Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

catch20two
RealGM
And1: 4,666

Re: Around the NBA 5.0 

Post#1981 » by catch20two » Tue Nov 4, 2014 4:00 am

Liver_Pooty wrote:
catch20two wrote:
Liver_Pooty wrote:Vonleh has been more productive as a DNP player right now than Stauskas has thus far this season. Guy can't guard a dead deer right now. 3 fouls in 2 minutes.

Mclemore is still the worst. Lol

Zeller is looking more and more like a genius pick at 4, other than Noel. And hes playing on a garbage team with inflated stats. Shows inredible defensive potential though.

Not getting Noel hurt my feelings and I liked Olynyk just as much as Zeller. I think the problem was that Cho scouted Zeller all wrong. Zeller isn't a stretch 4, just a athletic PF that can do a lot of things well. Once he stopped shooting so many jumpers he looked like a decent player. It's nice to have that jumper in his arsenal but it's not his bread n butter. Maybe another 3-5 years he'll be a deadly midrange shooter.
They will wage war against the Lamb but the Lamb will triumph them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings - and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers." Revelation 17:14 (NIV)
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,059

Post#1982 » by Liver_Pooty » Tue Nov 4, 2014 4:03 am

catch20two wrote:
Liver_Pooty wrote:
catch20two wrote:Mclemore is still the worst. Lol

Zeller is looking more and more like a genius pick at 4, other than Noel. And hes playing on a garbage team with inflated stats. Shows inredible defensive potential though.

Not getting Noel hurt my feelings and I liked Olynyk just as much as Zeller. I think the problem was that Cho scouted Zeller all wrong. Zeller isn't a stretch 4, just a athletic PF that can do a lot of things well. Once he stopped shooting so many jumpers he looked like a decent player. It's nice to have that jumper in his arsenal but it's not his bread n butter. Maybe another 3-5 years he'll be a deadly midrange shooter.

I think he is pretty deadly from that range right now, let alone in 3-5 years. Hes shooting 48% from the field thus far this season and a majority of them are jumpers off a pick and pop. Its actually kind of amazing since at Indiana he took maybe 5 jumpers of 15 or more feet his two seasons there.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
catch20two
RealGM

Post#1983 » by catch20two » Tue Nov 4, 2014 4:09 am

Liver_Pooty wrote:
catch20two wrote:
Liver_Pooty wrote:

I think he is pretty deadly from that range right now, let alone in 3-5 years. Hes shooting 48% from the field thus far this season and a majority of them are jumpers off a pick and pop. Its actually kind of amazing since at Indiana he took maybe 5 jumpers of 15 or more feet his two seasons there.

He should be able to make wide open 15 footers without a hand in his face. I still like him better when he's attacking the rim and getting to the FT stripe. He's carving out a niche tho. I started coming around to him late last season once I started noticing that he was a more than solid defender moving his feet.
They will wage war against the Lamb but the Lamb will triumph them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings - and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers." Revelation 17:14 (NIV)
catch20two
RealGM

Post#1984 » by catch20two » Tue Nov 4, 2014 4:43 am

Lol at the 1 minute Stauskas played. Lmao at Mclemore being worse than Hendo ever was. Other than that the Kings are finally starting look like a decent team.

Jeff Green went off on the Mavs but they still loss. I wish we could find a trade to get him without trading anything more than Hendo and Marv.

The Grizzlies smacked the Pelicans around. I'm starting to feel less mad about that loss.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM

Post#1985 » by Liver_Pooty » Tue Nov 4, 2014 4:48 am

catch20two wrote:Lol at the 1 minute Stauskas played. Lmao at Mclemore being worse than Hendo ever was. Other than that the Kings are finally starting look like a decent team.

Jeff Green went off on the Mavs but they still loss. I wish we could find a trade to get him without trading anything more than Hendo and Marv.

The Grizzlies smacked the Pelicans around. I'm starting to feel less mad about that loss.

I caught the last 9 minutes of that Grizz Pels game, and my God does Memphis slow the game down soooo much. Its almost as painful as watching a Bo Ryan Wisconsin team where the score is always 52-45 or something. Horrible team to watch.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,642

Post#1986 » by fatlever » Tue Nov 4, 2014 5:11 am

Liver_Pooty wrote:
catch20two wrote:Lol at the 1 minute Stauskas played. Lmao at Mclemore being worse than Hendo ever was. Other than that the Kings are finally starting look like a decent team.

I caught the last 9 minutes of that Grizz Pels game, and my God does Memphis slow the game down soooo much. Its almost as painful as watching a Bo Ryan Wisconsin team where the score is always 52-45 or something. Horrible team to watch.

we arent much different.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM

Post#1987 » by Liver_Pooty » Tue Nov 4, 2014 5:26 am

fatlever wrote:
Liver_Pooty wrote:

we arent much different.

