaking (im not counting Emir Preldzic, just not!)
3baller9
Freshman
And1: 38

Post#4 » by 3baller9 » Thu Jan 5, 2017 11:13 pm

UcanUwill wrote:Never heard of him. RealGM says he played 1 game in Serie A so far for Brindisi, so not much to talk about.
That's because he played 19 games for Olimpija Ljubljana (Eurocup and ABA league) this season. He moved to Italy 15 days ago.

Here he was named MVP of the tournament, playing against Real, Barcelona and Joventut u18 teams, he was 17yo at the time. In the summer of 2015 he also competed for Slovenia in division A u20 European championship despite only turning 18 that summer and was a 2nd top scorer of the tournament.

Here you can see some of his athletic ability and some highlights from last season (senior competition)

and here he is already winning over fans in Italy

Return to International Basketball