JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,164

Re: diaw needs to "GAIN some weight"... the center thread 

Post#21 » by JMAC3 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:10 am

BigSlam wrote:
Snidely FC wrote:Greg Smith is still unsigned & available

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Greg-Smith-5817/

I thought I read over the weekend that he had signed on as a camp invite somewhere?

He is only 6-9 ummm.....I think we pass... he has no experience and he would be undersized that doesn't so like a good plan.

I am down with Fesenko even if his knee is on the recovery he probably is better then Diop at this point and a hell of a lot cheaper.
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
Stun704
Lead Assistant
And1: 226

Post#22 » by Stun704 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:21 am

Snidely FC wrote:maybe this C crisis is the final reason to trade DJ?

DJ to Dallas for Mahinmi + Dominique Jones?

(Jonathan Givony on Dom Jones: "Looking for a poor man's John Wall? Take a look at Dominique Jones. He tied with Wall for longest wingspan among point guards in the 2010 class at 6-9 ¼, and measured out a half an inch taller as well. Jones is getting more and more buzz as we predicted in an article a few weeks ago, which highlighted him as one of the biggest sleepers in the draft." http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Dom ... ones-5052/

god no, no more give aways to dallas, I would like to never trade with them again, only way DJ goes to dallas if they take diop
Pimpwerx wrote:I was a fan of the Lakers...Yankees... It took me almost a decade to become a fan of the Miami teams...I know it's frowned upon, but if you can look at it as an outsider, it's easier to understand why it happens. PEACE.
Bassman
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,525

Post#23 » by Bassman » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:48 am

My frustration is the usual one I get this same time every season (the weeks just before the season starts).

1. Bobcats have major obvious need or gap prior to season starting.

2. Bobcat's front office explains how they will manage with players they have.

3. Players who could help us with our need get picked up or traded for while front office fiddles.

4. Bobcats suffer as their strategy of "making do" with existing players is a obvious failure.

5. Bobcats make deadline deals that are either too late or are dump moves.

6. Bobcats season is defined partially by what was NOT done prior to start of season.

Cho....wake us up from this annual stupidity. Get us a legit center. Fresenko if healthy, or deal for McGee.
I continue to wait...and hope...for the return to Hornet's glory.
BobsBuddy
Bench Warmer
And1: 100

Post#24 » by BobsBuddy » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:08 am

:x :x :oops: Bassman--this is embarrassing.. Ihope we add someone at center before 1st preseason game. We might be able to trade Diaws expiring to some team out therer in NBA land. for a center?
When's our first preseason game anyway? :cry: :cry:
doc.end
General Manager
And1: 191

Post#25 » by doc.end » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:48 am

Snidely FC wrote:I liked Mutumbo's Fesenko idea, but . . .

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/ ... ee-injury/

though injury happened in Sept so two months is now, only how sound is the knee?

Even better!
doc.end
General Manager

Post#26 » by doc.end » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:53 am

Mexicat is under contract (expiring this year), Dave.

No way, Wiz would trade McGee, Bass. Not just to us, but anybody. The held him pretty high (fans especially) and they are having pretty good training camp. They are gonna be good this season, maybe even trying to battle for last play off spots with Bucks, Sixers etc.
Nanogeek
Banned User
And1: 130

Post#27 » by Nanogeek » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:25 am

Bobcats should sign Sun Ming Ming for the crowd draw factor. In case you don't know, Sun is a 7'9" center playing semi-professionally.
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,833

Post#28 » by Diop » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:38 am

Sun Ming Ming played an exhibition match over here. He is a useless log.

But he certainly is tall.
Snidely FC
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,141

Post#29 » by Snidely FC » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:40 pm

Stun704 wrote:
Snidely FC wrote:maybe this C crisis is the final reason to trade DJ?

DJ to Dallas for Mahinmi + Dominique Jones?

(Jonathan Givony on Dom Jones: "Looking for a poor man's John Wall? Take a look at Dominique Jones. He tied with Wall for longest wingspan among point guards in the 2010 class at 6-9 ¼, and measured out a half an inch taller as well. Jones is getting more and more buzz as we predicted in an article a few weeks ago, which highlighted him as one of the biggest sleepers in the draft." http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Dom ... ones-5052/

god no, no more give aways to dallas, I would like to never trade with them again, only way DJ goes to dallas if they take diop

could see where this looks like a give away. but we'd get back two miniscule contracts who could be long term players for us. Mahinmi has quickness and athleticism for his size, could start for us this yr and be a good 2nd guy behind BB. DoJo has the size 6'4" we are looking for in a backup PG/combo guard. The guy can play just hasn't gotten opp yet. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhvcYUPIkZY
_tijo_
Hornets Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 335

Post#30 » by _tijo_ » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:55 pm

I love the fact that Diaw said he's on the "verge of losing weight". Meaning, he hasn't lost any weight. Good job B. Btw, I'm on the verge of growing a foot and a half and being the starting C on the 'Cats.

