Motor Keeps Going: The Michael Kidd-Gilchrist Thread III

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

BlackOutBuzz
Hornets Forum Capologist
And1: 2,970

Re: Motor Keeps Going: The Michael Kidd-Gilchrist Thread III 

Post#321 » by BlackOutBuzz » Fri Jul 3, 2015 2:09 pm

@MKG14
I'm extremely excited to be in attendance at the National Stuttering Association Annual Conference in Baltimore, Maryland this morning.
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,121

Post#322 » by JDR720 » Fri Jul 3, 2015 2:15 pm

Read on Twitter
catch20two
RealGM
And1: 4,666

Post#323 » by catch20two » Fri Jul 3, 2015 8:02 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:
catch20two wrote:I'm surprised Ichiro hasn't hijacked this thread after that pic. Lol

This offseason proved to me they're willing to shop and move on from unskilled Cho busts players despite their tremendous motor/energy/intangibles/athleticism/youth/upside.

My work is done!

Zeller is next. If Kaminsky impress me in summer league this next week I'll officially be on the can't wait until Zeller is traded wagon. In fact I'd be the leader of that army.
They will wage war against the Lamb but the Lamb will triumph them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings - and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers." Revelation 17:14 (NIV)
catch20two
RealGM
And1: 4,666

Post#324 » by catch20two » Fri Jul 3, 2015 8:05 pm

Please start attempting 3s next year MKG. You can do it. Don't let Clifford intimidate you.
They will wage war against the Lamb but the Lamb will triumph them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings - and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers." Revelation 17:14 (NIV)
BlackOutBuzz
Hornets Forum Capologist
And1: 2,970

Re: Re: Motor Keeps Going: The Michael Kidd-Gilchrist Thread III 

Post#325 » by BlackOutBuzz » Fri Jul 3, 2015 8:12 pm

catch20two wrote:
MasterIchiro wrote:
catch20two wrote:I'm surprised Ichiro hasn't hijacked this thread after that pic. Lol

This offseason proved to me they're willing to shop and move on from unskilled Cho busts players despite their tremendous motor/energy/intangibles/athleticism/youth/upside.

My work is done!

Zeller is next. If Kaminsky impress me in summer league this next week I'll officially be on the can't wait until Zeller is traded wagon. In fact I'd be the leader of that army.

I mean, why? Even if Frank impresses do you really wanna rely on just Marvin and Hawes as backup bigs? Zeller is also the only one that knows what defense is.
BeesWax
General Manager
And1: 1,660

Post#326 » by BeesWax » Fri Jul 3, 2015 8:12 pm

If they trade MKG we will know that they have fallen for this idiotic thought that you only carry value if you can score big points. Who cares if you score 20 and give up 30 because we are better off losing 120 to 130 rather than win 100 to 90. According to some people the NBA is going to change formats and just become a FT and 3pt shooting contest every night. Defense and rebounding and everything else will be completely irrelevant.
Spoiler:
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Post#327 » by HornetJail » Wed Jul 8, 2015 5:16 am

jdm3 wrote:If they trade MKG we will know that they have fallen for this idiotic thought that you only carry value if you can score big points. Who cares if you score 20 and give up 30 because we are better off losing 120 to 130 rather than win 100 to 90. According to some people the NBA is going to change formats and just become a FT and 3pt shooting contest every night. Defense and rebounding and everything else will be completely irrelevant.

I'd rather start over with another expansion team than move forward with this team minus MKG. He's all we have.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Eoghan
RealGM
And1: 3,293

Post#328 » by Eoghan » Wed Jul 8, 2015 6:09 am

BizGilwalker wrote:

probably in the middle of writing a 1000 word article on why Evan Turner would be better.

Still trying to configure a Jason Thompson to the Hornets trade.
thesneakysneak
Pro Prospect
And1: 272

Post#329 » by thesneakysneak » Wed Jul 8, 2015 7:20 am

Anyone else notice how tiny MKG looked next to PJ last night. Now its fair enough that most people would look small next to ham-arms, but i was hoping MKG would start bulking up more this offseason.
I like fish
LamarMatic7
Hornets Forum High-End Journalist
And1: 2,351

Post#330 » by LamarMatic7 » Wed Jul 8, 2015 8:09 am

thesneakysneak wrote:Anyone else notice how tiny MKG looked next to PJ last night. Now its fair enough that most people would look small next to ham-arms, but i was hoping MKG would start bulking up more this offseason.

is it really a priority though? MKG always has looked more thinner than you would imagine him to be, but has been deceptively strong for his looks and age and can man-handle certain players in his position.

besides.. there are basketball things he needs to work on like shooting, handling and finishing that are more urgent than his bulk.
DY_nasty
General Manager
And1: 4,946

Post#331 » by DY_nasty » Wed Jul 8, 2015 9:44 am

thesneakysneak wrote:Anyone else notice how tiny MKG looked next to PJ last night. Now its fair enough that most people would look small next to ham-arms, but i was hoping MKG would start bulking up more this offseason.

