training camp: starts Dec 9th

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

daidalos
Sophomore
And1: 0

Re: training camp: starts Dec 9th 

Post#141 » by daidalos » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:32 am

Battery wrote:
Battery wrote:Again, because you and Slam have this weird and creepy seething hatred towards Larry Brown :o (hall of fame coach)

BigSlam wrote:No, the ENTIRE LEAGUE has a hatred towards Larry the Clown - which is why he has worn out his welcome at EVERY SINGLE TEAM he has ever been associated with and why he is no longer in the NBA.

And did kid yourself by suggesting he is old and just wanting to sit it out. He whored himself to several teams after he was FIRED (once again like he has been so many other times) by our front office.

No one wanted is out dated, over rated, egotistical driven arse.

The entire league does not have a hatred towards Larry Brown. How long have you been following basketball? 5 years? LB has been around for 100 years!!! Seriously let's have a REALITY CHECK... he is 71 years old!! Not too many 71 year olds get hired to coach professional sports teams. Hello??

The hatred is not because of his coaching (he can't coach pg's, but other than that he is great), it's because he demands weird trades. I mean Diop??? Bell??? Diaw??? Not very good players with crap contracts. If LB can't place somebody in his system, he abondons that guy and doesn't try to rig his system or motivate that player.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,624

Post#142 » by fatlever » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:38 pm

mr roses is at it again

Bobcats Charlotte Bobcats
Wonder why mood around #BobcatsTrainingCamp been so upbeat? With #PaulSilas leading his attitude's infectious #NBA twitpic.com/7ssmih
7 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#143 » by BigSlam » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:17 pm

fatlever wrote:mr roses is at it again

Wonder why mood around #BobcatsTrainingCamp been so upbeat? With #PaulSilas leading his attitude's infectious #NBA twitpic.com/7ssmih

Damn him and his positive work environment. DAMN HIM TO HELL.
B B M F 'ers
Kembastockton
Hornets Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 56

Post#144 » by Kembastockton » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:27 pm

Larry Brown is one of those guys who demands respect, but you are not going to like very much. Mike hired him in hopes that he could get something out of the tiny bit of talent we had. We had no outside shooting, a point guard who thought he was Micheal Jordan, and no one on the roster who commanded a double team. Larry could get nothing out of them, and being the under acheiving bunch that they were they quit on him. Bye bye Larry.

Paul Silas is one of those guys who everybody loves, but hasn't reached the summit as an nba head coach yet. When Larry lost the guys Paul was brought in to placate everyone. Paul is a players coach. Now he is getting the most out of this mild talent bunch, but there isn't going to be a whole lot of x's and o's going on. He will hang in there until Mike gets a team he believes can make some noise. Then it will be bye bye Paul.
Battery
Analyst
And1: 158

Post#145 » by Battery » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:33 pm

fatlever wrote:mr roses is at it again

Players coaches never last long unless you're like the Celtics who have a bunch of mentally focused hard working veteran players. Young players need their asses kicked in order to toughen them up. No wonder why Lebron is such a pussy. All that talent and he still plays scared. Probably cried when Spolestra started screaming at him and asked for him to be fired. Wade is tough because he had Riley. Lebron is a pussy because he had Silas and Brown. Speaking of Brown, how long will it be before Kobe tells him to F off??

Mr.Bouquet of Roses will not last long here. :noway: Also I'm not a fan of having Kemba and Biz learn under a players coach. Such a waste of a crucial season in their development process.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,624

Post#146 » by fatlever » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:33 pm

since when has larry brown been a good coach for young players? he practically ruined hendo and dj before the end of their rookie years.

its funny battery, because when it comes to hoops you and i share a lot of similar opions, but we couldnt be further from each other in regards to larry brown. he is a great coach is small doses on teams that are designed a specific way. he is a horrible coach once he has lost his desire or lost the team, which one of the two always happens. and he is a horrible influence on player personnel.
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,172

Post#147 » by SWedd523 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:10 pm

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/i ... ining-camp

"Timing is everything. Chemistry is something that you don't just throw in the frying pan and mix it up with another something, then throw it on top of something, then fry it up and put it in a tortilla and put in a microwave, heat it up and give it to you and expect it to taste good. You know? For those of you who can cook, y'all know what I'm talking about. If y'all can't cook, this doesn't concern you."

Garnett might be the biggest idiot in the world.
Battery
Analyst

Post#148 » by Battery » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:47 am

fatlever wrote:since when has larry brown been a good coach for young players? he practically ruined hendo and dj before the end of their rookie years.

its funny battery, because when it comes to hoops you and i share a lot of similar opions, but we couldnt be further from each other in regards to larry brown. he is a great coach is small doses on teams that are designed a specific way. he is a horrible coach once he has lost his desire or lost the team, which one of the two always happens. and he is a horrible influence on player personnel.