Were actually worse.
LamarMatic7
Hornets Forum High-End Journalist
And1: 2,351

Post#1988 » by LamarMatic7 » Tue Nov 4, 2014 6:49 am

Liver_Pooty wrote:Vonleh has been more productive as a DNP player right now than Stauskas has thus far this season. Guy can't guard a dead deer right now. 3 fouls in 2 minutes.

He was better than McLemore against the Clippers, that's for sure. McLemore kept losing Redick on screens and was non-existent on offense. When Stauskas checked in, he actually had a solid defensive performance, stopped penetration from Farmar (even had 2 blocks) and didn't lose Redick on those off-ball curls. Yet he also was non-existent on offense....
LamarMatic7

Post#1989 » by LamarMatic7 » Tue Nov 4, 2014 6:52 am

mrknowitall215 wrote:
TheKingofSting wrote:The Heat are (3-0), that surprises me.

That doesn't surprise me. That Heat team always played well in stretches when LeBron James wasn't on the floor. Of course they'll miss him, but they had a good system, and as long as Chris Bosh & Dwyane Wade can stay healthy they'll likely be a top 4 seed in the East

How come you say that? I don't really agree with it.
LamarMatic7

Post#1990 » by LamarMatic7 » Tue Nov 4, 2014 6:56 am

Liver_Pooty wrote:

I absolutely love to watch their style of play. I guess it has too many additional sub-plots for it not to be boring - Gasol and Z-Bo bumping guys around, Gasol's beautiful passes, Z-Bo in the post, Tony Allen doing Tony Allen things, whether it's stifling defense, baffling offensive decisions or him roaming around the base-line while off the court (he actually smacked a camera man this game, what the hell!?), Mike Conley using all of his hesitations, fakes and nifty moves in the pick-n-roll, etc.
MPM
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,711

Post#1991 » by MPM » Tue Nov 4, 2014 1:09 pm

Gordon Hayward watch: 18.8 ppg, 5.3 apg, 7.3 rpg through the first five.

I wasn't a big proponent of the Hayward offer, but he'd look pretty good in our offense right about now.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,547

Post#1992 » by HornetJail » Tue Nov 4, 2014 3:18 pm

MPM wrote:Gordon Hayward watch: 18.8 ppg, 5.3 apg, 7.3 rpg through the first five.

I wasn't a big proponent of the Hayward offer, but he'd look pretty good in our offense right about now.

Small sample size of course, but once Lance gets his shot working and shakes off that groin injury that I suspect is still bothering him, he's going to be significantly better than Hayward- at half the price.

Now, if we had either traded Hendo or not signed Marvin, we could've had both...

If we're going to read into small sample size stats, Lance has had 13 rebounds and 8 assists, 8 rebounds and 4 assists, and 9 rebounds and 8 assists for averages of 10 rebounds and 6.7 assists so far. Only player in the league averaging that so far.

Though Rondo is averaging 8ppg/8.7rpg/11.7apg and my stupid ass forgot to put him in my fantasy rotation for the second week in a row.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
mrknowitall215
RealGM
And1: 2,384

Post#1993 » by mrknowitall215 » Tue Nov 4, 2014 3:38 pm

LamarMatic7 wrote:
mrknowitall215 wrote:
TheKingofSting wrote:The Heat are (3-0), that surprises me.

That doesn't surprise me. That Heat team always played well in stretches when LeBron James wasn't on the floor. Of course they'll miss him, but they had a good system, and as long as Chris Bosh & Dwyane Wade can stay healthy they'll likely be a top 4 seed in the East

I don't know, I just happen to believe that that team is still pretty good. Wade & Bosh will be HOF'ers, and they're both still able to play at a high level. I also think they a good job of filling holes in their roster that departed
LamarMatic7

Post#1994 » by LamarMatic7 » Tue Nov 4, 2014 3:41 pm

mrknowitall215 wrote:
LamarMatic7 wrote:
mrknowitall215 wrote:

I don't know, I just happen to believe that that team is still pretty good. Wade & Bosh will be HOF'ers, and they're both still able to play at a high level. I also think they a good job of filling holes in their roster that departed

You misunderstood me. I also believe that the team is still pretty good.

I just don't agree with them having always played well without James on the floor.
HornetJail
RealGM

Post#1995 » by HornetJail » Tue Nov 4, 2014 3:49 pm

The Heat pretty good right now, but what happens mid season when Wade and Deng start to wear down? They have no wing depth.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
mrknowitall215
RealGM
And1: 2,384

Post#1996 » by mrknowitall215 » Tue Nov 4, 2014 3:51 pm

LamarMatic7 wrote:
mrknowitall215 wrote:
LamarMatic7 wrote:How come you say that? I don't really agree with it.

You misunderstood me. I also believe that the team is still pretty good.

I just don't agree with them having always played well without James on the floor.

Of course they weren't at their best without him on the floor, but I do recall them winning some meaningful games whenever LeBron may have rested a minor injury which was very seldom
HornetJail
RealGM

Post#1997 » by HornetJail » Tue Nov 4, 2014 3:51 pm

TRIPLE FLOP ALERT
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358