We Are Stuck With Him - The Lance Stephenson Thread II

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,654

Re: Don't Blow It - The Lance Stephenson Thread II 

Post#601 » by yosemiteben » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:28 am

TheKingofSting wrote:Am I the only one that blames Clifford?

"It's Clifford's fault that Kemba can't get along with Lance" is definitely not my take.
MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,340

Post#602 » by MasterIchiro » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:31 am

yosemiteben wrote:
amcoolio wrote:I'm with Braggins. I think its a Lance-Al thing. Lance is tired of Al's bull calling for the ball, doing an Iso 10 feet from the basket and only converting 4 times out of every 10 tries.

"The gulf between Stephenson and his Charlotte teammates has been growing, league sources told Yahoo Sports. Stephenson's inability to co-exist on the floor with point guard Kemba Walker is among the primary reasons for the franchise's desire to trade him, sources said."

This journalist blended "gulf between Lance and his teammates" with "inability to coexist on the floor with Kemba" so I hope you picked up on that and are not implying there is some ego rift between Lance and Kemba.
It has been written...
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#603 » by MasterIchiro » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:31 am

yosemiteben wrote:
TheKingofSting wrote:Am I the only one that blames Clifford?

"It's Clifford's fault that Kemba can't get along with Lance" is definitely not my take.

Who said Kemba can't get along with Lance?
It has been written...
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,239

Post#604 » by amcoolio » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:32 am

yosemiteben wrote:
amcoolio wrote:I'm with Braggins. I think its a Lance-Al thing. Lance is tired of Al's bull calling for the ball, doing an Iso 10 feet from the basket and only converting 4 times out of every 10 tries.

"The gulf between Stephenson and his Charlotte teammates has been growing, league sources told Yahoo Sports. Stephenson's inability to co-exist on the floor with point guard Kemba Walker is among the primary reasons for the franchise's desire to trade him, sources said."

There's nothing on the court that suggests that Kemba and Lance can't coexist, in my knowledge.

Lance is definitely more upset with Al than with Kemba.

Lance would also be perfect with a C like Tyson Chandler or DeAndre Jordan, where he can throw lobs or run proper pick and rolls. Al Jefferson is a horrible offensive pick and roller even though he should be great.
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#605 » by yosemiteben » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:35 am

MasterIchiro wrote:
yosemiteben wrote:

This journalist blended "gulf between Lance and his teammates" with "inability to coexist on the floor with Kemba" so I hope you picked up on that and are not implying there is some ego rift between Lance and Kemba.

I didn't view them as completely independent of each other.
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#606 » by MasterIchiro » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:36 am

yosemiteben wrote:
MasterIchiro wrote:
yosemiteben wrote:"The gulf between Stephenson and his Charlotte teammates has been growing, league sources told Yahoo Sports. Stephenson's inability to co-exist on the floor with point guard Kemba Walker is among the primary reasons for the franchise's desire to trade him, sources said."

I didn't view them as completely independent of each other.

The author didn't want you to.
It has been written...
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#607 » by MasterIchiro » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:38 am

amcoolio wrote:
yosemiteben wrote:

There's nothing on the court that suggests that Kemba and Lance can't coexist, in my knowledge.

Lance is definitely more upset with Al than with Kemba.

Lance would also be perfect with a C like Tyson Chandler or DeAndre Jordan, where he can throw lobs or run proper pick and rolls. Al Jefferson is a horrible offensive pick and roller even though he should be great.

And when we played the hapless Pacers, I noticed Lance and Hibbert chatting it up. They were close friends imo and the rift on the Pacers wasn't a divide between them.
It has been written...
-Ian-
Analyst
And1: 849

Post#608 » by -Ian- » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:56 am

The combination of a third year on Deron Williams' deal – as well as the emergence of Walker as the franchise's point guard – leaves Charlotte uninterested in acquiring Williams, league sources said.

