Off Topic VII

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,053

Re: Off Topic VII 

Post#1301 » by Liver_Pooty » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:36 pm

Benjamin Linus wrote:
Vanderbilt_Grad wrote:17 beers away from having tried 300 different beers in the last two years.

Damn dude. Any standouts? I don't really keep track of the beers I've had. Offhand, I think some of my favorite stuff I've tried in the last year or so has been Mexican Cake, Lindley Park, Permanent Funeral, and some random stuff from Wicked Weed.

Permanent Funeral sounds bad ass.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
Benjamin Linus
Veteran
And1: 1,268

Post#1302 » by Benjamin Linus » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:39 pm

Yeah, their bottle art is pretty gnarly as well.

Spoiler:
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,120

Post#1303 » by JDR720 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:14 pm

Liver_Pooty wrote:
JDR720 wrote:about to do the windows 10 upgrade.

hopefully it doesn't suck

How is it?

pretty weird, lots of new things i have no idea how to use. seems to work pretty good though.
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#1304 » by JDR720 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:12 am

this new browser is pretty neat, still has some kinks but overall its pretty simple to use and seems to be faster than Chrome (what i usually use). cant have extensions yet, that part sucks.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,653

Post#1305 » by yosemiteben » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:56 pm

Vanderbilt_Grad
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Post#1306 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:30 pm

Liver_Pooty wrote:
Benjamin Linus wrote:
Vanderbilt_Grad wrote:17 beers away from having tried 300 different beers in the last two years.

Damn dude. Any standouts? I don't really keep track of the beers I've had. Offhand, I think some of my favorite stuff I've tried in the last year or so has been Mexican Cake, Lindley Park, Permanent Funeral, and some random stuff from Wicked Weed.

Permanent Funeral is great name.

Some of the ones that really stood out to me

Edmund’s Oast “Pub Lurker” – Edmund’s Oast is a brewery and restaurant in Charleston, SC and the Pub Lurker is their in house stout and it’s easily one of the best I’ve ever had. Food is really good here too.

Lomza Wyborowe – an import beer that I’ve only been able to find at the Polish grocery in Pineville.

Alewerks Brewing “Rapadou Porter” – Alewerks is getting distributed in places like Total Wine and Stateline Elite but I’ve only seen the Rapadou Porter at their brewery in Williamsburg, VA. It’s a really smooth porter that I’ll be getting again the next time I’m up that way.

Beerworks “Bunker Hill Blueberry” – Beerworks has several franchises up in the Boston area, including 2 in the airport there. Bunker Hill Blueberry is a decent golden ale that’s made amazing by the freeze dried blueberries they put in it. Watching a glass is kind of like watching a lava lamp with the blueberries circling around.

Founders Brewing Co “Devil Dancer” – this is a hoppy triple, and one of the few beers that both my wife and I agree tastes great. Founders is probably one of my favorite brewing companies overall and I’ve liked most of their stuff but Devil Dancer is really interesting.

De Struise “Pannepot Reserve” – a Belgium import that reminded me a bit of drinking wine at first. It’s fruity but not too much so and goes great with a lot of meals.
My picks:
2020 Draft (3rd pick) - Tyrese Haliburton, Devin Vassell, or Onyeka Okongwu
2021 Draft (11th pick) - Moses Moody
Liver_Pooty
RealGM

Post#1307 » by Liver_Pooty » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:58 pm

RIP Roddy Piper.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,621

Post#1308 » by fatlever » Sat Aug 1, 2015 2:54 am

Benjamin Linus
Veteran
And1: 1,268

Post#1309 » by Benjamin Linus » Sat Aug 1, 2015 5:27 pm

Vanderbilt_Grad wrote:
Liver_Pooty wrote:
Benjamin Linus wrote:

Permanent Funeral is great name.

Some of the ones that really stood out to me

Edmund’s Oast “Pub Lurker” – Edmund’s Oast is a brewery and restaurant in Charleston, SC and the Pub Lurker is their in house stout and it’s easily one of the best I’ve ever had. Food is really good here too.

Lomza Wyborowe – an import beer that I’ve only been able to find at the Polish grocery in Pineville.

Alewerks Brewing “Rapadou Porter” – Alewerks is getting distributed in places like Total Wine and Stateline Elite but I’ve only seen the Rapadou Porter at their brewery in Williamsburg, VA. It’s a really smooth porter that I’ll be getting again the next time I’m up that way.