DJ had a very good rookie season under LB but his anxiety attacks kicked up in year 2. DJ getting ruined by LB is a myth that Slam started and now apparently you firmly believe. It's like you have joined the cult of Slam. Weird. Soon he will have you believing if Silas was the coach in 09-10, we would have easily surpassed 50 wins. Oh right, you already believe that. hmmm

Hendo was hurt!!!! Please stop with this Hendo nonsense about LB ruining him. If he was so ruined then last summer I would have wanted him gone, but not the case. I was the only one who saw potential in him based on his play during his rookie season. Slam wanted Hendo shipped out on the same bus I had DJ stashed on. So did everyone else except for one other and I'm trying to remember who that was. I know it wasn't you. Certainly not Jaruff who wanted us to dump Hendo in favor of Allen Iverson and Agent A-Hole. :roll:

Go through his coaching stops year by year and you will see he plays rookies, some contribute a lot and get lots of minutes, while others get lots of minutes while contributing some. Some rooks don't get burn in the first half of the season only to see their playing time increase in the second. But he plays rookies, he plays young players and most of the time they play very well for him. Just because he didn't play Darko (am I supposed to believe there has never been a Euro bust?) doesn't mean he can't coach or doesn't play young players. Another myth.

Start with Bobby Jones and David Thompson.

But Larry's greatness lies in being a great teacher in practice. He sets a solid foundation that the players can use throughout their careers. Once he's done teaching all the little nuances of the game, he moves on to the next group. But he wins. (Do not count the Knicks, nobody can win with Isiah as the GM, Dolan as the owner, Marbury at the point and Eddy Curry at center)
Stun704
Lead Assistant
And1: 226

Post#149 » by Stun704 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:02 am

Battery wrote:
fatlever wrote:since when has larry brown been a good coach for young players? he practically ruined hendo and dj before the end of their rookie years.

DJ had a very good rookie season under LB but his anxiety attacks kicked up in year 2. DJ getting ruined by LB is a myth that Slam started and now apparently you firmly believe. It's like you have joined the cult of Slam. Weird. Soon he will have you believing if Silas was the coach in 09-10, we would have easily surpassed 50 wins. Oh right, you already believe that. hmmm

Hendo was hurt!!!! Please stop with this Hendo nonsense about LB ruining him. If he was so ruined then last summer I would have wanted him gone, but not the case. I was the only one who saw potential in him based on his play during his rookie season. Slam wanted Hendo shipped out on the same bus I had DJ stashed on. So did everyone else except for one other and I'm trying to remember who that was. I know it wasn't you. Certainly not Jaruff who wanted us to dump Hendo in favor of Allen Iverson and Agent A-Hole. :roll:

Go through his coaching stops year by year and you will see he plays rookies, some contribute a lot and get lots of minutes, while others get lots of minutes while contributing some. Some rooks don't get burn in the first half of the season only to see their playing time increase in the second. But he plays rookies, he plays young players and most of the time they play very well for him. Just because he didn't play Darko (am I supposed to believe there has never been a Euro bust?) doesn't mean he can't coach or doesn't play young players. Another myth.

But Larry's greatness lies in being a great teacher in practice. He sets a solid foundation that the players can use throughout their careers. Once he's done teaching all the little nuances of the game, he moves on to the next group. But he wins. (Do not count the Knicks, nobody can win with Isiah as the GM, Dolan as the owner, Marbury at the point and Eddy Curry at center)

09 bobcats underachieved, and it was thanks to no other then the great Larry Brown, (We could not defend the 3 no matter what)

We had the 3rd best SF in the league then with Gerald Wallace
we had a starting caliber center in Tyson Chandler, and a pesudo starting caliber in Nazr Mohammed, YET THEO RATLIFF STARTED.
Gerald Henderson got virtually no minutes, Larry brown rather had played Larry Garbage ass Hughes

If we had played in a more uptempo offense, Felton would have looked like an all-star like he did in NY, DJ would have looked like a capable starting PG, Tyrus Thomas would have had a break out year, like he was having pre-injury last year, Chandler wouldn't have looked like ass, and Hendo would have looked like the future.

the 09-10 bobcats were atleast a 2nd round caliber team, Larry Brown held that team back with his stupid "play the right way" montra
Pimpwerx wrote:I was a fan of the Lakers...Yankees... It took me almost a decade to become a fan of the Miami teams...I know it's frowned upon, but if you can look at it as an outsider, it's easier to understand why it happens. PEACE.
Battery
Analyst

Post#150 » by Battery » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:45 am

Stun704 wrote:
Battery wrote:

09 bobcats underachieved, and it was thanks to no other then the great Larry Brown, (We could not defend the 3 no matter what)

We had the 3rd best SF in the league then with Gerald Wallace
we had a starting caliber center in Tyson Chandler, and a pesudo starting caliber in Nazr Mohammed, YET THEO RATLIFF STARTED.
Gerald Henderson got virtually no minutes, Larry brown rather had played Larry Garbage ass Hughes

If we had played in a more uptempo offense, Felton would have looked like an all-star like he did in NY, DJ would have looked like a capable starting PG, Tyrus Thomas would have had a break out year, like he was having pre-injury last year, Chandler wouldn't have looked like ass, and Hendo would have looked like the future.

the 09-10 bobcats were atleast a 2nd round caliber team, Larry Brown held that team back with his stupid "play the right way" montra

You don't know what you're talking about. I already went over the playoff season many times. It's laughable how you guys are now rewriting history. I never once heard this talk during the season and then into the summer. Nothing!! Only when Mr.Bouquet of Roses took over did you guys start to dismiss LB's achievements in the playoff season.

