Rhymes with Nintendo - The Gerald Henderson Thread

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Rhymes with Nintendo - The Gerald Henderson Thread 

Post#1 » by BigSlam » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:14 pm

Jordan has taken a great personal interest in Henderson’s development. It started before the lockout when Jordan advised Henderson to focus on his ball handling, because without the ability to drive to the rim, Henderson was forfeiting what’s best about his game.

Over time, they’ve developed a bond

What a great opportunity for Hendo and I couldn't agree with this more. Been saying it all season - I'm fine with Hendo not having a three point shot, so long as he improves his handle and can get to the rack.

I told him to work at shooting 50 percent from the field – don’t just take a lot of shots. And free throws are just what they sound like – free points. Someone with his abilities should be getting to the line all the time.”

The video staff found examples of how Kobe Bryant and Carmelo Anthony create trips to the foul line in just the way Henderson should emulate

Hope he's watching a lot of Wade tape too.

After watching the video that MJ put together for Hendo:

Henderson started attacking, and he has 31 free-throw attempts in his past three games. He took 16 free throws in the first 12.

Jordan is Henderson’s biggest advocate. When former coach Larry Brown suggested trading Henderson because he wasn’t playing, Jordan always countered it was too early to give up on Henderson’s potential.

Larry the Clown. Probably wanted to trade for a Michael Finley type replacement.

:lol:

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/0 ... cceed.html
B B M F 'ers
hotrod
Veteran
And1: 150

Re: Bobcats Owner Michael Jordan Mentors Gerald Henderson 

Post#2 » by hotrod » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:24 pm

Glad to see this. Hendo has huge upside. With MJ's help and Hendo's drive, I think he'll realize it.
Fred Williamson
Lead Assistant
And1: 517

Post#3 » by Fred Williamson » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:40 pm

now I hate LB even more. seriously, what a sad, old clown.

If he was still the coach he'd probably trade Kemba and Bismack for Earl Watson and Marcus Camby. and Henderson for a late first.

playoffs!!!! hurrrr durrr
-Ian-
Analyst
And1: 849

Post#4 » by -Ian- » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:52 pm

It's about time. I'm really hoping before that MJ would take Hendo under his wing.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,621

Post#5 » by fatlever » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:09 pm

its about time hendo had his own thread anyway. good article.

least shocking part of the article... that larry brown tried to trade hendo before ever giving him a chance to play.

i wonder if MJ included some video of maggette. haha.

hendo's ppg avg could end up around 17 this year if he maintains just some of this ft aggression.

suck on that paul george and demarr derozan.
thruthefire
Head Coach
And1: 600

Post#6 » by thruthefire » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:21 pm

DeRozan average 17 last season, but I think it's fair to rate Hendo ahead of him at this point.

I'd still like to see Hendo develop a three-point shot. If he can knock down contested midrange jumpers, he should be able to make open three-pointers.
Humble yourself.
bobcats3wallace
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#7 » by bobcats3wallace » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:49 pm

Love the progression of Hendo and everything he has shown so far. Of any player on this team, RIGHT NOW he is the most clutch. Perhaps Kemba can grow into that as well, but right now when Hendo has the ball in his hands late in a tight game, I have full confidence he will make something happen. The best thing? I feel exactly the same way when he is guarding the opponents best player on defense in a tight game. I think Hendo will continue to improve. This offseason will be huge for him. He will finally get the chance to work at the facility to improve his 3 point shot and handles. We have seen improvement already, but just wait until he can talk to the coaches and perhaps even have MJ out there physically teaching him.

Anyway, I think it's safe to say that Hendo IS our future starting SG. For as much as MJ gets flack for his talent evaluations, he sure did make a good decision on Hendo.
captaincrunk
Banned User

Post#8 » by captaincrunk » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:25 pm

bobcats3wallace wrote:Anyway, I think it's safe to say that Hendo IS our future starting SG. For as much as MJ gets flack for his talent evaluations, he sure did make a good decision on Hendo.

