Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

MeowsALot
Freshman
And1: 12

Re: The Great Kemba vs Jeremy Lin Debate 

Post#101 » by MeowsALot » Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:52 am

catch20two wrote:
MeowsALot wrote:
KembaWalker wrote:I have no idea who is better but I hate the idea of them playing together. That would just be Lance 2.0. Kemba and Lin aren't off the ball players. They would make each other much worse. With that in mind personally I'd play Kemba 34 minutes, Lin 14 minutes and call it a day. Kemba is our guy and hurting his development to cater to a guy using us to audition to big markets for a contract next year is pointless.

What if Lin outplays Kemba, and Lin's current role is actually to audition for the Hornets' future as a permanent piece? You have to realize this is a possibility. Or maybe Cho just wants to rent Lin for a year to help the team - good short term investment for the price.

Kemba would have to have another down year similar to his rookie year and Lin would have to have a career year in order for that to happen. Very unlikely but possible. It's not even a question that Kemba is better than Lin to me honestly.

Kemba is def better than Lin - but who knows what will happen. Look forward to an exciting season of ups and downs. Mostly ups I hope!
DY_nasty
General Manager
And1: 4,946

Post#102 » by DY_nasty » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:32 am

Just sayin

if kemba and lin put up close to identical performances, you have to take the guy making less money

its just smart business
BlackOutBuzz
Hornets Forum Capologist
And1: 2,970

Re: Re: The Great Kemba vs Jeremy Lin Debate 

Post#103 » by BlackOutBuzz » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:39 am

DY_nasty wrote:Just sayin

if kemba and lin put up close to identical performances, you have to take the guy making less money

its just smart business

So we trade Kemba and then Lin opts out next offseason? Kemba is who we've invested in for the next 4 years, Lin can leave after one.
MeowsALot
Freshman
And1: 12

Post#104 » by MeowsALot » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:02 am

BlackOutBuzz wrote:
DY_nasty wrote:Just sayin

its just smart business

So we trade Kemba and then Lin opts out next offseason? Kemba is who we've invested in for the next 4 years, Lin can leave after one.

Not unless Lin wants to play in Charlotte. I see him as a pretty humble guy so I think he would play where the team gives him an opportunity, and he would stay in charlotte if he knows the team is going to give him a good role. But this would be only if Lin has to play a lot better than Kemba for this to happen.
mrknowitall215
RealGM
And1: 2,384

Post#105 » by mrknowitall215 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:35 am

Angling...
Eoghan
RealGM
And1: 3,293

Post#106 » by Eoghan » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:28 am

What happens if they're both terrible? This is a Clifford coached team, this is a real possibility.
TinmanZBoy
Head Coach
And1: 4,720

Post#107 » by TinmanZBoy » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:19 am

BrotherDave wrote:What happens if they're both terrible? This is a Clifford coached team, this is a real possibility.

Then Lin got screwed, Kemba will still collect his money...

seriously, I hope MDA can teach Clifford something in offense... Last year, when the lakers were in Charlotte playing against the Hornets, MDA was in town and giving tips on offense to Clifford... i am sure both Kemba and Lin would play really well under MDA..
The MDA and Clifford relationship definitely gave Lin confidence in choosing Hornets...

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/la-sp-lakers-fyi-20141110-story.html
Hi Clutchie, I love you... :kiss
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#108 » by ChokeFasncists » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:20 am

TinmanZBoy wrote:
BrotherDave wrote:What happens if they're both terrible? This is a Clifford coached team, this is a real possibility.

Then Lin got screwed, Kemba will still collect his money...

seriously, I hope MDA can teach Clifford something in offense... Last year, when the lakers were in Charlotte playing against the Hornets, MDA was in town and giving tips on offense to Clifford... i am sure both Kemba and Lin would play really well under MDA..
The MDA and Clifford relationship definitely gave Lin confidence in choosing Hornets...

