ImageImage

Kwame to sign with Warriors

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

GQCoolest
Sixth Man
And1: 35

Re: Kwame to sign with Warriors 

Post#41 » by GQCoolest » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:58 pm

daidalos wrote:Come on guys ... it's Kwame ****ing Brown. I would have been very disappointed if we would have offered him money like that. That would meant that we pay 14 million for Kwame and Diop combined.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's not the money, I wouldn't have wanted us to pay that either, it's just how hilariously thin and bad we are going to be in the post. Kwame was a solid player for us last year. Disappointing that we won't get another solid year out of him after we gave him a second chance. That said, you can't turn down that sort of money. I'm glad the Cats aren't going out and giving long term deals for the sake of making sure we are in "rebuilding" mode, but can we at least pretend we're trying to win more than 10 games this year?
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#42 » by BigSlam » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:03 pm

It’s safe to say the Warriors’ $7 million salary far exceeds what the Bobcats were willing to pay for Brown, who started the second half of last season and thrived under coach Paul Silas (7.9 ppg, 6.8 rpg.) Sources indicate the Bobcats balked at the suggestion Brown was worth $5 million a season
B B M F 'ers
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,172

Post#43 » by SWedd523 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:08 pm

BigSlam wrote:
It’s safe to say the Warriors’ $7 million salary far exceeds what the Bobcats were willing to pay for Brown, who started the second half of last season and thrived under coach Paul Silas (7.9 ppg, 6.8 rpg.) Sources indicate the Bobcats balked at the suggestion Brown was worth $5 million a season

$5 million?!

floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,802

Post#44 » by floppymoose » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:10 pm

doc.end wrote:BTW that means Reggie Williams is even more probable signing. Well that rescind the qualifying offer anyway but still, they run out of cap space pretty fast.

You may be right about Reggie going elsewhere, but it won't be due to lack of money. We'd have to sign another player before we ran out of enough cap room, and even then there is the MLE and also the new exception for when you are barely under the cap, either of which are likely enough to sign him.

I think if Reggie goes elsewhere, it will be because some other team really overpays, or because the Warriors want to throw Klay Thompson into a significant role right away.
Elden Payton
RealGM
And1: 2,591

Post#45 » by Elden Payton » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:01 pm

Our management did the right thing by not overpaying for Kwame, GS just made a mistake even though it's only for one year...they are on the books for 16m between Beans & him....that is ludicrous.
SWedd523
RealGM

Post#46 » by SWedd523 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:02 pm

Sik Infant wrote:Our management did the right thing by not overpaying for Kwame, GS just made a mistake even though it's only for one year...they are on the books for 16m between Beans & him....that is ludicrous.

No this is Ludacris

Eoghan
RealGM
And1: 3,293

Post#47 » by Eoghan » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:17 pm

GQCoolest wrote:
It's not the money, I wouldn't have wanted us to pay that either, it's just how hilariously thin and bad we are going to be in the post. Kwame was a solid player for us last year. Disappointing that we won't get another solid year out of him after we gave him a second chance. That said, you can't turn down that sort of money. I'm glad the Cats aren't going out and giving long term deals for the sake of making sure we are in "rebuilding" mode, but can we at least pretend we're trying to win more than 10 games this year?

^this.

Wow we need a C in a big way. Boris the bullet dodger is going to get dunked on 78274895392 times this year.

I knew we shouldn't have traded Jeremy Tyler. :banghead:
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors

Post#48 » by floppymoose » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:23 pm

Sik Infant wrote:Our management did the right thing by not overpaying for Kwame, GS just made a mistake even though it's only for one year...they are on the books for 16m between Beans & him....that is ludicrous.

My Warriors have made a ton of ridiculous contracts over the years.

This Kwame contract isn't one of them.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,624

Post#49 » by fatlever » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:30 pm

this comment from the charlotte.com article made me laugh

boris can guard dwight howard? really? last i checked NOBODY could guard dwight howard and kwame was one of the few bodies that could actually contain him a bit. HOW MANY TIMES A YEAR DO WE PLAY RYAN HOLLINS? WHY ARE YOU EVEN TALKING ABOUT RYAN HOLLINS? RYAN HOLLINS DOESN'T EVEN TALK ABOUT RYAN HOLLINS.

eff rod higgins. seriously. go die somewhere dude you ruin basketball.