And Hendo wasn't even a top ten pick, was he?
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,171

Post#9 » by SWedd523 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:33 pm

bobcats3wallace wrote:Anyway, I think it's safe to say that Hendo IS our future starting SG. For as much as MJ gets flack for his talent evaluations, he sure did make a good decision on Hendo.

As of now.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#10 » by BigSlam » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:41 pm

Hendo's stats as our starting SF (3 games):

21.7 ppg (on only 12.7 fga per game and 57% shooting from the floor!!!)
10.3 fta per game (making 7.0% of them or 67.7% - that conversion rate has to improve)
4.3 rpg
2.3 apg

in 38:17 mpg

Pretty tasty numbers.
B B M F 'ers
gordito
Rookie
And1: 33

Post#11 » by gordito » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:17 pm

captaincrunk wrote:

And Hendo wasn't even a top ten pick, was he?

Nope. #12. Nonetheless, a lotto pick though. A very under the radar lotto pick.
bobcats3wallace
Analyst

Post#12 » by bobcats3wallace » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:25 pm

SWEDD523 wrote:

As of now.

I know you like Lamb, but I don't think that MJ plans on replacing Hendo in this draft. If we draft Lamb it will be as a guy we think will play WITH Hendo.
Marvel
RealGM
And1: 14,287

Post#13 » by Marvel » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:24 pm

Hendo > Lamb.

No seriously, i always said Hendo was our future SG and i always said he has the work ethic to develop/improve on his weaknesses, his dribbling for example. His 3 point shot should be the last thing he develops, like MJ said, if he can constantly attack and get to the FT line while shooting 50% form the field he won't need to be a threat from 3. Similar to what type of player MJ was.

All this and we get lockdown D....i mean if you ain't happy with that than you probably ain't happy with life.

And i'm so glad to hear that MJ is mentoring him, imparting his legacy - words of wisdom to Hendo.
Stun704
Lead Assistant
And1: 226

Post#14 » by Stun704 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:25 pm

Pimpwerx wrote:I was a fan of the Lakers...Yankees... It took me almost a decade to become a fan of the Miami teams...I know it's frowned upon, but if you can look at it as an outsider, it's easier to understand why it happens. PEACE.
Marvel
RealGM
And1: 14,287

Post#15 » by Marvel » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:37 am

LOL i just read crunk's post in that thread and he says he doesn't compare Hendo to Wade or MJ???

Crunk, come on you know i got your comment on Hendo > MJ right?

He looked BAD under Larry Clown though, that's how much Larry ruined players, even players as great as Hendo.
captaincrunk
Banned User

Post#16 » by captaincrunk » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:40 am

Marvel wrote:LOL i just read crunk's post in that thread and he says he doesn't compare Hendo to Wade or MJ???

In the same way that I don't compare a Miati to a Modena.
Marvel wrote:Crunk, come on you know i got your comment on Hendo > MJ right?

That was for the lulz.
Kembastockton
Hornets Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 56

Post#17 » by Kembastockton » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:57 pm

hotrod wrote:Glad to see this. Hendo has huge upside. With MJ's help and Hendo's drive, I think he'll realize it.

Now Cho just needs to get Hendo his Pippen. Barnes? Gilchrist? Miller? Who will it be?
captaincrunk
Banned User

Post#18 » by captaincrunk » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:10 pm

DJQuick wrote:
hotrod wrote:Glad to see this. Hendo has huge upside. With MJ's help and Hendo's drive, I think he'll realize it.

Now Cho just needs to get Hendo his Pippen. Barnes? Gilchrist? Miller? Who will it be?

Is Biyombo his Rodman?
Stun704
Lead Assistant
And1: 226

Post#19 » by Stun704 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:19 pm

captaincrunk wrote:
DJQuick wrote:

Is Biyombo his Rodman?

:rock: mullens is his luc longley
Pimpwerx wrote:I was a fan of the Lakers...Yankees... It took me almost a decade to become a fan of the Miami teams...I know it's frowned upon, but if you can look at it as an outsider, it's easier to understand why it happens. PEACE.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,621

Post#20 » by fatlever » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:37 pm

augustin is bj armstrong. diaw is kukoc. carroll is craig hodges.

Return to Charlotte Hornets