I think people are understating PJ's size more than anything else.
thesneakysneak
Pro Prospect
And1: 272

Post#332 » by thesneakysneak » Wed Jul 8, 2015 11:42 am

LamarMatic7 wrote:

is it really a priority though? MKG always has looked more thinner than you would imagine him to be, but has been deceptively strong for his looks and age and can man-handle certain players in his position.

besides.. there are basketball things he needs to work on like shooting, handling and finishing that are more urgent than his bulk.

yes, there are absolutely other things that he needs to get better at, but MKG takes a lot of contact at the rim every game and he needs to get stronger if he doesn't want to be carrying injuries. It should help him finishing at the rim a whole lot better too. I'd be happy to see him stay the same size if that jumpshot and his handles has improved though.
I like fish
LamarMatic7
Hornets Forum High-End Journalist
And1: 2,351

Post#333 » by LamarMatic7 » Wed Jul 8, 2015 12:53 pm

thesneakysneak wrote:
LamarMatic7 wrote:

yes, there are absolutely other things that he needs to get better at, but MKG takes a lot of contact at the rim every game and he needs to get stronger if he doesn't want to be carrying injuries. It should help him finishing at the rim a whole lot better too. I'd be happy to see him stay the same size if that jumpshot and his handles has improved though.

fair point. I kind of contradicted myself by saying that he should improve his finishing, yet not taking strength and bulk as a factor that matters in that regard.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,053

Post#334 » by Liver_Pooty » Wed Jul 8, 2015 8:48 pm

Anyone is small next to Hairston these days
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Post#335 » by HornetJail » Wed Jul 8, 2015 9:34 pm

It would be my luck for Cho to trade MKG now
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,621

Post#336 » by fatlever » Wed Jul 8, 2015 9:54 pm

Nice new nickname.
driveandkick
Pro Prospect
And1: 434

Post#337 » by driveandkick » Wed Jul 8, 2015 10:44 pm

MotorKeepsGoing wrote:
jdm3 wrote:If they trade MKG we will know that they have fallen for this idiotic thought that you only carry value if you can score big points. Who cares if you score 20 and give up 30 because we are better off losing 120 to 130 rather than win 100 to 90. According to some people the NBA is going to change formats and just become a FT and 3pt shooting contest every night. Defense and rebounding and everything else will be completely irrelevant.

I'd rather start over with another expansion team than move forward with this team minus MKG. He's all we have.

I really don't get this man. We currently have a core of Kemba/Batum/MKG/Zeller/Frank, have we ever had a young core as promising as this? Also we have as much flexibility as any team in the league. Sure Frank and even Zeller to an extent the jury is out on those guys, but Kemba/Batum/MKG are three quality players. Just don't get the gloomy outlook so many fans have.
Vanderbilt_Grad
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Post#338 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Wed Jul 8, 2015 11:01 pm

Next year Batum, Lamb, and Al will probably leave, unless the team does really well or overpays or both. Cliff doesn't seem to value guys like Biz or MKG. Al has been horrible but the offense seems to be built around him. I could go on.....

Hopefully it all works out somehow.
My picks:
2020 Draft (3rd pick) - Tyrese Haliburton, Devin Vassell, or Onyeka Okongwu
2021 Draft (11th pick) - Moses Moody
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,519

Post#339 » by LofJ » Wed Jul 8, 2015 11:28 pm

Clifford definitely values MKG. He's called him the most important player on the team multiple times. The organization undoubtedly values him highly as well, most of the moves we made this offseason will hugely benefit him and Kemba. I'm not happy with the seeming panic trade for Batum, but I'm hoping it will work out and he will play really well and sign a reasonable deal with us. I also hate that we let Biz go and have yet to do a damn thing with the MLE it fully opened up. But Im still hoping it will work out, there's not much more you can do really.
EwingSweatsALot
Veteran
And1: 919

Post#340 » by EwingSweatsALot » Wed Jul 8, 2015 11:37 pm

Crazier **** has happened when it comes to players being traded, but it seems they are starting to push MKG as a face of the franchise. They sent him to the lottery, they had him unveil the new unis, etc.

His last 19 games he played 34 minutes per game. I have a feeling we see him around that number for the whole season this year.

Return to Charlotte Hornets