The Trade Thread

Moderators: BigSlam, JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben

HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,649

The Trade Thread 

Post#1 » by HornetJail » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:12 pm

Try saying this really fast five times.

I figured since we're talking about trades a lot recently in a few different threads, all trade ideas could go here to keep things more organized.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,785

Re: The Trade Thread 

Post#2 » by fatlever » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:52 pm

you know i love a good organized thread. works for me.
doc.end
General Manager
And1: 191

Post#3 » by doc.end » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:54 pm

Chrbal on the scene, please! Chrbal on the scene!
lmcguir5
Pro Prospect
And1: 83

Post#4 » by lmcguir5 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:00 pm

The bobcats send to Portland
Tyrus Thomas & Jeffrey Taylor & 2nd rd pick

The Trailblazers Send to Charlotte:
Wesley Matthews

Let's face it, Matthews is one of the blazers best young players, but they may look to get the most out of him before FA becomes an issue. It would be hard to see Matthews wanting to stay in Portland on a long term deal. Out of this deal Portland gets a players who looks like he could use a fresh start in Tyrus Thomas, a young guard who can play shutdown D in Jeff Taylor, and a 2nd rd pick to add depth.

This trade makes perfect sense for Charlotte. Wesley Matthews could be the piece that makes the Bobcats a perennial playoff team. This shores up the 2 spot and makes Gerald Henderson a tradeable piece who has pretty good value. We could get a draft pick here and get an athletic big through the draft. Contract situations are also fixed and we could take a serious look at giving Matthews a long-term deal.

Thoughts, questions, suggestions?
Mike Malone was never given a fair chance in Sacramento, and Ranadive will soon come to regret that, when he's on top of the WC inevitably contending somewhere
penquin11
Sixth Man
And1: 148

Post#5 » by penquin11 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:07 pm

lmcguir5 wrote:The bobcats send to Portland

Wesley Matthews

Let's face it, Matthews is one of the blazers best young players, but they may look to get the most out of him before FA becomes an issue. It would be hard to see Matthews wanting to stay in Portland on a long term deal. Out of this deal Portland gets a players who looks like he could use a fresh start in Tyrus Thomas, a young guard who can play shutdown D in Jeff Taylor, and a 2nd rd pick to add depth.

This trade makes perfect sense for Charlotte. Wesley Matthews could be the piece that makes the Bobcats a perennial playoff team. This shores up the 2 spot and makes Gerald Henderson a tradeable piece who has pretty good value. We could get a draft pick here and get an athletic big through the draft. Contract situations are also fixed and we could take a serious look at giving Matthews a long-term deal.

He has a ridiculous contract if I remember correctly. I wouldn't make this trade simply because Taylor is already a better defender while also looking like he is a more athletic version of Matthews in the first place (perhaps with better handles as well).

Players on the Bobcats I wouldn't trade (at the moment):
Byron Mullens: Since we first got him last year he has improved more than any other Bobcat player (that includes Kemba). If he continues to better his game over the season then he could become one of the few legitemate bigmen starters in the league (and he is 7ft tall!).
Kemba
MKG
Taylor
Devilzsidewalk wrote:no, the DB's will just be thinking "damn, I thought that was going to be a run!" as they easily recover to intercept a Ponder pass 10 yards off the mark
Elden Payton
RealGM
And1: 2,592

Post#6 » by Elden Payton » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:39 pm

Bump the future of the Bobcats thread?

There's some pearlers in there.
HornetJail
RealGM

Post#7 » by HornetJail » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:15 am

lmcguir5 wrote:The bobcats send to Portland

Wesley Matthews

I'd rather just amnesty Thomas next year. We have no reason to trade JT yet, whose ceiling is higher than Matthews IMO. Matthews is also a bit overpaid and plays the same position as Gordon and Hendo. Unnecessary.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#8 » by chrbal » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:23 am

The Warrick/Carroll (which I will reference any chance I remotely can work in) was just too obvious when you pieced some things together). Need for a big, team with no use for said player, slight $ savings for other team.

