Vonleh is so far behind.
President of the Quinn Cook Fan Club

Bradley Beal has D Wade potential
catch20two
RealGM
And1: 4,666

Re: Welcome To Charlotte: Noah Vonleh 

Post#504 » by catch20two » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:50 am

Vonleh gonna be back around the same time Hendo will be back.
They will wage war against the Lamb but the Lamb will triumph them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings - and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers." Revelation 17:14 (NIV)
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,054

Post#505 » by Liver_Pooty » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:54 am

TheKingofSting wrote:Vonleh is so far behind.

Hes not expected to play much anyway. I like the approach of bringing him along slowly. Hes raaaaw.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM

Post#506 » by Liver_Pooty » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:54 am

catch20two wrote:Vonleh gonna be back around the same time Hendo will be back.

I hope Henderson comes back soon. We need him.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,151

Post#507 » by JDR720 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:56 am

Liver_Pooty wrote:

Hes not expected to play much anyway. I like the approach of bringing him along slowly. Hes raaaaw.

Hes not that raw, on a scale of 1 to Biz he is about a 6
Liver_Pooty
RealGM

Post#508 » by Liver_Pooty » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:57 am

JDR720 wrote:
Liver_Pooty wrote:

Hes not that raw, on a scale of 1 to Biz he is about a 6

Lol. Hes so much more skilled than Biyombo right now its kind of crazy.

A 6 is about spot on. Maybe 5.5
TheKingofSting
RealGM
And1: 2,163

Post#509 » by TheKingofSting » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:58 am

Cliff doesn't like playing rooks.
President of the Quinn Cook Fan Club

Bradley Beal has D Wade potential
Liver_Pooty
RealGM

Post#510 » by Liver_Pooty » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:06 am

TheKingofSting wrote:Cliff doesn't like playing rooks.

Every coach will play a rookie if they are good enough to be in the rotation. Vonleh isn't right now.
catch20two
RealGM

Post#511 » by catch20two » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:08 am

I doubt Vonleh is more raw than Zeller was the first 3 months of last season. That was almost the worst rookie performance of all time for a 7 footer until he abandoned that jumper and became a junkyard hustle dog that got to the FT line after the all star break. I wanna see Vonleh on the floor with the rotational players before I say he's "too raw". It shouldn't be that hard for him to do what Marvin Williams do, just shoot open shots and play ball. The ONLY thing Vonleh can't do that Messy can is prolly stay out of foul trouble.
They will wage war against the Lamb but the Lamb will triumph them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings - and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers." Revelation 17:14 (NIV)
Liver_Pooty
RealGM

Post#512 » by Liver_Pooty » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:11 am

catch20two wrote:I doubt Vonleh is more raw than Zeller was the first 3 months of last season. That was almost the worst rookie performance of all time for a 7 footer until he abandoned that jumper and became a junkyard hustle dog that got to the FT line after the all star break. I wanna see Vonleh on the floor with the rotational players before I say he's "too raw". It shouldn't be that hard for him to do what Marvin Williams do, just shoot open shots and play ball. The ONLY thing Vonleh can't do that Messy can is prolly stay out of foul trouble.

You're being silly. Vonleh projects to be a pretty good player, but Marvin would and probably does run circles around him right now. Marvin and Zeller have the 4 spot down right now. Vonleh is raw and needs to just sit back and learn from Jefferson and Ewing,
catch20two
RealGM

Post#513 » by catch20two » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:15 am

Liver_Pooty wrote:
catch20two wrote:I doubt Vonleh is more raw than Zeller was the first 3 months of last season. That was almost the worst rookie performance of all time for a 7 footer until he abandoned that jumper and became a junkyard hustle dog that got to the FT line after the all star break. I wanna see Vonleh on the floor with the rotational players before I say he's "too raw". It shouldn't be that hard for him to do what Marvin Williams do, just shoot open shots and play ball. The ONLY thing Vonleh can't do that Messy can is prolly stay out of foul trouble.

