GT: Hornets @ Heat, Game 7, 5/1 1:00 PM ET

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Re: GT: Hornets @ Heat, Game 7, 5/1 1:00 PM ET 

Post#961 » by ChokeFasncists » Mon May 2, 2016 6:40 am

driveandkick wrote:
TinmanZBoy wrote:This series the hornets basically lost on their bigs....u can see every damn game, kemba, lee,lin,Marvin scrambled all the distance and had to pack the paint to help rebounding... They were exhausted at the end, particularly kemba and lee...u can't make up that much of a hole, and Nic has been a net negative which made it even worse... Spencer was dealy missed in the last two

DING..... DING..... DING.....

Ultimately the Heat won because they had a great post presence and rim protector and we didn't. When Whiteside played well it was so clear to see Miami was the better team and that was why. Cliff did a damn good job of combating it, but just wasn't enough. I'm proud of the team and excited for the future, but the front court still doesn't have much promise. PG and the wings (if we retain Batum) have the talent to win the East. Yeah, I said it. But there is nothing about our front court right now that excites me. Frank and Cody are both too soft to be starting against the physicality that the playoffs bring.

Exactly. In this era, a guy like Whiteside is almost like Shaq. Even with all his immaturity, he is very much a difference maker.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#962 » by ChokeFasncists » Mon May 2, 2016 6:41 am

BatumtheGlue wrote:
PG13 wrote:
BatumtheGlue wrote:With MKG back from injury, Lin has better chance to resign with the Hornets than Lee.

Clifford loves Lee. Lee loves that Clifford loves him.

Clifford loves MKG more. He is cheating on Lee. :P

:lol:

Why not menage a trois? Gonna be tough to pull off tho.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#963 » by ChokeFasncists » Mon May 2, 2016 6:42 am

UNCNYC wrote:We won game 5. I thought that meant we had a 80 percent chance to win

Hawes out, there went game 6. Hansbrough out, there went game 7. (for Euphorbus) 8-)
Thanks for the honesty.
PG13
Starter
And1: 845

Post#964 » by PG13 » Mon May 2, 2016 6:49 am

BatumtheGlue wrote:
PG13 wrote:
BatumtheGlue wrote:With MKG back from injury, Lin has better chance to resign with the Hornets than Lee.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
BatumtheGlue
Starter
And1: 441

Post#965 » by BatumtheGlue » Mon May 2, 2016 7:11 am

ChokeFasncists wrote:
BatumtheGlue wrote:
PG13 wrote:

Cliffy is conservative. That will be too much for his conventional style :noway:
Mamut menteng ureh utusku, isen mulang jite penyangku.
Credit to amcoolio for the signature .gif.
tamao
Junior
And1: 181

Post#966 » by tamao » Mon May 2, 2016 8:32 am

MotorKeepsGoing wrote:
Liver_Pooty wrote:Kemba hate is stupid. Guy was a damn stud this year.

And I use to hate his ass.

This board is far too reactionary... yes Kemba was about 3-11 and then started chucking because we got desperate. It was a bad game. But without him, we win 25-30 games tops this year. I can count on one hand the amount of point guards I'd rather have leading this team, and they're the five perennial all-stars the league has to offer. Kemba is going to have his highs and his lows. When we're healthy, we can compensate for his bad games. We were not healthy during this series and Kemba was forced to carry the load of injured/bad teammates. Kemba's overall play this season should have removed all doubt that he is our franchise point guard for as long as he's in the prime of his career.

the key question:
how abt if the one out for the season is Kemba not MKG and MKG is the one healthy.

2nd seed w/o doubt, thrash pacers n heat and game 7 against Cavs :rock: :rock: :rock:
tamao
Junior
And1: 181

Post#967 » by tamao » Mon May 2, 2016 8:36 am

ChokeFasncists wrote:
driveandkick wrote:
TinmanZBoy wrote:This series the hornets basically lost on their bigs....u can see every damn game, kemba, lee,lin,Marvin scrambled all the distance and had to pack the paint to help rebounding... They were exhausted at the end, particularly kemba and lee...u can't make up that much of a hole, and Nic has been a net negative which made it even worse... Spencer was dealy missed in the last two

DING..... DING..... DING.....

