ImageImage

GT: Bobcats Vs Hawks - Preseason Game #1

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

Marvel
RealGM
And1: 14,289

Re: GT: Bobcats Vs Hawks - Preseason Game #1 

Post#141 » by Marvel » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:30 am

lol Diaw - consistent? I never thought i'd live to see the day where those 2 words - Diaw and consistent - could exist in the same sentence.
Stun704
Lead Assistant
And1: 226

Post#142 » by Stun704 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:22 am

Diaw is in a contract year people, you guys will witness a whole new meow
Pimpwerx wrote:I was a fan of the Lakers...Yankees... It took me almost a decade to become a fan of the Miami teams...I know it's frowned upon, but if you can look at it as an outsider, it's easier to understand why it happens. PEACE.
Jmonty580
General Manager
And1: 404

Post#143 » by Jmonty580 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:31 pm

Watched this game last night, and I'll be watching alot more bobcats games this year. Kemba is a treat to watch out there. Good things were happening when he was on the court. He made living at the free throw line which is VERY good news for you guys. His shot was a little off, but as you can see when its not going in he find other ways to get involved, like taking it into the lane. I dont see how Kemba doesnt become the starting pg here. Watching the game all energy and any sense of leadership seemed to leave the floor when Kemba would sit down and Dj would step in. Kemba looked exactly how he did in college offensively, he's going to have his way with teams around the league, looking forward to see him progress with you guys.
LamarMatic7
Hornets Forum High-End Journalist
And1: 2,351

Post#144 » by LamarMatic7 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:53 pm

Stun704 wrote:Diaw is in a contract year people, you guys will witness a whole new meow

Exactly. I was wondering what had got into him after seeing him run the floor like that. Then I realised it's his contract year.

Gana looks just terrible. You could see that he played hard and really gave an effort, yet he is just so out of shape. I'd say that he couldn't even dunk in game situation right now. He couldn't even get up for a rebound properly. After seeing his condition, I'm glad we have a big body like Mullens on the roster.

Am I the only one who noticed that Vlade's surname on his jersey had an error and was spelled "Radmanvic"?
bobcats3wallace
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#145 » by bobcats3wallace » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:15 pm

hotrod, saw you guys out there! Pretty awkward long period of waving, haha.

Just wondering but did you happen to notice Rich Cho sitting in the stands with his family? Early on, I think still in the 1st quarter, they were showing views of fans in the stands. I swear that Cho was sitting there with a women, two kids, and they were eating cotton candy. 99 percent sure it was Cho, had same clothes on as what he had on during video of Bismack signing. Did you catch that?
Kembastockton
Hornets Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 56

Post#146 » by Kembastockton » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:59 pm

Marvel wrote:lol Diaw - consistent? I never thought i'd live to see the day where those 2 words - Diaw and consistent - could exist in the same sentence.

Diaw has probably been our most consistent player since he has been here. He never misses games. He always plays good team ball, and he always chips in his 10 to 15 points with about 3 or 4 assists. The problem is that we all know that he can do better if he would get in shape and play harder.
Battery
Analyst
And1: 158

Post#147 » by Battery » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:47 pm

DJQuick wrote:
Marvel wrote:lol Diaw - consistent? I never thought i'd live to see the day where those 2 words - Diaw and consistent - could exist in the same sentence.

Diaw has probably been our most consistent player since he has been here. He never misses games. He always plays good team ball, and he always chips in his 10 to 15 points with about 3 or 4 assists. The problem is that we all know that he can do better if he would get in shape and play harder.

So basically he's been consistently underwhelming? :-?
Jaruff
RealGM
And1: 16

Post#148 » by Jaruff » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:02 pm

LamarMatic7 wrote:
Stun704 wrote:Diaw is in a contract year people, you guys will witness a whole new meow

Exactly. I was wondering what had got into him after seeing him run the floor like that. Then I realised it's his contract year.

Gana looks just terrible. You could see that he played hard and really gave an effort, yet he is just so out of shape. I'd say that he couldn't even dunk in game situation right now. He couldn't even get up for a rebound properly. After seeing his condition, I'm glad we have a big body like Mullens on the roster.

Am I the only one who noticed that Vlade's surname on his jersey had an error and was spelled "Radmanvic"?

I disagree. He tore his ACL a year ago and you can't expect him to be 100%. He's always been a heavy guy too. I liked what I saw from him last night and I think Silas will have him playing at a high level.

He should be the starting center with 15-20mpg.
Kwame Brown Fan Club | Free Gilbert Arenas
captaincrunk
Banned User

Post#149 » by captaincrunk » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:45 pm

DJQuick wrote:

Last year he had 11 pts a game. But he did get his 4 assists.

But there are nights where he literally doesn't take a single shot. How the hell is that supposed to be consistent?
hotrod
Veteran
And1: 150

Post#150 » by hotrod » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:19 pm

bobcats3wallace wrote:hotrod, saw you guys out there! Pretty awkward long period of waving, haha.

Just wondering but did you happen to notice Rich Cho sitting in the stands with his family? Early on, I think still in the 1st quarter, they were showing views of fans in the stands. I swear that Cho was sitting there with a women, two kids, and they were eating cotton candy. 99 percent sure it was Cho, had same clothes on as what he had on during video of Bismack signing. Did you catch that?

It was Cho. Pretty sure that was his family too. He is a good guy. I met him over the summer when they had a meet and greet.

By the way, you are right, it was awkward standing there waving at the camera. Seem like an eternity.
bobcats3wallace
Analyst

Post#151 » by bobcats3wallace » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:25 pm

Thought it was him. Really cool to see your GM siting amongst the crowd with his family just the same as everyone else there.
Kembastockton
Hornets Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 56

Post#152 » by Kembastockton » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:18 am

Battery wrote:
DJQuick wrote:

So basically he's been consistently underwhelming? :-?

:nod:

Return to Charlotte Hornets