ImageImage

McJesus - The Josh McRoberts Thread

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,539

Re: Dayman Cometh - The Josh McRoberts Thread 

Post#381 » by HornetJail » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:46 pm

mrknowitall215 wrote:Josh McRoberts is just 'serviceable', and shouldn't be considered a core piece that the team should hesitate to upgrade on. I understand his value to Charlotte, especially considering that Byron Mullens was the starting PF for a majority of last season, but if the Bobcats had a player of per se Amir Johnson of the Raptors caliber at starting PF they would have at least +3 wins on their record. The things that McRoberts do like floor spacing & facilitating is a luxury, but a player that can consistently score or rebound in double-figures would take this team a lot further. I don't take McRoberts' presence for granted, but I think he's replaceable --- easily --- for about $5 million annually

I don't disagree, but would a Jason Thompson-esque player (the kind of player you'd expect to receive at 5M) is he really better than McBob, who has been our "connecter" and has great chemistry with the rest of the team?
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
mrknowitall215
RealGM
And1: 2,384

Post#382 » by mrknowitall215 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:51 pm

Biz Gilwalker wrote:
mrknowitall215 wrote:Josh McRoberts is just 'serviceable', and shouldn't be considered a core piece that the team should hesitate to upgrade on. I understand his value to Charlotte, especially considering that Byron Mullens was the starting PF for a majority of last season, but if the Bobcats had a player of per se Amir Johnson of the Raptors caliber at starting PF they would have at least +3 wins on their record. The things that McRoberts do like floor spacing & facilitating is a luxury, but a player that can consistently score or rebound in double-figures would take this team a lot further. I don't take McRoberts' presence for granted, but I think he's replaceable --- easily --- for about $5 million annually

I don't disagree, but would a Jason Thompson-esque player (the kind of player you'd expect to receive at 5M) is he really better than McBob, who has been our "connecter" and has great chemistry with the rest of the team?

I'm unsure about Jason Thompson, due to his Kings alliance it's difficult to decipher his effectiveness, but I'd take Brandan Wright, Taj Gibson, Terrence Jones, and either one of the Morris twins over McRoberts, and expect more wins
HornetJail
RealGM

Post#383 » by HornetJail » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:00 pm

mrknowitall215 wrote:
Biz Gilwalker wrote:

I'm unsure about Jason Thompson, due to his Kings alliance it's difficult to decipher his effectiveness, but I'd take Brandan Wright, Taj Gibson, Terrence Jones, and either one of the Morris twins over McRoberts, and expect more wins

Taj, Terrence Jones, and Markieff Morris are obvious upgrades. Wright... I've always been uncertain of him. I think he's in a tier with McBob but don't think I'd take him over McBob. Marcus Morris, I'm not real sure about either.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,654

Post#384 » by yosemiteben » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:32 pm

The problem with finding a McBob replacement is that it had to be someone who can handle the ball, create space and help create for others on offense. We need a stretch 4. I feel like Taj primarily operates closer to the basket and is more of a scorer than a facilitator.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,123

Post#385 » by JDR720 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:38 pm

yosemiteben wrote:The problem with finding a McBob replacement is that it had to be someone who can handle the ball, create space and help create for others on offense. We need a stretch 4. I feel like Taj primarily operates closer to the basket and is more of a scorer than a facilitator.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

not really, we don't have to have a PF that plays like a PG im pretty sure that isn't the normal Clifford offense we are just doing it this way because we have McBob
mrknowitall215
RealGM

Post#386 » by mrknowitall215 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:46 pm

I've witnessed enough winning teams play conventional basketball with a PF that scores in the low post, occasionally shooting midrange jump shots, without the ability to dribble & create for others to believe that Charlotte has to have a PF that plays like McRoberts to succeed
Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,148

Post#387 » by Braggins » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:36 am

Wow, I'm so glad other people think McBob looks like Charlie Kelly!
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,621

Post#388 » by fatlever » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:04 am

fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#389 » by fatlever » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:43 pm

bbtb tweeted this out

mrknowitall215
RealGM

Post#390 » by mrknowitall215 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:50 pm

Somebody said that when McRoberts dunked over Birdman that it resembled what it would look like if Jesus and Satan played basketball 1-on-1. I got a good laugh out of that
HornetJail
RealGM

Post#391 » by HornetJail » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:21 pm

Birdman got McBaptized
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,123

Post#392 » by JDR720 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:29 pm

Snidely FC
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,141

Post#393 » by Snidely FC » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:05 am

Eoghan
RealGM
And1: 3,293

Post#394 » by Eoghan » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:15 am

(An aside on his two seasons at Duke: McRoberts said playing for Mike Krzyzewski “wasn’t the best fit for me, that’s all I’ll say … I probably stayed longer than I should have.”) - See more at: http://courier-tribune.com/sports/josh- ... 0cxhW.dpuf

I thought this was pretty funny. I always thought Josh was used terribly at Duke.
Snidely FC
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,141

Post#395 » by Snidely FC » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:05 pm

Josh Got McRobbed

I never could understand how they don't award a flagrant foul, yet then they levy a fine.

All I know is whatever amount Josh signs on his next contract, the team should add 20 Grand.
catch20two
RealGM
And1: 4,666

Post#396 » by catch20two » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:26 pm

McBob did what was needed. I'm still a little shocked that they upgraded it to a flagrant 2 instead of a flagrant 1 tho. I guess they wanted to make sure we didn't do it again because I'm sure we'll think twice before laying a hard foul next game.
They will wage war against the Lamb but the Lamb will triumph them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings - and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers." Revelation 17:14 (NIV)
HornetJail
RealGM

Post#397 » by HornetJail » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:01 pm

Snidely FC wrote:Josh Got McRobbed

I never could understand how they don't award a flagrant foul, yet then they levy a fine.

All I know is whatever amount Josh signs on his next contract, the team should add 20 Grand.

I bet Josh McRoberts has been talked about more in the last 24 hours than in the last 24 months combined.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Re: McJesus - The Josh McRoberts Thread 

Post#398 » by fatlever » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:02 pm

thread title changed
LamarMatic7
Hornets Forum High-End Journalist
And1: 2,351

Post#399 » by LamarMatic7 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:51 pm

I wonder why none of the Heat fans have brought up this eerily similar play:

Go to 1:30:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6aepD8p32Y[/youtube]

or did I just give a lurking Miami fan evidence to fuel the "**** McRoberts" campaign?
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,239

Post#400 » by amcoolio » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:55 pm

LamarMatic7 wrote:I wonder why none of the Heat fans have brought up this eerily similar play:

or did I just give a lurking Miami fan evidence to fuel the "**** McRoberts" campaign?

They probably don't remember...remember most Heat fans in this era only tune in during the playoffs
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles

Return to Charlotte Hornets