FIBA World Cup 2023 : GERMANY are the new World Champions! (takes on the world and beats it for once...)

Moderator: THE J0KER

new WORLD CHAMPION this Sunday will be?

Poll ended at Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:19 pm

Germany
48%
Serbia
52%

Total votes: 137

UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,814

FIBA World Cup 2023 : GERMANY are the new World Champions! (takes on the world and beats it for once...) 

Post#1 » by UcanUwill » Wed Sep 6, 2023 6:19 pm

Link to thread one : https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2240749
Link to thread two : https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2316615

semifinal poll looked like this :noway:

Spoiler:
UcanUwill wrote:
Johnny Tomala wrote:
Read on Twitter
?cxt=HHwWgoC24eK3ku4tAAAA

Groups were drawn.

I was critical than Colangelo couldn't get even 1 superstar for 2019 FIBA World Cup roster. That was terrible roster construction job, the team US sent was F team. Not even 1 top 5 USA player at any position then. Let's see what Grant Hill works out for this year's World Cup.
and

Johnny Tomala wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Nice roster so far. Four players from my top 5 of each position. Better roster than in 2019. USA will win gold this time.
thinktank
Analyst
And1: 1,723

Re: FIBA World Cup 2023 part 3 SEMIS (USA vs GERMANY : SERBIA vs CANADA) poll added 

Post#2 » by thinktank » Wed Sep 6, 2023 6:21 pm

I just want to say that I pay to watch the refs enforce the rules. That’s a big reason why FIBA is a better product than the NBA.
"a poor addition to the board"
UcanUwill
RealGM

Re: FIBA World Cup 2023 part 3 SEMIS (USA vs GERMANY : SERBIA vs CANADA) poll added 

Post#3 » by UcanUwill » Wed Sep 6, 2023 6:23 pm

Meeksology wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:40 PIR (FIBA one where they dont count foul draws). Goddamn.

Added poll, can vote now.

loving the "world champions" all in caps in the poll :wink: :lol:

I swear it is not because of recent debacle, or any other narrative. Its world cup, winner is world champion, might as well highlight it, but I didnt really intend to make a statement. Personally, I am not American, to me NBA champions calling themselves World champs was always stupid, but they call their national Baseball playoffs "World series'', so thats just how that culture is.

darmani wrote:
Read on Twitter

Ooof, imagine getting Croatia as your third tier...
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#4 » by UcanUwill » Wed Sep 6, 2023 6:25 pm

ALSO, if you already voted in previos thread, do not forget to recast your vote. Thanks.
djw
Junior
And1: 605

Post#5 » by djw » Wed Sep 6, 2023 6:27 pm

UcanUwill wrote:
Meeksology wrote:

I swear it is not because of recent debacle, or any other narrative. Its world cup, winner is world champion, might as highlight it, but I didnt really intend to make a statement. Personally, I am not American, to me NBA champions calling themselves World champs was always stupid, but they call their national Baseball playoffs "World series'', so thats just how that culture is.

darmani wrote:
Read on Twitter

And / or Latvia as your 4th tier…
darmani
Starter
And1: 2,731

Post#6 » by darmani » Wed Sep 6, 2023 6:40 pm

djw wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:
Meeksology wrote:loving the "world champions" all in caps in the poll :wink: :lol:

I swear it is not because of recent debacle, or any other narrative. Its world cup, winner is world champion, might as highlight it, but I didnt really intend to make a statement. Personally, I am not American, to me NBA champions calling themselves World champs was always stupid, but they call their national Baseball playoffs "World series'', so thats just how that culture is.

darmani wrote:
Read on Twitter

And especially Bahamas from pot 6, when you could draw Bahrain instead.
"Can’t talk basketball with everybody" - Devin Booker
Buckets22
Sixth Man
And1: 1,510

Post#7 » by Buckets22 » Wed Sep 6, 2023 6:41 pm

Spain, Italy, Croatia, Latvia, Georgia, the Bahamas in one group. Let me fetch my popcorn. :rocking:
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#8 » by UcanUwill » Wed Sep 6, 2023 6:46 pm

darmani wrote:
djw wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:

And especially Bahamas from pot 6, when you could draw Bahrain instead.

Drawing :

Lithuania
Italy
Croatia
Latvia
Georgia
Bahamas

...would be just stupid, no Olympics even needed.
Meeksology
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,595

Post#9 » by Meeksology » Wed Sep 6, 2023 6:52 pm

thinktank wrote:I just want to say that I pay to watch the refs enforce the rules. That’s a big reason why FIBA is a better product than the NBA.