Posted by: charlottean | Dec 13, 2011 12:14:20 PM
SWedd523
RealGM

Post#50 » by SWedd523 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:32 pm

floppymoose wrote:

My Warriors have made a ton of ridiculous contracts over the years.

This Kwame contract isn't one of them.

By comparison, no.
By itself, it's a ridiculous contract.

and Fats, I commented on those people in a different thread somewhere. People on the observer website are beyond (Please Use More Appropriate Word)
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,624

Post#51 » by fatlever » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:40 pm

i am trying to think of all the crossover players coaches and gms between the warriors and bobcats recently.

lets see who we got...

kwame
s. silas
higgins
jax
maggette
raja
radmanovic
jrich
boykins
hughes
law
cartier martin

re-name the combine franchise the golden charlotte warcats

sadly the combined starting lineup would be the golden state lineup. i dont think a single bobcat could crack their starting team. they would start wright over maggette. the only chance at a bobcat starting would be if lee moved to center and tyrus or boris played pf.

sad.

but, hey, the bobcat would dominate the bench. +1
doc.end
General Manager
And1: 191

Post#52 » by doc.end » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:01 am

fatlever wrote:i am trying to think of all the crossover players coaches and gms between the warriors and bobcats recently.

lets see who we got...

kwame
s. silas
higgins
jax
maggette
raja
radmanovic
jrich
boykins
hughes
law
cartier martin

re-name the combine franchise the golden charlotte warcats

sadly the combined starting lineup would be the golden state lineup. i dont think a single bobcat could crack their starting team. they would start wright over maggette. the only chance at a bobcat starting would be if lee moved to center and tyrus or boris played pf.

sad.

but, hey, the bobcat would dominate the bench. +1

That's a pretty long list. And someone mentioned Jeremy Tyler, he kind of should be on that list too. Same with Brandan Wright. Yes, I know "who?".
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#53 » by BigSlam » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:13 am

fatlever wrote:i am trying to think of all the crossover players coaches and gms between the warriors and bobcats recently.

lets see who we got...

kwame
s. silas
higgins
jax
maggette
raja
radmanovic
jrich
boykins
hughes
law
cartier martin

Jermareo Davidson and Eduardo Najera think you suck.
B B M F 'ers
doc.end
General Manager

Post#54 » by doc.end » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:19 am

JerMareo, how could I forget. The guy with unique first name.
Jaruff
RealGM
And1: 16

Post#55 » by Jaruff » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:22 am

Speaking of Jeremy Tyler, that pick for money deal looks pretty dumb right now with Kwame leaving.
Kwame Brown Fan Club | Free Gilbert Arenas
penquin11
Sixth Man
And1: 148

Re: Kwame Brown 

Post#56 » by penquin11 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:32 am

BROWN wrote:Hey guys,

Warrior fan here, can you guys give me some insight on Kwame.... Correct me if I'm wrong, he seems like a decent defender and a decent rebounder with no real offensive game...

Anything else on his game?

Yes he cant catch worth sh*t his hands are made of bricks, also he is the first ever recorded NBA player to not to have opposable thumbs which contributes to his catching/grib problems.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:no, the DB's will just be thinking "damn, I thought that was going to be a run!" as they easily recover to intercept a Ponder pass 10 yards off the mark
Elden Payton
RealGM
And1: 2,591

Post#57 » by Elden Payton » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:40 am

Jaruff wrote:Speaking of Jeremy Tyler, that pick for money deal looks pretty dumb right now with Kwame leaving.

Agreed, that big body with potential is worth a lot more than 3m in cash right now.
doc.end
General Manager

Post#58 » by doc.end » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:50 am

Jaruff wrote:Speaking of Jeremy Tyler, that pick for money deal looks pretty dumb right now with Kwame leaving.

The pick was good, the trade wasn't. Well, let's just pretend we use those money on Bismack buyout (525k of them).

Warriors still gave Kwame 7M per year. Either their coaching staff continues to misuse bigs or Tyler isn't ready to say the least.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors

Post#59 » by floppymoose » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:21 am

Fats, you think it's sad that the Cats couldn't crack the W's lineup. And I think it's sad that the Warriors are destined for about a #10 pick, which they won't even get to keep. We are stuck in mediocrity. Cats at least have the chance to land a 2012 draft hero.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors

Post#60 » by floppymoose » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:24 am

And doc.end got it right: Tyler is not ready. He would not have been a center solution for you this season. Project.

Return to Charlotte Hornets