You're being silly. Vonleh projects to be a pretty good player, but Marvin would and probably does run circles around him right now. Marvin and Zeller have the 4 spot down right now. Vonleh is raw and needs to just sit back and learn from Jefferson and Ewing,

Marvin couldn't run circles around Noel who's scrawny ass bust his ass. Vonleh is more offensively skilled than Noel and he can block shots as well. Vonleh's problem is that he foul too much and can be turnover prone.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM

Post#514 » by Liver_Pooty » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:21 am

catch20two wrote:
Liver_Pooty wrote:

Marvin couldn't run circles around Noel who's scrawny ass bust his ass. Vonleh is more offensively skilled than Noel and he can block shots as well. Vonleh's problem is that he foul too much and can be turnover prone.

Vonleh is raw just like Noel. Noel shot 22% his first game. They are both raw as hell with potential. Only difference is that the Sixers have a D League roster with plenty of playing time and we dont. Vonleh is in no shape or way better than Marvin Williams right now.

I could care less for Marvin, but hes better than Vonleh right now. You sound like you have an agenda against him. Its kind of weird.
catch20two
RealGM

Post#515 » by catch20two » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:28 am

Liver_Pooty wrote:
catch20two wrote:
Liver_Pooty wrote:

Vonleh is raw just like Noel. Noel shot 22% his first game. They are both raw as hell with potential. Only difference is that the Sixers have a D League roster with plenty of playing time and we dont. Vonleh is in no shape or way better than Marvin Williams right now.

I could care less for Marvin, but hes better than Vonleh right now. You sound like you have an agenda against him. Its kind of weird.

I'm not saying that Vonleh is more suited to play than Messy but what I am saying is that I wouldn't be shellshocked if he is less raw than many of you perceive if we put him on the floor with the starters for some spare minutes. It's pure optimism when I say that I hope Vonleh can earn the starting PF spot and nothing more. I already said that his track record is prone to fouls and turnovers but that's what improvements are for.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM

Post#516 » by Liver_Pooty » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:29 am

catch20two wrote:
Liver_Pooty wrote:
catch20two wrote:Marvin couldn't run circles around Noel who's scrawny ass bust his ass. Vonleh is more offensively skilled than Noel and he can block shots as well. Vonleh's problem is that he foul too much and can be turnover prone.

I'm not saying that Vonleh is more suited to play than Messy but what I am saying is that I wouldn't be shellshocked if he is less raw than many of you perceive if we put him on the floor with the starters for some spare minutes. It's pure optimism when I say that I hope Vonleh can earn the starting PF spot and nothing more. I already said that his track record is prone to fouls and turnovers but that's what improvements are for.

I think Vonleh is definitely going to be a starter.

Just not this year unless injuries happen. Maybe im wrong. I just don't see it happening.
catch20two
RealGM

Post#517 » by catch20two » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:35 am

Liver_Pooty wrote:Vonleh is raw just like Noel. Noel shot 22% his first game. They are both raw as hell

Shameless plug but Messy Marv shot 22% last night. Lmao
Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,148

Post#518 » by Braggins » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:48 am

I'm with everyone as far as how raw is at the moment but I think our other options at PF might be so atrocious that we might end up just having to live with Vonleh's mistakes and give him more run than we all initially expected. I think despite how raw Vonleh is he could possibly be reasonably productive this year if placed in a simple enough role (although probably not until after the all-star break). He already has a lot going in terms of skills and his problems are mainly mental. If all he had to do was rebound, set screens, hit free throw line jumpers, and be a big body in the paint I think he could possibly do alright even if he does have some mental lapses. I doubt Clifford will give him much of a chance no matter how horrible Cody and Marvin do but I have almost no faith in Marvin and Cody hasn't shown us much of anything yet so we honestly might not be any worse off with Vonleh than we would be with those guys. He can at least hit some jumpers and give opposing players something to think about when driving to the basket.
Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,148

Post#519 » by Braggins » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:54 am

I really want to give Cho the benefit of the doubt about Marvin since he has actually done an amazing job with free agent signings but I just can't imagine him working out for what we are expecting from him. I literally face palmed when we signed him to that contract and I read he was expected to be our starting PF.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM

Post#520 » by Liver_Pooty » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:56 am

catch20two wrote:
Liver_Pooty wrote:Vonleh is raw just like Noel. Noel shot 22% his first game. They are both raw as hell

Shameless plug but Messy Marv shot 22% last night. Lmao

You hate Marvin Williams.

We get it.

Return to Charlotte Hornets