thesneakysneak
Pro Prospect
And1: 272

Re: Bobcats will call up Chris Douglas-Roberts 

Post#301 » by thesneakysneak » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:41 pm

LofJ wrote:
mrknowitall215 wrote:
Snidely FC wrote:what do you mean?

To piggyback 'catch20two's post from December of 2013 and 'Snidely FC's questioned reply...

...moments like this should be able to answer it rhetorically...

They only thing that comes to mind to me are the comments he made about the war on terror, which were absolutely right on the money in my opinion.

Is he really getting black balled out of the league for being educated about the world around him and daring to have his own non-corporate media spun opinions?

Curious to hear what he said, if you can quote it.
Back on point, I'm going to be shocked if he doesn't get back on the roster. True underdog feeling seeing him play so well for us last year. Really likeable dude from everything I've seen so far. I want to see him succeed.
I like fish
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,519

Post#302 » by LofJ » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:32 pm

thesneakysneak wrote:
LofJ wrote:
mrknowitall215 wrote:
To piggyback 'catch20two's post from December of 2013 and 'Snidely FC's questioned reply...

...moments like this should be able to answer it rhetorically...

They only thing that comes to mind to me are the comments he made about the war on terror, which were absolutely right on the money in my opinion.

Is he really getting black balled out of the league for being educated about the world around him and daring to have his own non-corporate media spun opinions?

Curious to hear what he said, if you can quote it.
Back on point, I'm going to be shocked if he doesn't get back on the roster. True underdog feeling seeing him play so well for us last year. Really likeable dude from everything I've seen so far. I want to see him succeed.

I can't access Twitter at work so I'll paraphrase. He made a comment about it being un-Christian to celebrate the death of another - specifically Osama Bin Laden. When someone called him out on it he questioned the value of spending a trillion dollars, killing hundreds of thousands of innocent people, and subjecting American families to the pain of war to fight terrorism.
Hornet Mania
General Manager
And1: 7,405

Re: CDR and the Soul Tones - Chris Douglas-Roberts Thread 

Post#303 » by Hornet Mania » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:01 pm

I found the quotes. The context being, as LofJ mentioned above, this is his response to the widespread celebration following Osama bin Laden's death:

Is this a celebration??

Is this the beginning of a huge religious war? I hope not. (shaking my head)

@Mpaff23 I'm the moron. Are you a Christian. Would God be happy with you celebrating death? Or is your religion, "American"?

It took 919,967 deaths to kill that one guy.

It took 10 years & 2 Wars to kill that...guy.

It cost us (USA) roughly $1,188,263,000,000 to kill that...........guy. But we #winning though. Haaaa. (Sarcasm)

@mikechado what's stupid about what I'm saying? Please tell me. I'm against MORE people dying for no reason. What's dumb about that?

People are telling me to get out of America now b/c I'm against MORE INNOCENT people dying everyday? B/c I'm against a 10 year WAR?

Whatever happened to our freedom of speech? That's the problem. We don't want to hear anything that isn't our perspective.

What I'm sayin has nothing to do with 9/11 or that guy. I still feel bad for the 9/11 families but I feel EQUALLY bad for the war families.

Reading yall's tweet AT me (pun intended) & shaking my head. This is what I get for not wanting innocent people to die daily. Shame on me.

Same people going nuts on me are the same people saying "bring the troops home". Right? Right?!

What I've learned tonight, athletes shouldn't have perspectives. But I don't care. We feel certain ways about things TOO. #FirstAmendment

He hasn't done anything particularly controversial since, but the backlash to this string of tweets is likely the reason his Twitter now basically only ever seems to chronicle his workouts/meals/sleep habits.
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,171

Post#304 » by SWedd523 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:07 pm

LofJ wrote:I can't access Twitter at work so I'll paraphrase. He made a comment about it being un-Christian to celebrate the death of another - specifically Osama Bin Laden. When someone called him out on it he questioned the value of spending a trillion dollars, killing hundreds of thousands of innocent people, and subjecting American families to the pain of war to fight terrorism.

And the funny thing is, many of the military people I know did and do have many misgivings about how we handled that situation (WoT, not Bin Laden). So it kind of irks me that he'd be pushed out... if that really is the case.

All that said, I can't imagine we'd be participating in any perceived blackballing. We did, after all, voluntarily bring him in last year. I honestly think it's just a case of there simply being no room. The Stephenson signing and PJ's value at 24/26 being too high to pass up really clogged up the wings.

I'd love for the team to find a way to bring him in because I like what he brings to the table, and his relationship with MKG is just the sugar on top.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Post#305 » by HornetJail » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:03 pm

I'm trying to figure out what was wrong with what he wrote. There's no way in the world those tweets are the reasons he can't find a team to play on.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
mrknowitall215
RealGM
And1: 2,384

Post#306 » by mrknowitall215 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:56 pm

I think CDR will be signing with the Heat and re-uniting with McRoberts, whom he was close with on the team last year. It would be rather unfortunate, but that's a good landing spot for him
Snidely FC
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,141

Post#307 » by Snidely FC » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:32 pm

Yeah, I'm gonna be one sad boy when MIA comes to town and runs Josh and CDR out there against us. Ouch.