What emergence? :lol:

At this point, I'd rather trade Kemba than Lance to be honest.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#609 » by yosemiteben » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:02 pm

In the month of December, Lance is averaging 12.7 ppg on 43% from the field (hooray improvement!) but 7.7% from three on two attempts per game ( :lol: ) and 3 assists and 2 TOs per game. He's also shooting 55.6% from the FT line, only averaging 1.5 per game (only 0.3 more than Marvin).
TheKingofSting
RealGM
And1: 2,163

Post#610 » by TheKingofSting » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:24 am

I'm a Kemba homer and I'd take Deron.
President of the Quinn Cook Fan Club

Bradley Beal has D Wade potential
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#611 » by yosemiteben » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:46 pm

yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#612 » by yosemiteben » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:07 pm

Random thoughts - I really don't know what to make of Lance right now. It's annoying when he takes us out of the flow of offense, but at least he occasionally generated offense to start the season. If he is not creating for teammates then he is adding literally nothing to this team. We have better options on defense and he is not carrying the scoring load we need from the starting unit.

I have said a few times on here that I think Neal needs to take Lance's place in the starting lineup, but after thinking about it and hearing Clifford talk about our team I think the real solution is that our starting unit, Lance included, needs to step it up defensively. Go watch his post-game presser from last night - he says we are not a dynamic offensive team and that we have the pieces to make defense our specialty, so we have to hang our hat on our defense. He made the point, which I completely agree with, that if we score 106 points, we have to win the game.

I guess I expected Lance to be more of a lock down defender. It seems like the effort isn't there with him on that side of the ball. Maybe that was just my mistaken impression of him - looking at his career stats, he's never generated steals or blocks and hardly ever fouls. I think he can play a consistent role in an otherwise good defense and can elevate his intensity and level of play based on challenges (like guarding LeBron), but I don't think he has the ability to elevate a mediocre defense to a more respectable level.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#613 » by yosemiteben » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:08 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/rick_bonnell/status/545630237594501121[/tweet]

:nonono: He can't even move his pelvis like he used to...

UNCNYC
Assistant Coach
And1: 868

Post#614 » by UNCNYC » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:13 pm

I think we should take a first rounder if we are offered that for him. They are claiming noone is offering anything major for Lance and I doubt you can't get a first rounder for him. You have to consider trading players while they still have any value. We coulda traded Hendo for a first at one point. Now we cant even get a D leager for him
UPDATED 2-18-2024

These are my top five for who I want with pick #1 in order

BuB Carrington
Ryan Dunn
Dalton Knect
Kevin McCullar
Bobi Klintman
TheKingofSting
RealGM
And1: 2,163

Post#615 » by TheKingofSting » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:44 am

I don't see anyone offering a first rounder, it is probably already too late.
President of the Quinn Cook Fan Club

Bradley Beal has D Wade potential
Radu_Hornets
Rookie
And1: 325

Post#616 » by Radu_Hornets » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:49 pm

gipper08
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,830

Post#617 » by gipper08 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:56 pm

Joest2003 wrote:As hard as it may be for Kemba he just needs to spend as much time with Lance off court as possible, go out to eat and clubs and just chill and watch sports. They need to start to bond on and off the court. Anyone who used to play at a YMCA or gym know this is true when you go there with a childhood friend and your both always on the same page and making eachother better. Right now they play together like they are strangers and its making the team suffer at times.

They are cool off the court. Many teammates like Lance off the court. His Pacer teammates (Hibbert,HIll, etc,etc) still text him and they went out to eat with him THIS YEAR both in Charlotte and INdiana. You don't do that with a player you don't like.

Lance hits Kemba with lots of assist for threes. Lance gets out of Kemba's way for ISO.

Kemba CANNOT hit Lance on the baseline for Lance's layups. Lance's layups get him going and Kemba can't or will not hit him. Lance needs the offense to produce a couple of easy baskets for him IF,IF,IF he does not have offensive carte blanch, which from day 1 he does not.

Some of you stat guys can you tell me how many times Lance has assisted kemba and then vice versa, ???

imo the problem is 100% on the court.(and you might be saying they don't have an off the court problem per se but that simply off the court chemistry would equal better in game chemistry,which I agree)
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,123

Post#618 » by JDR720 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:05 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/basketballtalk/status/546696861977808896[/tweet]
-Ian-
Analyst
And1: 849

Post#619 » by -Ian- » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:33 pm

There goes any hope of trading him...
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,123

Post#620 » by JDR720 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:01 pm

we have to trade Lance, he isn't talented enough to put up with his baggage.

Return to Charlotte Hornets