Also you guys chirp about how great Mr. Roses was after he took over from LB, but you guys conveniently forget we had like 7 out of 8 AT HOME. And our January schedule was EASY. Once February hit we resorted back to playing like crap and then the players were traded. DJ was the same up and down crap after January as he was when LB coached him. Tyrus was the same and rode the bench, same under LB. And I won't bring up Hendo because HE WAS HURT!!!

Ugh.
Marvel
RealGM
And1: 14,287

Post#151 » by Marvel » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:05 am

SWEDD523 wrote:http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/7349548/boston-celtics-kevin-garnett-calls-david-stern-rushed-training-camp

"Timing is everything. Chemistry is something that you don't just throw in the frying pan and mix it up with another something, then throw it on top of something, then fry it up and put it in a tortilla and put in a microwave, heat it up and give it to you and expect it to taste good. You know? For those of you who can cook, y'all know what I'm talking about. If y'all can't cook, this doesn't concern you."

A very smart one at that. It's an analogy for good things take time, just like chemistry.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#152 » by BigSlam » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:12 am

Marvel wrote:
SWEDD523 wrote:http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/7349548/boston-celtics-kevin-garnett-calls-david-stern-rushed-training-camp

A very smart one at that. It's an analogy for good things take time, just like chemistry.

His quote makes me hungry.
B B M F 'ers
_tijo_
Hornets Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 335

Post#153 » by _tijo_ » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:00 pm

Marvel wrote:

Umm... if you just fried something, why would you then heat it up in the microwave? For those who can cook... we have no idea what you are talking about.
Who I woulda took:
2022: Duren | 2021: Bouknight, Jones | 2020: Ball | 2019: PJ | 2018: Porter Jr | 2017: Monk | 2016: Damian Jones | 2015: Winslow | 2014: Vonleh, Napier | 2013: McLemore | 2012: MKG | 2011: Knight, Kawhi
penquin11
Sixth Man
And1: 148

Post#154 » by penquin11 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:48 pm

Garnett was trying for the right thing but unfortunately just described nearly every good dish ever made.....
Devilzsidewalk wrote:no, the DB's will just be thinking "damn, I thought that was going to be a run!" as they easily recover to intercept a Ponder pass 10 yards off the mark
Marvel
RealGM
And1: 14,287

Post#155 » by Marvel » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:58 pm

_tijo_ wrote:
Marvel wrote:

Umm... if you just fried something, why would you then heat it up in the microwave? For those who can cook... we have no idea what you are talking about.

Because those who can't cook will be stupid enough to put a tortilla in the microwave and expect it to taste good.
SWedd523
RealGM

Post#156 » by SWedd523 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:46 pm

From the media day chat:

whats the big difference you have seen in the locker room with Paul Silas as coach instead of Larry Brown?

Gerald Henderson: He's a coach that just tries to give you confidence no matter what. He'll get on you when you're messing up but he's always trying to uplift you
SWedd523
RealGM

Post#157 » by SWedd523 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:51 pm

also:

Would you be cool with a new nickname? Mighty Mouse! People here in Raleigh seem to like to call you that

Matt Carroll: I don't even know what to say to that...
Curtis Lemansky
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 249

Post#158 » by Curtis Lemansky » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:31 pm

I read that DJ Augustin is looking very good and that he will start over Kemba. Is that true?
"I don't step aside, I step up." - Vic Mackey
"My name is my name" - Marlo Stanfield
"If you come at the king, you best not miss" - Omar Little

Formerly known as nostradamus2005
Jaruff
RealGM
And1: 16

Post#159 » by Jaruff » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:52 pm

Curtis Lemansky wrote:I read that DJ Augustin is looking very good and that he will start over Kemba. Is that true?

DJ being the starter is pretty much expected. I don't think Kemba starts unless DJ really struggles or he's been traded to another team.
Kwame Brown Fan Club | Free Gilbert Arenas
bobcats3wallace
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#160 » by bobcats3wallace » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:33 pm

Curtis Lemansky wrote:I read that DJ Augustin is looking very good and that he will start over Kemba. Is that true?

I would be very surprised if DJ wasn't the starter. Best case for us is that DJ plays lights out, but Kemba also shows like he can be a stud in this league. Then we can trade DJ for some actual value.

Return to Charlotte Hornets