Well, what does Charlotte really need at this point? The only things I would look for our teams willing to cough up picks to dump salary (see: only way Diop actually gets traded). The problem with that is Orlando (who i think would make a ton of sense) has a lot of their "moveables" on 3 year contracts. Plus you don't want take back too sh**ty of a player (Francisco Garcia).

Wes Matthews has two more years (after this one) until his contract expires, so can't imagine Portland getting that desperate now.

I would like to see this team add Daniel Gibson to the bench, but I don't one reason why Cleveland would trade with us.
HornetJail
RealGM

Post#9 » by HornetJail » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:37 am

How about this: Shawn Marion and Vince Carter for Diop, Warrick, 2014 2nd. Marion can mentor MKG (I think Marion is the closest comparison I can think of for MKG) and Marion would hold down the 4 spot quite nicely. We can trade VC to a contender. Dallas needs size now with all the injuries they have, plus they want to clear as much cap space for 2013 free agency.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#10 » by fatlever » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:59 am

from now on, lets use this dedicated trade thread for any make-believe threads. only start a new thread if a trade is a rumor that is being discussed in the media or a real trade that has been executed.

i will be new locking make-believe trade threads.

this thread will be linked in the index thread for easy finding.

thanks.
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 18,037

Post#11 » by Diop » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:25 am

I can see Diop getting traded as he would be handy in the playoffs against Howard.
That's pretty much his only value, he is strong enough not to get bullied by Howard and experienced enough to use his 6 fouls properly. He is useless offensively but you would throw him in for a couple of minutes here and there.

I would prefer Diop defending Howard than Joel Anthony.

That said, I can't imagine us getting offered anything good for him.
They_Them_Hatin
Sixth Man
And1: 550

Post#12 » by They_Them_Hatin » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:12 pm

I don't think either team gives up on these 2 yet because they are rookies but fit wise they are perfect
Bobcats trade Bismack biyombo/ Jeff Taylor
Gets Thomas Robinson
Yes I consider biz a rookie
Why we need a scoring big. Trob is more of a scoring big.
Kings need a shot blocker next to cousins. Kings were playing good when they had dalambert at c and cousins at pf.
The kings are trying to balance their roster.

I know both are struggling and are projects but they balance each teams roster.
_tijo_
Hornets Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 335

Post#13 » by _tijo_ » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:49 pm

Bobcats trade TT/Diop/Biz/Hendo for Lebron/Wade

Let's face it, the Heat aren't getting any younger... with Wade on the obvious decline and getting hurt so often, it's about time they start to see what value they can get for him. While Lebron is the greatest player in the league right now, the Heat are terribly small, and can't match up with the Lakers size. So they get bigger, get an expiring in Diop, and get a replacement for Wade and Lebron in Hendo and TT. They still have Bosh, who by all accounts last playoffs, is their most indispensable player. Gives them shot blocking on the defensive end, makes them younger, and if I remember correctly, Biz pretty much shuts down Dwight Howard.

This is a fantasy trade thread, right?
Who I woulda took:
2023: Miller | 2022: Duren | 2021: Bouknight, Jones | 2020: Ball | 2019: PJ | 2018: MPJ | 2017: Monk | 2016: Damian Jones | 2015: Winslow | 2014: Vonleh, Napier | 2013: McLemore | 2012: MKG | 2011: Knight, Kawhi
BobsBuddy
Bench Warmer
And1: 100

Post#14 » by BobsBuddy » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:02 pm

:D :D I agree also with common thread and it gives "idiots" like myself an outlet to throw out crazy trades for comments from the "experts"....Now with TT out for 2 months (probably the rest of the season) we need to make a trade for another big...Here's 4 ideas for the experts to ponder:
6160885 Cleveland Casspi for RWill Why: Cleveland needs point/Swing man (irving out 4 Weeks) Rwill contract expires end of season. Casspi gives us 6'9' big who can rebound and shoot 3's.
6160889 Chicago Radmanovic for Higgens..Why..Chicago needs backup cheap point guards and Radmonvic expiring contract is sitting anyway and is anothe big we could use this season to split time with Mully and Warrick at 4.
6160902 Washington Ariza and Booker for Hendo,Biz,Rwill Why..Washington 0-9 Record has to not be happy with players and should be looking for trades. They get alot younger with this trade ..Hendo starts at 3 and backs up Beal at 2...Biz along with Hendo makes them defensively stronger and Rwill gives them Swing man at 3,2, or point.
Ariza shares time at 3 with Mkg and gives us more offensive firepower. Booker althought young and 6'7"240 is a very young Barkley style "big" at 4
6160907...Houston Aldridge for Rwill Why: Rwill at swing man more valuable backing up Parsons and Harden than Aldridge and we need to take a chance on a backup center for Haywood . Cho knows Aldridge from OKC. Both players contracts expire end of season.