It's great not having to yell at the tv every 2 mins because of a bonehead call or miscall.
-Luke-
Starter
And1: 4,056

Post#10 » by -Luke- » Wed Sep 6, 2023 6:55 pm

So what are we all going to do next Monday?
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#11 » by UcanUwill » Wed Sep 6, 2023 7:00 pm

-Luke- wrote:So what are we all going to do next Monday?

I will still have a few days off, and I am a guy who would like getting into some video games, but I am so dead inside, I just cant. Well, I can, but I play games that I hate myself for playing. I left hospital 6 days ago, and still havent booted Baldurs Gate 3.
So, I hope I will beat my mental block and get into Balfur Gates 3, and maybe even Starfield.

P.S. Also, hopefully celebrating German victory, out of everyones left, I want them to win it all.
___Rand___
General Manager
And1: 9,811

Post#12 » by ___Rand___ » Wed Sep 6, 2023 7:01 pm

Monday night football!
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,412

Post#13 » by Nuntius » Wed Sep 6, 2023 7:04 pm

UcanUwill wrote:
Meeksology wrote:

I swear it is not because of recent debacle, or any other narrative. Its world cup, winner is world champion, might as well highlight it, but I didnt really intend to make a statement. Personally, I am not American, to me NBA champions calling themselves World champs was always stupid, but they call their national Baseball playoffs "World series'', so thats just how that culture is.

darmani wrote:
Read on Twitter

Croatia at 3rd, Latvia at 4th, Georgia at 5th and Bahamas at 6th. Those are all pretty strong for their tiers.
"No wolf shall keep his secrets, no bird shall dance the skyline
And I am left with nothing but an oath that gleams like a sword
To bathe in the blood of man
Mankind..."

She Painted Fire Across the Skyline, Part 3
- Agalloch
whitehops
General Manager
And1: 6,510

Post#14 » by whitehops » Wed Sep 6, 2023 7:04 pm

it's going to be a boring 4-week stretch until training camp for basketball fans, that's for sure. maybe some trades happen in the meantime to keep some interest.
-Luke-
Starter
And1: 4,056

Post#15 » by -Luke- » Wed Sep 6, 2023 7:10 pm

UcanUwill wrote:

I will still have a few days off, and I am a guy who would like getting into some video games, but I am so dead inside, I just cant. Well, I can, but I play games that I hate myself for playing. I left hospital 6 days ago, and still havent booted Baldurs Gate 3.
So, I hope I will beat my mental block and get into Balfur Gates 3, and maybe even Starfield.

P.S. Also, hopefully celebrating German victory, out of everyones left, I want them to win it all.

"Die Botschaft hör ich wohl, allein mir fehlt der Glaube" (I hear the message well but lack Faith's constant trust).

But if that happens I will definitely pull a Jokic on Monday.

Hope you are allright since you mentioned health problems.
Buckets22
Sixth Man
And1: 1,510

Post#16 » by Buckets22 » Wed Sep 6, 2023 7:12 pm

Debate the top 5 PGs of all time?
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,572

Post#17 » by 76ciology » Wed Sep 6, 2023 7:34 pm

Some vids from the SLO vs CAN game.

Luka has so much star power that i find SGA very boring despite him playing very well and very effective.

I enjoyed watching this game because i was sitting around local college coaches and they were with their recruits teaching them about the game and Luka’s moves.

Luka like to drive with his right and stepback with his left, but he also has counters if you try to anticipate that with his hang dribbles that will get you off balance. Once he gets into the paint he knows how to use his body that its hard for you to simultaneously get into balance and also challenge his shot.

He also shows amazing court vision and passing ability. His pregame is a lot similar with Harden’s, thats why he can take and make high volume of stepbacks.

Withour further ado, here are some of my clips.

There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
djw
Junior
And1: 605

Post#18 » by djw » Wed Sep 6, 2023 8:24 pm

Prep for Oktoberfest. :D
links135
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,335

Post#19 » by links135 » Wed Sep 6, 2023 8:33 pm

Thank you USA for having such a crappy immigration system that had instead resulted in them going to Canada and filling our sports teams with talented athletes.
Mickey8
Head Coach
And1: 5,190

Post#20 » by Mickey8 » Wed Sep 6, 2023 8:52 pm

Both games should be good.

Return to International Basketball