One Trade Scenario for every team in League

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

Jaruff
RealGM
And1: 16

Re: One Trade Scenario for every team in League 

Post#21 » by Jaruff » Wed Dec 7, 2011 9:57 pm

captaincrunk wrote:
Jaruff wrote:Now, a Tyrus Thomas/Elton Brand swap would have been genius last year. You know why? Amnesty. Would have saved us from two bad contracts.

OR you just amnesty thomas and do the same thing...

PR issue; it would look bad to amnesty Thomas right now with Diop on the roster. An older, overpaid guy like Elton Brand? Not so much.

Now I know what you're thinking; such a trade would have been a PR disaster last year. No, it wouldn't have. People were stuck on Wallace being shipped off that no one would have cared about Thomas. We would have heard "Well they traded our best player so it makes sense they do this too. I'll never buy tickets again, yada yada yada."

You amnesty Thomas now and it's "Thomas is better than Diop, why pay Diop to sit his fat ass on the bench? I'll never buy tickets again, yada yada yada."

People are going to bitch either way but you can minimize it. Who complains about the Okafor/Chandler swap anymore? No, those same people complain that we traded Chandler for a guy we cut immediately. It's how things are. I doubt anyone would complain if we dropped Diop right now but they would complain about Thomas.
Kwame Brown Fan Club | Free Gilbert Arenas
captaincrunk
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#22 » by captaincrunk » Wed Dec 7, 2011 10:02 pm

Jaruff wrote:
captaincrunk wrote:
Jaruff wrote:Now, a Tyrus Thomas/Elton Brand swap would have been genius last year. You know why? Amnesty. Would have saved us from two bad contracts.

OR you just amnesty thomas and do the same thing...

PR issue; it would look bad to amnesty Thomas right now with Diop on the roster. An older, overpaid guy like Elton Brand? Not so much.

Now I know what you're thinking; such a trade would have been a PR disaster last year. No, it wouldn't have. People were stuck on Wallace being shipped off that no one would have cared about Thomas. We would have heard "Well they traded our best player so it makes sense they do this too. I'll never buy tickets again, yada yada yada."

You amnesty Thomas now and it's "Thomas is better than Diop, why pay Diop to sit his fat ass on the bench? I'll never buy tickets again, yada yada yada."

People are going to bitch either way but you can minimize it. Who complains about the Okafor/Chandler swap anymore? No, those same people complain that we traded Chandler for a guy we cut immediately. It's how things are. I doubt anyone would complain if we dropped Diop right now but they would complain about Thomas.

I still complain about those things.
Jaruff
RealGM

Post#23 » by Jaruff » Wed Dec 7, 2011 10:39 pm

Of course but you're not the average fan with the average fan attention span. ;)
frizzledizzle
Sixth Man
And1: 130

Post#24 » by frizzledizzle » Thu Dec 8, 2011 6:34 am

76ers: Trade Tyrus Thomas for Craig Brackins and Evan Turner
Bucks: Trade Tyrus Thomas for Drew Gordon and Tobias Harris
Chicago: Trade Gerald Henderson and Maggette for Luol Deng and our first rounder back
Clippers:Trade DJ Augustin, Maggette, DJ White for Kaman and Aminu
Hawks: Trade Tyrus Thomas for Marvin Williams and a first round pick
Hornets:Trade Kemba, Tyrus, Maggette and first rounder for Paul and Ariza
Jazz:Trade Maggette and Kemba for Hayward, Okur and first Rounder
Magic: Sign and Trade Kwame for Orton and First Rounder
Pacers:Tyrus Thomas for Rush, Hansborough, and AJ Price
Rockets: Trade Carroll and First rounder for Terrence Williams, Marcus Morris, and Courtney Lee
Thunder: Trade Tyrus for Mullins, Robinson, and Reggie Jackson and first round pick
T-Wolves:Trade Tyrus, Hendo and first rounder for Derrick Williams, Beasley and Ellington
Blazers:Trade DJ Augustin and 2nd rounder for Elliot Williams, Luke Babbit, and Armon Johnson

The GM of those teams would hang up on you.

In most of the trades Thomas is being trades for multiple players that were recently drafted in the 1st round and you're also getting a player that puts up similar production/making teams take back bad contract.

Going down the list...

