EuroBasket Berlin-2022 (co-host group-phase cities: Cologne, Milan, Prague, Tbilisi): The strongest ever EURO?

Moderator: THE J0KER

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,522

EuroBasket Berlin-2022 (co-host group-phase cities: Cologne, Milan, Prague, Tbilisi): The strongest ever EURO? 

Post#1 » by THE J0KER » Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:12 pm

NBA superstars Giannis, Jokic, Luka, and Gobert.. all confirmed their presence at Euro-2022. In theory, even Joel Embiid can join them (French citizenship granted this month) but seems his debut for France will be at Paris 2024 Olympics. Some other notable European NBA players will not play (Porzingis, Vucevic, Capela, Bogdan Bogdanovic) which is nothing new for EuroBasket, a less important FIBA competition than World Cup or Olympics, but at the same time more competitive, because without USA dream teams fight for gold is open. And with the current crisis of Latin American basketball, only Australia and Canada are missed (if we do not count the USA).

So what do you think, is this the strongest ever EURO in terms of the star power, or the Nowitzki-Gasol brothers-Parker-Kirilenko era around 2010 with traditionally strong SRB-LIT-GRE national teams are still unmatched?

Other players to watch this September are for example Lithuanian twin-towers Sabonis-Valanciunas, but unfortunately, this season NBA #1 pick Paolo Banchero (Italy) will not play (but already projected as 2023 #1 pick 7'4 phenom Victor Wembanyama from France will be there).
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,728

Re: EuroBasket Berlin-2022 (co-host group-phase cities: Cologne, Milan, Prague, Tbilisi): The strongest ever EURO? 

Post#2 » by CharityStripe34 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:29 pm

This year's Eurobasket has the four most recent NBA MVPs (seasons) as well as a Top 5 candidate and multiple time DPOY winner, I'd say this year's tournament is quite compelling.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,522

Re: EuroBasket Berlin-2022 (co-host group-phase cities: Cologne, Milan, Prague, Tbilisi): The strongest ever EURO? 

Post#3 » by THE J0KER » Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:06 pm

According to betting odds, the upcoming EuroBasket is the most unpredictable of all time in terms of the winner! Four TOP contenders are almost tied, while Lithuania also has decent chances.

These odds actually mean that in reality Serbia and France are currently the two strongest European teams, because Serbia playing here without 2nd best player Bogdan Bogdanovic, while Joel Embiid received France citizenship this summer and will be able to represent France in the future FIBA events. The future problem with the France team will be the fact that they will never be good as a team as they are individualy because the two best players Embiid and Gobert play in the same center spot. Spain never dominated in this century so much as many expected for a similar reason because the Gasol brothers and Ibaka were centers.

Talking about Spain and about betting odds, I think this is the first EuroBasket in the XXI century where Spain is not a TOP3 contender (they are not even a TOP5 contender this time!)

triple_sec
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#4 » by triple_sec » Fri Sep 2, 2022 11:37 am

The rosters, despite having several key players injured, have laid the foundations for the best and most competitive Eurobasket since 1995 (i have been following since 1991).
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#5 » by MoMM » Thu Sep 8, 2022 6:39 pm

I have tickets for Saturday, but it's 4 games in the same Arena, can we leave the arena and then come back? I ask this because my wife is 7-month pregnant, so she won't be able to watch all the games, but maybe she will watch the 1st one, come back home and then be back later on for the end of 3rd and 4th game. Does anyone know how it works?

Return to International Basketball