Anywho. Here's what I still don't get about the NBA:

Gary Neal shot 37% from 3 regular season (not in the flow of the offense I might add) and 22% from 3 in the playoffs. He can't defend his own chihuahua's doghouse. And he's a sourpuss.

CDR shot 38% from 3 regular season and 50% (!!!) on treys in the playoffs while the team asked him to defend LeBron one on one. Plus he's got soul.

Which guy has guaranteed money and a job? I really don't get the NBA some times. It just seems dumb.
mrknowitall215
RealGM

Post#308 » by mrknowitall215 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:40 pm

Snidely FC wrote:Yeah, I'm gonna be one sad boy when MIA comes to town and runs Josh and CDR out there against us. Ouch.

Anywho. Here's what I still don't get about the NBA:

Gary Neal shot 37% from 3 regular season (not in the flow of the offense I might add) and 22% from 3 in the playoffs. He can't defend his own chihuahua's doghouse. And he's a sourpuss.

CDR shot 38% from 3 regular season and 50% (!!!) on treys in the playoffs while the team asked him to defend LeBron one on one. Plus he's got soul.

Which guy has guaranteed money and a job? I really don't get the NBA some times. It just seems dumb.

Neal is still riding his 15 minutes of fame from his Spurs days. I like Neal, but I don't understand how a versatile player like CDR isn't a lock on a roster with guaranteed money in at least the same manner. A lot of the NBA is about perception and building relationships. Well, that's how the corporate world is in general
predators
Senior
And1: 319

Post#309 » by predators » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:39 am

The lance signing, pj pick , Taylor + the lottery luck are the reasons we didn't resign. Assuming he isn't in Europe, I believe hes the first guy signed when a wing goes down.
LamarMatic7
Hornets Forum High-End Journalist
And1: 2,351

Post#310 » by LamarMatic7 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:30 am

I just hope that a team like Houston or Chicago gives him a shot. They could really use him. I think that Thibs would like CDR.
Snidely FC
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,141

Post#311 » by Snidely FC » Mon Sep 1, 2014 3:32 pm

CDR about to sign with Clippers. Congrats, Soul Man.

Hey Rich Cho, "Stupid is as stupid does."
HornetJail
RealGM

Post#312 » by HornetJail » Mon Sep 1, 2014 4:42 pm

I hope CDR becomes LAC's starting 3 by the end of the year instead of rotting on the bench. LAC is a great fit for him.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
James Gatz
Veteran
And1: 693

Post#313 » by James Gatz » Mon Sep 1, 2014 8:18 pm

Glad he's finding a home. It didn't make sense to keep him considering our current roster but I hope he does well in LA.
TheKingofSting
RealGM
And1: 2,163

Post#314 » by TheKingofSting » Tue Sep 2, 2014 1:02 am

I'm happy for CDR.
President of the Quinn Cook Fan Club

Bradley Beal has D Wade potential
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,053

Post#315 » by Liver_Pooty » Tue Sep 2, 2014 1:22 am

I like CDR, but its not a devastating blow or anything.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,653

Post#316 » by yosemiteben » Tue Sep 2, 2014 2:02 am

Snidely FC wrote:Hey Rich Cho, "Stupid is as stupid does."

He certainly has seriously set this franchise back the past couple years.
scratch21
Pro Prospect
And1: 24

Post#317 » by scratch21 » Tue Sep 2, 2014 3:39 am

LAC fan here.. Who are we getting in CDR??
HornetJail
RealGM

Post#318 » by HornetJail » Tue Sep 2, 2014 4:16 am

scratch21 wrote:LAC fan here.. Who are we getting in CDR??

Everything you expected out of Jared Dudley, and then some. Very nice 3&D guy who has slipped way too far under the radar over the course of his career. To give you an idea, most of us wanted to see him starting over Gerald Henderson by the end of the season. Nothing spectacular, but he is the perfect Gregg Popovich guy. Pop would turn him into Danny Green overnight. You'll like him.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
chabber
Veteran
And1: 826

Post#319 » by chabber » Tue Sep 2, 2014 2:12 pm

scratch21 wrote:LAC fan here.. Who are we getting in CDR??

You are getting the most well rounded wing player we had last season. I know that's not saying a lot considering our wings, but he'll be missed.

Here's a quote from one of your own clippers fans.

SnapBack30 wrote:CDR played hard for Charlotte. In an abbreviated season (signed in December) CDR became a key rotation player. He was the difference maker in the Hornets late season run. Why in the hell CDR wasn't immediately resigned by the Hornets is a real head scratcher! What more could he do than actually OUTPLAY the teammates he was "subbing" for? CDR averaged 10 points in the freaking PLAYOFFS where he shot the 3 at 50%! Yet the Hornets, one season away from an historically abysmal season, has not resigned a player who helped establish some respectability for the team. Go figure...
mrknowitall215
RealGM

Post#320 » by mrknowitall215 » Tue Sep 2, 2014 2:19 pm

:nonono:

I'm going to miss CDR in Charlotte. At least he got a NBA gig on a playoff contender though. He should've been retained, but I guess now I have to hope the uncertainty of P.J. Hairston and/or Jeff Taylor can deliver some consistency in the good

Return to Charlotte Hornets