ImageImage

Players to Watch this Year (around the league)

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

penquin11
Sixth Man
And1: 148

Re: Players to Watch this Year (around the league) 

Post#21 » by penquin11 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:39 pm

Ive got to say that I agree with your pick of OJ Mayo, the guy is underrated, he is a guy who can score 18 a game coupled with high end defense and is still young.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:no, the DB's will just be thinking "damn, I thought that was going to be a run!" as they easily recover to intercept a Ponder pass 10 yards off the mark
Elden Payton
RealGM
And1: 2,591

Post#22 » by Elden Payton » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:15 am

penquin11 wrote:Ive got to say that I agree with your pick of OJ Mayo, the guy is underrated, he is a guy who can score 18 a game coupled with high end defense and is still young.

Yeah I have absolutely no idea why OJ is valued so low around the league, he is a good player who sacrificed his game for the betterment of his team & is not the cancer he is made out to be(aside the Tony Allen incident)

He can shoot, facilitate & play defense & he still has a ton of potential imo, he will most likely never be the player he was hyped up to be but he can still ball.
Elden Payton
RealGM
And1: 2,591

Post#23 » by Elden Payton » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:18 am

Just thinking about it Mayo gets the Kwame/Darko treatment, people point out the player they aren't as opposed to the player they are, these guys can still contribute despite not living up to their draft position.

Mayo still has time to become an all-star imo.
JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,164

Post#24 » by JMAC3 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:39 am

I really think Austin Daye is going to have a break out year and make Detroit regret giving Tayshaun such a big deal. I would try and deal for Daye if he was reasonable. He is a 6'11 SF who can shoot, rebound, pass, and score. I like his size and he is really long as well.

Not sure what kind of deal we would need to offer up to get him, but I think its worth talking about.
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
Jaruff
RealGM
And1: 16

Post#25 » by Jaruff » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:37 am

I'm pegging Eric Gordon at 25ppg or more this year.
Kwame Brown Fan Club | Free Gilbert Arenas

Return to Charlotte Hornets