This is a season has 5 goals, none of which are winning this season:

1. Find out if DJ is a top 15 starting PG in this league. If drafting Kemba and his alpha personality doesn't push DJ there, he'll never get there.

2. Develop Kemba to be a future star, and drum up excitement for the team. If he can be exciting like DRose, then we can possibly attract free agents. Also develop the other young core players - Hendo and TT.

3. Allow dead contracts like Najera, Diaw, and even Maggette to expire another year. Or trade them to a contender for expirings or draft picks. Never ever trade away draft picks. Not now at least, now that Cho is in the fold. This draft is deep, get as many as you can.

4. Since you aren't going to win, use the lockout as a backdrop to say to the fans that now we can be good with this new structure, so get onboard now. Run promotions, community events, and even free tickets to games to get people interested in the Bobcats. Literally give tickets away and free hotdogs/soda/popcorn for families so that the arena is full... make the Bobcats a real viable place for people to go on a Wednesday night. Yeah you'll lose money this year... but it will get a movement started.

5. For C (and the point of this thread) - I think that Bizmack is the future at C, like Serge Ibaka in OKC. But here's the thing... I don't think MJ thinks you need a C to be a great team. Because MJ won 6 rings with the likes of Bill Cartwright, Will Perdue, Bill Wennington, and Luc Longley at C. So I don't think he'll ever put a big emphasis on it. The problem with that is... for that to work the Cats would need mid 90's MJ to play for them. So I think the Cats will ALWAYS have a C by committee, big bodies to just absorb fouls.
Who I woulda took:
2022: Duren | 2021: Bouknight, Jones | 2020: Ball | 2019: PJ | 2018: Porter Jr | 2017: Monk | 2016: Damian Jones | 2015: Winslow | 2014: Vonleh, Napier | 2013: McLemore | 2012: MKG | 2011: Knight, Kawhi
doc.end
General Manager

Post#31 » by doc.end » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:20 pm

Great post tijo, where have you been lately?
_tijo_
Hornets Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 335

Post#32 » by _tijo_ » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:28 pm

Hey doc, for a while I quit the Cats... too much ineptitude. But I gotta be honest, bringing in Cho, the deal to get Bizmack and Kemba and start over... well, it helped me come back in and start over with them. Hope they don't disappoint. Missed you guys, hope I can contribute again to the board.

Now can we get another Ammo comic? Maybe one when he's in Turkey or wherever he is?
Who I woulda took:
2022: Duren | 2021: Bouknight, Jones | 2020: Ball | 2019: PJ | 2018: Porter Jr | 2017: Monk | 2016: Damian Jones | 2015: Winslow | 2014: Vonleh, Napier | 2013: McLemore | 2012: MKG | 2011: Knight, Kawhi
doc.end
General Manager

Post#33 » by doc.end » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:42 pm

even better, Serbia, Belegrad, Crvena Zvezda (Red Star).
Eoghan
RealGM
And1: 3,293

Post#34 » by Eoghan » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:53 pm

Sachmo wrote:Sun Ming Ming played an exhibition match over here. He is a useless log.

But he certainly is tall.

Screw that, Gheorge Muresan looks like he can still ball, puts Danny Woodhead there to shame. :roll:

Mountain
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#35 » by Mountain » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:43 am

My choicies

Young and cost nothing
Fesenko
Byron BJ Mullen
Cole Aldrich
The Dream Thabeet

Experience with contract
Biedrins
Kaveman

Edit : Okafor might be available now
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,833

Post#36 » by Diop » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:46 am

Mountain wrote:My choicies

Young and cost nothing
Fesenko
Byron BJ Mullen
Cole Aldrich
The Dream Thabeet

Experience with contract
Biedrins
Kaveman

Ultimate Super Awesome Fill in
Marvin Ely

Fixed
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#37 » by BigSlam » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:59 am

How p*ssed must Boris be about now?

I bet he was looking forward to eating as much Foie gras, Duck breast, veal, Lobster With Beurre Blanc, Sauce Gribiche and Buttery Shrimp And Pasta required to bulk up to play the 5 spot.

Now we have Ely Boris might have to ease back a little on the good stuff.
B B M F 'ers
dmutombo321
Sixth Man
And1: 365

Post#38 » by dmutombo321 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:22 am

^^ hahaha

I was thinking the same thing. Diaw had the perfect pretext to fatten up with impunity.
MrMorrow
Sophomore
And1: 15

Post#39 » by MrMorrow » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:33 am

Now that we have Ely back on the roster, all we have to do is make a trade with Toronto to bring in Jamaal Magloire.
Eoghan
RealGM
And1: 3,293

Post#40 » by Eoghan » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:57 am

I actually like Cole Aldrich. If Matt Geiger can be turned into a serviceable big man, Cole can.

Return to Charlotte Hornets