Ultimately the Heat won because they had a great post presence and rim protector and we didn't. When Whiteside played well it was so clear to see Miami was the better team and that was why. Cliff did a damn good job of combating it, but just wasn't enough. I'm proud of the team and excited for the future, but the front court still doesn't have much promise. PG and the wings (if we retain Batum) have the talent to win the East. Yeah, I said it. But there is nothing about our front court right now that excites me. Frank and Cody are both too soft to be starting against the physicality that the playoffs bring.

Exactly. In this era, a guy like Whiteside is almost like Shaq. Even with all his immaturity, he is very much a difference maker.

should run n gun this is Miami Grandpa we were playing against, stupid cliff in the era where small ball proven so successful *SIGH*
Hodges4Three
Starter
And1: 1,027

Post#968 » by Hodges4Three » Mon May 2, 2016 10:20 am

Lin would be a dummy to resign with the Hornets. I see him getting a starting job in Brooklyn or elsewhere. He will have no playmaking opportunities on this team with Batum and Kemba dominating the ball, he only got some shine this series because Batum got injured otherwise he likely would have had a mediocre showing like the first 2 games.

Only 19 minutes in a game 7 where Kemba is bricking and getting torched by Dragic is also a bit of a slap in the face insult after the contributions he made in the series.
UNCNYC
Assistant Coach
And1: 868

Post#969 » by UNCNYC » Mon May 2, 2016 1:02 pm

Maybe we can get McBob back. Would be interesting to see all the ball sharing between him, batum and kemba
UPDATED 2-18-2024

These are my top five for who I want with pick #1 in order

BuB Carrington
Ryan Dunn
Dalton Knect
Kevin McCullar
Bobi Klintman
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,624

Post#970 » by fatlever » Mon May 2, 2016 3:53 pm

Hodges4Three wrote:Lin would be a dummy to resign with the Hornets. I see him getting a starting job in Brooklyn or elsewhere. He will have no playmaking opportunities on this team with Batum and Kemba dominating the ball, he only got some shine this series because Batum got injured otherwise he likely would have had a mediocre showing like the first 2 games.

Only 19 minutes in a game 7 where Kemba is bricking and getting torched by Dragic is also a bit of a slap in the face insult after the contributions he made in the series.

I already posted several warnings in this thread, as well as the sticky thread about this type of behavior. This stuff is not acceptable. We are not going to allow threads to be derailed into Lin vs Kemba garbage. I think we have made that very clear for a long time. We are also not going to allow threads to turn into "where should Lin sign other than the Hornets" discussions. Feel free to start a Lin vs Kemba threads on the Player Comparison board and feel free to try and start another Lin Free Agency thread on the GB. Not here.
ReturnofMVP3
RealGM
And1: 11,580

Post#971 » by ReturnofMVP3 » Mon May 2, 2016 5:04 pm

UNCNYC wrote:Maybe we can get McBob back. Would be interesting to see all the ball sharing between him, batum and kemba

You can have him :lol:. He's way too passive on O.
Donald Trump is an idiot.
ammofan
Sophomore
And1: 38

Post#972 » by ammofan » Mon May 2, 2016 5:47 pm

Hodges4Three wrote:Lin would be a dummy to resign with the Hornets. I see him getting a starting job in Brooklyn or elsewhere. He will have no playmaking opportunities on this team with Batum and Kemba dominating the ball, he only got some shine this series because Batum got injured otherwise he likely would have had a mediocre showing like the first 2 games.

this is the best role Jeremy has ever had.

Kemba played horrible in G7 but Jeremy didn't play very well either. G6 was bad for him as well.

I think all in all, Jeremy fits in really well here and has flourished this season under Coach Cliff and behind Kemba.
ammofan
Sophomore
And1: 38

Post#973 » by ammofan » Mon May 2, 2016 5:48 pm

ReturnofMVP3 wrote:
UNCNYC wrote:Maybe we can get McBob back. Would be interesting to see all the ball sharing between him, batum and kemba

I'd take him back on a small contract deal. He's definitely passive and didn't look good in Rd. 1 but Coach Cliff knows how to use him.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#974 » by ChokeFasncists » Mon May 2, 2016 5:54 pm

Hodges4Three wrote:Only 19 minutes in a game 7 is also a bit of a slap in the face insult after the contributions he made in the series.

