Igor Rako?evi? has an NBA offer

Moderator: THE J0KER

Joana
Banned User
And1: 1

Re: Igor Rako?evi? has an NBA offer 

Post#21 » by Joana » Mon Mar 9, 2009 2:06 am

He's having a season for the ages. $4 million is way too much though, in the NBA he won't be more than an energy and scoring punch off the bench, he won't do a good job as a backup point.
Undrafted Rook
Junior
And1: 0

Post#22 » by Undrafted Rook » Mon Mar 9, 2009 11:17 pm

Joana wrote:He's having a season for the ages. $4 million is way too much though, in the NBA he won't be more than an energy and scoring punch off the bench, he won't do a good job as a backup point.

I doubt anything less than 4 million will draw him to the NBA though. And I think he could play backup point for a team that has a ball dominating wing or post. If you ask him to create every time down you're askin for trouble but he has enough ballhandling prowess to bring it up and iniate the offense.

As side question, Who's better, 05-06 JC Navarro or Rakocevic this year?
Apollo64
Starter
And1: 724

Post#23 » by Apollo64 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:48 am

He is undersized for an NBA SG as already said, so...
KWSN-Men
Banned User
And1: 13

Post#24 » by KWSN-Men » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:06 am

Undrafted Rook wrote:
Joana wrote:He's having a season for the ages. $4 million is way too much though, in the NBA he won't be more than an energy and scoring punch off the bench, he won't do a good job as a backup point.

I doubt anything less than 4 million will draw him to the NBA though. And I think he could play backup point for a team that has a ball dominating wing or post. If you ask him to create every time down you're askin for trouble but he has enough ballhandling prowess to bring it up and iniate the offense.

As side question, Who's better, 05-06 JC Navarro or Rakocevic this year?

Rakocevic this year. But they are different players. Rakocevic is much more explosive and much more athletic, much stronger. Navarro however is as crafty and clever as they come. And Navarro will do whatever it takes to win, he will play dirty, flop, manipulate refs, get under player's skin. And he knows how to really lead a team. Plus he has a great go to move that's unstoppable. So it's different players to me.

One guy is a A LOT more naturally talented based on his physical tools in Rakocevic but Navarro I think if he was in the right team in the NBA, let's say the Rockets maybe with Yao, he could be really something. Neither one of them is very good in defense, but Rakocevic will give effort and can play physical and he's tough. When you play in TAU you have to do that.
KWSN-Men
Banned User

Post#25 » by KWSN-Men » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:08 am

Apollo64 wrote:He is undersized for an NBA SG as already said, so...

What I think a lot of people fail to realize is that most NBA "point guards" would play shooting guard in Europe. And a lot of "shooting guards" in Europe would play the point in the NBA. Rakocevic is better as a 2, but I'm just saying. It's wrong to classify him as a "shooting guard", because he isn't. He's a combo guard, or could even be considered a scoring point. Just like in Europe Navarro is a 2 that can create, in the NBA he's a scoring point guard.
Livno
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1

Post#26 » by Livno » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:01 pm

he is having a great season, so why not try another time? 6 years from his first NBA Season, now he has much more Expirience, and IMO 4mil is not to much for him!
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
KWSN-Men
Banned User

Post#27 » by KWSN-Men » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:37 pm

This NBA rumor must just be his agent and him working to get a bigger Euro deal. Now the rumors are he will go to Olympiacos.

http://www.mtsmondo.com/sport/football/ ... est=129221

Igor Rakocevic could continue his career with Olympiacos Piraeus, say sources in Athens and Sports Magazine. Rakocevic is the best scorer in the Euroleague, with an average of 18.4 points per game.

The Greek club is known for signing stars, and is one of the few teams that can afford the expensive player. The same source notes, that Olympiacos can outbid even the three richest Spanish and Russian clubs.
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#28 » by revprodeji » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:11 am

He struggled bad with the wolves last time. His game just does not translate to the NBA game.
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...
KWSN-Men
Banned User

Post#29 » by KWSN-Men » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:44 am

revprodeji wrote:He struggled bad with the wolves last time. His game just does not translate to the NBA game.

That's probably because they made him play point guard. If you let him play as a SG scoring punch with little D off the bench, sort of like a Ben Gordon type role and guy then he could be effective probably.
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#30 » by revprodeji » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:33 pm

MN tried him at anything. He just seemed constantly nervous.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/igor_rakocevic/index.html

He was friendly. I actually have a picture with him warming up before a game. Was a very nice guy.
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...

Return to International Basketball