Your Thoughts?
Bassman
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,598

Post#15 » by Bassman » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:03 pm

Nobody is gonna take junk for anything worthwhile. The Warrick trade was great value. Any trade that would be significant needs to bring us a quality starting player at either the 2, 5 or 4. Mullens is really developing into a decent player. He's finally discovered his own body, which is not built to be a 6-6 SF jacking up jumpers all day. I think he's worth developing and hanging onto. But, I don't see a quality young 5 or 4 that we could get at this point.

Our best approach would be to deal Hendo and Biz for a bonified starting 2 guard that could be our deadly go-to player. Who could that be???
I continue to wait...and hope...for the return to Hornet's glory.
Kembastockton
Hornets Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 56

Post#16 » by Kembastockton » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:12 pm

He has a ridiculous contract if I remember correctly. I wouldn't make this trade simply because Taylor is already a better defender while also looking like he is a more athletic version of Matthews in the first place (perhaps with better handles as well).

I'd rather just amnesty Thomas next year. We have no reason to trade JT yet, whose ceiling is higher than Matthews IMO. Matthews is also a bit overpaid and plays the same position as Gordon and Hendo. Unnecessary.

You two do realize that Matthews is averaging 16 ppg as the blazers third or fourth option right?

CHA_77_Bobcats wrote:How about this: Shawn Marion and Vince Carter for Diop, Warrick, 2014 2nd. Marion can mentor MKG (I think Marion is the closest comparison I can think of for MKG) and Marion would hold down the 4 spot quite nicely. We can trade VC to a contender. Dallas needs size now with all the injuries they have, plus they want to clear as much cap space for 2013 free agency.

Have you seen Marion's contract info? No way we pay him and Tyrus especially since they play the same position. Plus, we want cap space for free agency too!
BobsBuddy
Bench Warmer
And1: 100

Post#17 » by BobsBuddy » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:58 pm

:) :) ok Bassman.. I agree with you about the two guard.. how about this..
trade checker 6160947 Diop, Hendo,Biz to Detroit for Stuckey, Daye, Kratsov. Stuckey is our go to finisher along with Gordon.
We have this year and next to evaluate Stuckey at 2, Daye backs up Mkg at 3 and can shoot 3s and is 6'11"
Kratsov is our backup center, is a big 25 year old
Euro banger basically untested. but if he doen't work out we let him go after this season and use his salary and Rwills expiring to pick up another FA backup center. We cannot make this trade until after 12-15-2012.

Lets hear your take on this and other options?
catch20two
RealGM
And1: 4,666

Post#18 » by catch20two » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:12 pm

BobsBuddy wrote::) :) ok Bassman.. I agree with you about the two guard.. how about this..
trade checker 6160947 Diop, Hendo,Biz to Detroit for Stuckey, Daye, Kratsov. Stuckey is our go to finisher along with Gordon.
We have this year and next to evaluate Stuckey at 2, Daye backs up Mkg at 3 and can shoot 3s and is 6'11"
Kratsov is our backup center, is a big 25 year old
Euro banger basically untested. but if he doen't work out we let him go after this season and use his salary and Rwills expiring to pick up another FA backup center. We cannot make this trade until after 12-15-2012.

Lets hear your take on this and other options?

Stuckey?!? WTF

:argue:

I'd rather keep Hendo then to trade for Stuckey.
They will wage war against the Lamb but the Lamb will triumph them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings - and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers." Revelation 17:14 (NIV)
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#19 » by fatlever » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:36 pm

bobsbuddy - why are you so intent on traded biz?
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,255

Post#20 » by SWedd523 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:45 pm

We should rename this the Horrible Trades Thread

Return to Charlotte Hornets