Sixers: Wouldn't trade Turner for Thomas straight up let alone add in Brackins. Two 1sts for a 10/5 guy
Bucks: Wouldn't trade Harris straight up for Thomas.
Bulls: Wouldn't trade Deng for Maggette/Henderson let alone add a 1st.
Clips: Kaman contract > Maggette contract. Kaman > Thomas. Wouldn't even trade Aminu straight up
Hawks: Marvin and Thomas are the same age and put up same numbers. You also want their 1st...
Hornets: lol
Jazz: Okur contract > Maggette contract. Hayward and 1st = two 1sts for Kemba
Magic: Orton and 1st = two 1sts for an unrestricted free agents that isn't worth two firsts.
Pacers: Hansbrough puts up the same #'s as Thomas and you also want Rush(40% from 3) and Price
Rockets: Wouldn't trade Marcus Morris straight up for that.
Thunder: Mullins, Jackson and 1st = 3 1sts for Thomas.
Wolves: lol I wouldn't trade Williams or Beasley straight up for that package.
Blazers: Elliot and Babbit = two 1sts and Armon was drafted 4th in 2nd for Augustin and 2nd...
frizzledizzle
Sixth Man
And1: 130

Post#25 » by frizzledizzle » Thu Dec 8, 2011 6:38 am

I don't think you guys need Hansbrough but if you want him, it would probably take a 1st. Maybe swap Posey's expiring for Maggette or Diop's bad contract.
JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,164

Post#26 » by JMAC3 » Thu Dec 8, 2011 7:04 am

A ton of these first rounders are those owned by good teams so they will be in the high 20s which isnt really worth much. You clearly think Tyrus is awful which is cool, but he is a shot blocker, athletic big, and great pick and roll defender. It is not all about points and rebounds. Plus 10 points and 5.5 rebounds in 21 minutes is pretty efficient, and he wasn't healthy alot of the year. I wouldnt expect you to look at this because you do not seem to know to much about basketball. Tyrus would be a good player to match with Hibbert in the frontcourt instead of Hansborough. Also, pacers fans seem to want Rush out of town and Price is a throw in to make salaries better and he wont play much with addition of Hill to go with Collison and Stephenson anyways.

A first for Hansborough HAHA.......that will probably be a top 10 pick he isn't worth that...
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
doc.end
General Manager
And1: 191

Post#27 » by doc.end » Fri Dec 9, 2011 8:52 pm

Now when we know Houston wants to shed salary to get Nene, could we be a helping hand and offer them one of our two trade exception? One or another would be enough to take on contract of one of these players:
Jonny Flynn, Jordan Hill, Terrence Williams, Courtney Lee, Goran Dragic, Patrick Patterson, Chase Budinger

Lee and Dragic are expirings, Budinger next year is not fulyl guaranteed, rest of them have team options next year. Longhot I guess, but any interest anyway?
captaincrunk
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#28 » by captaincrunk » Fri Dec 9, 2011 10:18 pm

frizzledizzle wrote:I don't think you guys need Hansbrough but if you want him, it would probably take a 1st. Maybe swap Posey's expiring for Maggette or Diop's bad contract.

That would be interesting. So Diop and a a first for Hans and Posey? Maybe swapping firsts would be more appropriate, the bobcats aren't interested in losing picks.
Jaruff
RealGM

Post#29 » by Jaruff » Fri Dec 9, 2011 10:36 pm

doc.end wrote:Now when we know Houston wants to shed salary to get Nene, could we be a helping hand and offer them one of our two trade exception? One or another would be enough to take on contract of one of these players:
Jonny Flynn, Jordan Hill, Terrence Williams, Courtney Lee, Goran Dragic, Patrick Patterson, Chase Budinger

Lee and Dragic are expirings, Budinger next year is not fulyl guaranteed, rest of them have team options next year. Longhot I guess, but any interest anyway?

Don't see them trading Flynn since they just got him a few months ago. Doubt they'll let Dragic or Budinger go too, perhaps add Patterson to that list.

But I will take some Jordan Hill, Terrence Williams, and Courtney Lee. Going forward Williams probably fits best but Lee could be useful as a backup SG for the next few years. Unless we dump a few guys, Jordan Hill doesn't fit at all.
Jajwanda
General Manager
And1: 105

Post#30 » by Jajwanda » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:51 am

DJ would be a nice fit here in L.A.

I came up with something the other day since I saw that MJ was considering a veteran PG to show Kemba the ropes.

Lakers trade:

- Steve Blake
- Dallas 1st
- 2nd

for

- Matt Caroll
- DJ Augustin

We can work on the exact compensation, but the main point is the Blake-Caroll swap along with picks to prevent DJ for going for nothing in free agency.

Return to Charlotte Hornets