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/la-sp-lakers-fyi-20141110-story.html

Nice, that's interesting......MDA isn't coaching, but his assistant is!
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,148

Post#109 » by Braggins » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:01 pm

Everyone, myself included, just kind of assumes the added shooting will help, but part of me really still thinks our offense will be garbage and our guards will end up being almost as inefficient as last season.
RealHusky
Junior
And1: 75

Post#110 » by RealHusky » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:55 am

Kemba is unquestionable the starter. Jeremy will get a chance to play along side him and run the second unit. This debate isn't about who will be the starter. Rather, it is about who is the better PG right now. Both got both positives and negatives. I think it will be a fun discussion. More importantly, Jeremy will make this team better and that's the bottom line.
Original XBOX Retro Games - http://www.sprinkleboutique.com
cw3k
Bench Warmer
And1: 503

Post#111 » by cw3k » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:27 pm

The NBA is all about you vs me, which I absolutely hate. Basketball is a team sport and should function as a team. Kemba and Lin will work together to get this team into the playoffs
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,122

Post#112 » by JDR720 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:36 pm

we still got Roberto, we'll be fine.
catch20two
RealGM
And1: 4,666

Post#113 » by catch20two » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:42 pm

RealHusky wrote:Kemba is unquestionable the starter. Jeremy will get a chance to play along side him and run the second unit. This debate isn't about who will be the starter. Rather, it is about who is the better PG right now. Both got both positives and negatives. I think it will be a fun discussion. More importantly, Jeremy will make this team better and that's the bottom line.

Yup.
They will wage war against the Lamb but the Lamb will triumph them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings - and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers." Revelation 17:14 (NIV)
steady
Veteran
And1: 1,351

Post#114 » by steady » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:33 pm

As long as he can run some PnRs Lin will be able to create some offense.

Issue I see though is with Cliffords emphasis on low risk / low turnover play. That is not Lin.

Think high risk passes - and fast breaks with Lin. Think more chaotic and free flowing, versus plodding or deliberate. Think moving so fast - it's on reflex almost

During playoffs Steve Kerr talked about the Warrior's offense being designed to be on the edge of chaos - some of plays/passes look terrible.  but that is what makes Warriors offense work.  Chaotic is also how Tyson Chandler described Lin's offense after Lin's Knicks stint

RealHusky
Junior
And1: 75

Post#115 » by RealHusky » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:42 pm

GSW is one fun team to watch. It is D'Antonio offense running at its finest. I hope Hornets will adopt some of that element with Lin/Kemba playing a huge part of it.
Original XBOX Retro Games - http://www.sprinkleboutique.com
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#116 » by ChokeFasncists » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:10 pm

steady wrote:As long as he can run some PnRs Lin will be able to create some offense.

Issue I see though is with Cliffords emphasis on low risk / low turnover play. That is not Lin.

Think high risk passes - and fast breaks with Lin. Think more chaotic and free flowing, versus plodding or deliberate. Think moving so fast - it's on reflex almost

During playoffs Steve Kerr talked about the Warrior's offense being designed to be on the edge of chaos - some of plays/passes look terrible.  but that is what makes Warriors offense work.  Chaotic is also how Tyson Chandler described Lin's offense after Lin's Knicks stint

True, but I do think if Lin can play well in a deliberate way he would be a more complete player.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
mrknowitall215
RealGM
And1: 2,384

Post#117 » by mrknowitall215 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:58 am

Pick-and-roll offense: Both Kemba & Lin tied for 15th in the league on points per possession (assisted or scored) with 0.83

Kemba ran the pick-and-roll at at frequency rate of 48.1% of the time to Lin's 39.9%
cwjlsc
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#118 » by cwjlsc » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:59 am

dude, do you have to start this?
improvisor
Rookie
And1: 430

Post#119 » by improvisor » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:50 am

mrknowitall215 wrote:Pick-and-roll offense: Both Kemba & Lin tied for 15th in the league on points per possession (assisted or scored) with 0.83

Kemba ran the pick-and-roll at at frequency rate of 48.1% of the time to Lin's 39.9%
I'm no Kemba fan nor Lin Fan. But the last part is mainly have to do with coaching and probably why Lin signed here.

Kemba is the starter of the Hornets. But any one that thinks he will stay that way and have no chance being bench is in denile and not thinking straight. He has to get back to being semi-efficient like he was a few years ago or someone or many might think the bench is his new home.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,053

Post#120 » by Liver_Pooty » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:59 am

Hate this thread.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.

Return to Charlotte Hornets