Sad but true. An injured and only occasionally effective Batum played more minutes and less well.
Thanks for the honesty.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#975 » by ChokeFasncists » Mon May 2, 2016 5:59 pm

ammofan wrote:this is the best role Jeremy has ever had.

Come on now......
Kemba played horrible in G7 but Jeremy didn't play very well either. G6 was bad for him as well.

I think Lin played fine in G7, 4/8 shooting, zero TO, shut down the hot Dragic in the second half.
Thanks for the honesty.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#976 » by ChokeFasncists » Mon May 2, 2016 6:00 pm

BatumtheGlue wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:
BatumtheGlue wrote:Clifford loves MKG more. He is cheating on Lee. :P

Cliffy is conservative. That will be too much for his conventional style :noway:

~lol~ Truly. So you're saying there's no chance he'll have both Lee and MKG on the roster next season?
Thanks for the honesty.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,624

Post#977 » by fatlever » Mon May 2, 2016 6:04 pm

ammofan wrote:
ReturnofMVP3 wrote:

I'd take him back on a small contract deal. He's definitely passive and didn't look good in Rd. 1 but Coach Cliff knows how to use him.

I'd trade Lamb for McBob.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#978 » by ChokeFasncists » Mon May 2, 2016 6:04 pm

tamao wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:
driveandkick wrote:DING..... DING..... DING.....

should run n gun this is Miami Grandpa we were playing against, stupid cliff in the era where small ball proven so successful *SIGH*

Well, one step at a time? It'd be tough to change on the fly so drastically from the regular season. There was already a drastic change last offseason. I doubt he'll ever let it happen tho, cuz of his belief in defensive rebounding. Speaking of defensive rebounding, this series must have hurt, so many offensive rebounds for the Heat, I guess their athletic advantage was difficult to overcome with discipline.
Thanks for the honesty.
BatumtheGlue
Starter
And1: 441

Post#979 » by BatumtheGlue » Mon May 2, 2016 6:18 pm

ChokeFasncists wrote:
BatumtheGlue wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote: :lol:

~lol~ Truly. So you're saying there's no chance he'll have both Lee and MKG on the roster next season?

No, Lee has no place in starting lineup, once MKG's back and Batum resign. I don't think he will be ok coming off the bench next season. Oh, and you should trade Lamb if you want Lee to stay. You are not gonna pay bench players big money.
Mamut menteng ureh utusku, isen mulang jite penyangku.
Credit to amcoolio for the signature .gif.
Kswiss
Rookie
And1: 370

Post#980 » by Kswiss » Mon May 2, 2016 6:39 pm

fatlever wrote:
Liver_Pooty wrote:Kemba hate is stupid. Guy was a damn stud this year.

And I use to hate his ass.

Well, its the usual suspects, a few of the Lin fans that have been doing it all year, Kswiss, cw3k and RealHusky, among others. Pretty much ignoring their posts at this point, other than thinking about more possible bans for derailing threads.

I mean I am a Lin fan definitely, but I'm just being real with what I've seen. I love basketball and played junior college myself so I do know a thing or two about the game lol. But I've honestly not been very impressed with Kemba as a winning starting point guard, has nothing to do with Lin, he could not be on the team and I would feel the same way. I don't think he's a bad player, I just don't think he is good enough to make a team a serious threat to make a deep playoff run. He's defensively very weak especially against big/athletic guards. On top of that he isn't a particularly good playmaker for teammates. He's essentially a shooting guard in an undersized point guard's body. Hence, why I think his best role for the team in the long run is a sixth man scorer. He is good at creating his own shot even if he struggled against playoff intensity defense in this series. (Getting blocked 23 times/the inefficiency etc.) these are just my basketball opinions I'm not blindly "hating"

Return to Charlotte Hornets