ImageImage

News Flash!!!!!! LOSING IS BAD!!!!!

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

Battery
Analyst
And1: 158

Re: News Flash!!!!!! LOSING IS BAD!!!!! 

Post#21 » by Battery » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:51 pm

Paydro70 wrote:1) I am not interested in winning 50 games. I am interested in winning titles. The only way to do that (repeat: ONLY) is by getting a superstar. The only way for us to get a superstar is in the draft. Thus, losing to get a high draft pick is basically the only option if we actually want to contend.

2) I hardly think it's surprising that a team which has consistently lost money since its founding is interested in cutting costs, especially when its owner is not that rich. When you consider the reality that increasing its payroll comes with a penalty to future gains (in the form of draft picks), it's even less surprising that the team isn't eager to do it.

3) Even if we did adopt your strategy and go all-out to try to win, we would not be able to do so. I mean seriously, look at this list: http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/ ... gents-2011
Even if we signed ALL of them, we would not be a 50-win team. So why sign any of them, especially when we'd likely have to overpay? By the time this team is actually title-worthy, any of the veterans will be too old, and the younger guys (e.g., Rodney Stuckey) are not inspiring to say the least.

4) I basically agree with you that the team should at this point stock itself to the gills with as many players under 24 as they possibly can. The trouble is that this is not compatible with your desire to actually win games... if they're good, they're not signing with us, and if they're unknown, odds are they're bad. We'll be lucky, with a roster full of young free agents, if one or two of them prove worthy of more than an end-of-the-bench role. Mostly we'll do a lot of losing while we attempt to find out which of the young guys is actually worth something. But to me, that's the best strategy... not only do you give yourself a chance to find a young diamond in the rough, but the losing likely nets you a higher draft pick, which means one more shot at a superstar.

5) Nobody has to "learn how to win." You're either good, and win, or you're bad, and don't. The Thunder didn't need to "learn" how to win, they sucked for years, racked up a bunch of lotto picks, hit on a couple of stars, and immediately leapt out to 50 wins from 23. That's our formula. Worrying about whether Kemba Walker will have anybody around him (we frankly don't even know if he's good yet!) in his rookie season is, to me, absurd. We'll deal with his desire to leave us for a winner when that actually can happen, in 2015.

Wow Paydro, you just pulled out the big guns for that post. It's so beautiful you are making me :cry:
Snidely FC
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,141

Post#22 » by Snidely FC » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:29 pm

Good franchises make consistently good decisions. Especially personnel decisions. A team like OKC is good because they not only have young stars, but they also are forward thinking. They have young bigs on their bench that they are letting develop. A bad franchise makes consistently bad decisions. To Whit:

Melvin Ely.

What a stomach punch. Wow. A 33 yr old retread. Just wow.
David Mourtin
Ballboy
And1: 0

Hard To Say Sorry, but let's all do it 

Post#23 » by David Mourtin » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:40 pm

[Recommended to hear this song while reading the message]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqq3tW3iACw[/youtube]

Well, you were all wrong, you didn't believe, here there is the final proof, the CONTRACT:

Anyway, in this life you have to learn to forgive, so we forgive you, we forgive all of you, because we all are good persons that belong to the Gorgues Raphael fan club.

And now, let's everyone say sorry, sorry for not trusting, sorry for treating us like Mexicans, sorry for don't giving us a nice welcome as new Charlottians, just SORRY. I hope we all can be happy brothers supporting Bobcats until Gorgues gives us all the long-awaited ring :kiss :cuddle

Otherwise, you will always be the LoLcats, the poorest franchise all over the NBA, and when they move the franchise to New Mexico or some **** like that, no one will remember Charlotte, not even the Bobcats.
Afeitate Diaw
Ballboy

Re: Hard To Say Sorry, but let's all do it 

Post#24 » by Afeitate Diaw » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:53 pm

Where are you now, mate?

McDonalds' son 0-1 Sardinistas -like in Nicaragua, mate-

ATTENTION SPOILER :ALARM:
La teneis behind
MPM
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,708

Post#25 » by MPM » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:54 pm

What's a General Maganer?
Afeitate Diaw
Ballboy

Post#26 » by Afeitate Diaw » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:59 pm

MPM wrote:What's a General Maganer?

Dont offtopic this thread, mate.
Battery
Analyst

Post#27 » by Battery » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:13 pm

Even if this were true, nobody gives a sh*t. European coaches are terrible.
David Mourtin
Ballboy

Post#28 » by David Mourtin » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:31 pm

Battery wrote:Even if this were true, nobody gives a sh*t. European coaches are terrible.

Oh, come on, men, until when will you go on with this unacceptable anti-catalá racism?

PD: REPORTED.
Jaruff
RealGM
And1: 16

Post#29 » by Jaruff » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:58 pm

Not this **** again.

1. It's 33 EAST Trade Street, not "And"
2. Not even mentioning the numerous spelling errors you wouldn't see in an authentic document, the (1) beside the phone number clearly gives you away. Unlike Europe, we Americans don't format the country code like that and in many instances, we wouldn't even include the country code in the document.
3. I applaud the level of work put into this fictitious document. Still, it's quite obvious that it was authored by an European and not an American.

Most importantly:

Battery wrote:Even if this were true, nobody gives a sh*t. European coaches are terrible.

Imo, it would be big news if we hired a Spanish league HEAD COACH to be our HEAD COACH. This, well, whatever you want to call it; not a big deal. Melvin Ely would receive more attention than a new quality control coordinator on the coaching staff. Hell, I think the only coach we had a thread for this off-season was Oakley and that's only due to his back problems.
Kwame Brown Fan Club | Free Gilbert Arenas
Battery
Analyst

Post#30 » by Battery » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:30 pm

David Mourtin wrote:

Oh, come on, men, until when will you go on with this unacceptable anti-catalá racism?

PD: REPORTED.

I don't even know what catalá is nor do I care. Nobody finds your Euro-humor funny. Take it to the Switzerland board.
David Mourtin
Ballboy

Post#31 » by David Mourtin » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:58 pm

Battery wrote:I don't even know what catalá is nor do I care. Nobody finds your Euro-humor funny. Take it to the Switzerland board.

Well, at least now you know that we are not from Mexico :usa:
doc.end
General Manager
And1: 191

Post#32 » by doc.end » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:21 pm

Could REALGM ban all spanish IPs? It could help. They are not funny, never were and there is actually no need to tolerate these lower beings on this board. They are as boring as Barcelona and full of them as well.
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,172

Post#33 » by SWedd523 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:22 pm

They're back!

This thread needs more:

David Mourtin
Ballboy

Post#34 » by David Mourtin » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:18 pm

doc.end wrote:Could REALGM ban all spanish IPs? It could help. They are not funny, never were and there is actually no need to tolerate these lower beings on this board. They are as boring as Barcelona and full of them as well.

Come on, doc, don't be stalinist. Are you czech? How did you become a LoLcats fan?
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,624

Post#35 » by fatlever » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:31 pm

for the record, this board is very international so i don't get the insinuations that the board is some ignorant american board that has something against spain or spanish posters. suggesting otherwise makes you appear to the ignorant one.

from the just the core group of posters on this board the following countries are represented:
USA
Canada
Australia
Czech Rep
Spain (not including the recent influx)
France
Germany
Latvia
Slovenia
Philippines
Japan
(who am i forgetting)

so please feel free to stick around and post because all nationalities are welcome here as long as they conform to the forum mores.

Return to Charlotte Hornets