Beerworks “Bunker Hill Blueberry” – Beerworks has several franchises up in the Boston area, including 2 in the airport there. Bunker Hill Blueberry is a decent golden ale that’s made amazing by the freeze dried blueberries they put in it. Watching a glass is kind of like watching a lava lamp with the blueberries circling around.

Founders Brewing Co “Devil Dancer” – this is a hoppy triple, and one of the few beers that both my wife and I agree tastes great. Founders is probably one of my favorite brewing companies overall and I’ve liked most of their stuff but Devil Dancer is really interesting.

De Struise “Pannepot Reserve” – a Belgium import that reminded me a bit of drinking wine at first. It’s fruity but not too much so and goes great with a lot of meals.

Nice writeup. Never had or even heard of any of those besides Devil Dancer. I need to venture out of the stout & IPA zone more often.
vorbis
Veteran
And1: 675

Post#1310 » by vorbis » Sun Aug 2, 2015 4:33 pm

on a whim I decided to look at my earliest posts on this here message board. the pedigree is there. I used to use a lot more proper capitalization. ah well.

some highlights of threads of my early days:
--complaining about dumb stats
--complaining about throwing away late leads
--how awesome Stephen Jackson was when he first came on the scene
--Slam throwing things at me for jinxing potential triple doubles
--Fine Ham Biscuit (oh god I just lost it all over again)
--rolling my eyes so hard at Battery "nut-hugging" (to use a term of some import lately) Larry Brown and deriding DJA any chance he got
--Larry Brown's rotations
--end of the Larry Brown era, how happy everyone was when Silas came on to right the ship (ooooooooooooof)
--lots of Tyrus Thomas bitching
--hey, whaddaya know, lots of arguing over the PG minutes
EwingSweatsALot
Veteran
And1: 919

Post#1311 » by EwingSweatsALot » Mon Aug 3, 2015 1:24 am

Went to Home Depot tonight, didn't even get what I needed to fix my problem, I'm not a handy dude. Anyways, I was wearing my Hornets hat. I get to checkout and the person checking me out asks, dead seriously, "Do you play for the Hornets?"

Pretty hilarious considering I'm 5'9'' on a good day, 170 pounds and am whiter that Colombian cocaine.
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#1312 » by JDR720 » Mon Aug 3, 2015 1:26 am

EwingSweatsALot wrote:Went to Home Depot tonight, didn't even get what I needed to fix my problem, I'm not a handy dude. Anyways, I was wearing my Hornets hat. I get to checkout and the person checking me out asks, dead seriously, "Do you play for the Hornets?"

Pretty hilarious considering I'm 5'9'' on a good day, 170 pounds and am whiter that Colombian cocaine.

man, if you were one foot taller you would fit right in with our big man rotation.
EwingSweatsALot
Veteran
And1: 919

Post#1313 » by EwingSweatsALot » Mon Aug 3, 2015 1:36 am

So, I want to know some other people's opinion on this and if they have ever experienced the same problem.

I live in a town home. I enjoy it, no yard work is the super bonus, I'm a lazy ****. Neighbors are nice and keep to themselves, which I like. But all of a sudden the woman next door, maybe late 40s early 50s, has decided to get in full on brutal screaming matches with whom I believe is her boyfriend, maybe a decade younger, or at least he looks it.

I don't get in people's business, you stay out of mine and I stay out of yours. But holy hell it has become unbearable. They don't keep this **** inside where no one can hear. They do it on their back patio or their front porch at all hours of the night.

Every now and then they have a fight, like normal people (I guess), but this week has been BRUUUUTAL.

Last Saturday night: 2 AM. Wake my wife and I up with the slamming of their front door. And a "Well then call them, I don't give a ****." Then he gets in the car and floors it out of the property. I assume he meant the cops.

Sunday and Monday: Nothing major except a small argument.

Tuesday night: from 7:00-10:30. Literally 3.5 hours. My game room is on the second floor next to their back porch and they went at it the entire time, save for a few slamming of the back door and storming back out 10 minutes later. Best part was the woman asked sarcastically "Oh you think this is fun?" and he responds "Hell yeah I think this is fun, WOOOO HOOOOO"

Wednesday and Thursday: Pretty tame, I don't think the guy was there. I don't think he actually lives there.

Friday night: Well more like Saturday morning at 4 AM. They wake my wife up with what my wife says was glass shattering. I was more worried that a car was broken into or something. I peered out the window, but it seemed fine. They must have seen me cut a light on cause the guy goes "oh great you **** woke someone up." Next morning I go out to walk the dog and there actually is glass shattered all over their front porch and the sidewalk. Along with a single picture frame on the ground.

Now tonight: We are on 45 minutes strong on the back porch again. More than likely no end in sight.

I'm not gonna do anything, it's their deal. And as my wife said, I would never call the cops as a noise ordinance "because I'm not a snitch and I have no desire to talk to the cops." She was probably big on the streets in a previous life. Anyways this was more of just a vent because these damn people have annoyed the hell out of me for a week now.
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#1314 » by JDR720 » Mon Aug 3, 2015 1:52 am

I dont like any of my neighbors. the ones across the road like to throw parties (at least one a week) and its pretty loud, the other one like to shoot fireworks late at night on holidays. another former neighbor (got kicked out for not paying rent) had some problems with someone, nearly got robbed at least twice the person(s) never got caught.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM

Post#1315 » by Liver_Pooty » Mon Aug 3, 2015 2:01 am

My neighbors do crack cocaine, but they are quiet and leave me alone so I'm fine with it.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,653

Post#1316 » by yosemiteben » Mon Aug 3, 2015 2:31 am

Do you have an HOA you could talk to about this? That's assuming you own. If you rent, talk to your landlord / property manager.

I wouldn't put up with that for real long.
MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,340

Post#1317 » by MasterIchiro » Mon Aug 3, 2015 3:19 am

Still waiting on my Hornets license plate but this arrived yesterday and I wore it on the town and it sparked a conversation with a Bernie supporter wanting to volunteer for my idea for a voter registration drive.

It has been written...
Liver_Pooty
RealGM

Post#1318 » by Liver_Pooty » Mon Aug 3, 2015 3:23 am

MasterIchiro wrote:Still waiting on my Hornets license plate but this arrived yesterday and I wore it on the town and it sparked a conversation with a Bernie supporter wanting to volunteer for my idea for a voter registration drive.

I like it. I'm a democrat myself, and am a big supporter for Bernie Sanders.
MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,340

Post#1319 » by MasterIchiro » Mon Aug 3, 2015 3:34 am

Yeah I'm hosting a Bernie BBQ with pool party and jacuzzi for my volunteer group. My idea is to stage a selfie booth on college campuses with a cardboard standup of Bernie. The idea is to attract attention and register student voters starting at ECU then platforming to the triangle area, coordinating with student government and local election boards. If the model gets students registering and sharing Bernie selfies on Twitter and other social media then we will reach out to student governments at the 5 largest universities in all 50 states and provide a step by step guide on how to stage their own Bernie selfies booth on campus. I opened a Twitter that illustrates the gist of the concept and hope it becomes a viral trend like this

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/07/obama-cardboard-cutouts_n_2088993.html

my Twitter is Bernie Selfies

Hopefully my Bernie BBQ is a big success. There's a great deal of dirty money in polics and Bernie has vowed to run a campaign funded by citizens, not PACS.
It has been written...
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,621

Post#1320 » by fatlever » Mon Aug 3, 2015 4:06 am

@ESAL
Holy crap that sounds brutal. I've got two words for you "Rock Hill" LOL.

I like townhouses for the same reasons -Lazy as ****, not a handy guy.

Last summer I had a similar story (I guess), the neighbors behind me (not from same neighborhood) were apparently dog sitting for their son who was leaving the country for like 6 months or something. They have this long backyard that backed up against the back of my townhouse. At the very back of their yard they would chain up the dog and leave it all day and night. The dog would bark his brains out for hours at a time and they did nothing. This went on for weeks. I finally had enough and called the cops. I wasn't about to approach them directly, because they looked like crazy rednecks. I guess the cops went over there the next morning and the cops must have told them one of the neighbors called, so I am sure they must have thought it was me or the guy next to me. They went over the next day and confronted the guy next to me (old nice guy) and just said, here's our number, just call us if the dog is barking. Like, seriously, why do we have to let you know when your own dog is barking? Are you deaf? Calling the cops did nothing. Dog barked until the son finally returned.

Though, nothing is worse than living in an apartment with an upstairs neighbor who walks around with cinderblocks on their feet for 8 hours of the day. Or the jackass who plays bass loud at all hours of the night. I will never ever live in an apartment or condo with an upstairs neighbor.

Sometimes I wish I could morph into a ripped 6'5" meathead with tattoos on my neck, who eats steroids for breakfast and trains for MMA fights on the weekends. Then I could go over there and say "Hey! Take your **** dog off that chain and put it inside before I rearrange your face!"

Anyway, good luck with your trashy neighbors.

Return to Charlotte Hornets