ImageImage

Officially Waived: The Kai Jones Thread

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,164

Re: Officially Waived: The Kai Jones Thread 

Post#761 » by JMAC3 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:20 am

Other than the sadness of the pick didn't work, we literally won't miss him at all. He isn't even half the basketball player of what he has done off the court in the last 3 month.

Good luck, but I have a hard time thinking we regret this. Saves us 4.5 million next year too.
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,155

Post#762 » by JDR720 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:34 am

Read on Twitter

He's out here dancing at his GF's soccer match.
luciano-davidwesley
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,247

Post#763 » by luciano-davidwesley » Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:54 am

Reading the drivel in the Kai Jones thread on the general board will make you laugh.

That board represents everything that's wrong with modern casual NBA twitter fans. All these experts that have probably never watched him play a minute haha.
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#764 » by JDR720 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:08 am

luciano-davidwesley wrote:Reading the drivel in the Kai Jones thread on the general board will make you laugh.

That board represents everything that's wrong with modern casual NBA twitter fans. All these experts that have probably never watched him play a minute haha.

Between the Scoot/Miller thread, the Kai thread, the Miles threads and the various Melo threads, Hornets fans should probably not look on the general board for our own mental health.
luciano-davidwesley
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#765 » by luciano-davidwesley » Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:20 am

JDR720 wrote:
luciano-davidwesley wrote:Reading the drivel in the Kai Jones thread on the general board will make you laugh.

Between the Scoot/Miller thread, the Kai thread, the Miles threads and the various Melo threads, Hornets fans should probably not look on the general board for our own mental health.

Yeah the lol@hornets, clown the Hornets movements have almost turned into some toxic quasi-Hornets disdain.
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,173

Post#766 » by SWedd523 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:48 pm

I've definitely noticed the guys who were SUPER into Scoot have turned into "**** everything the Hornets have done and will do" since the draft.

Added to the edgy "lol hornets suk bro" goobers and the general trolling **** posters, it's just not a good time to venture out into the world right now
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,054

Post#767 » by Liver_Pooty » Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:06 pm

JDR720 wrote:

Lol was surprised you made the Miles thread. I normally just hope the negative news goes without being noticed since no one cares about us.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#768 » by JDR720 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:44 am

Liver_Pooty wrote:
JDR720 wrote:

Lol was surprised you made the Miles thread. I normally just hope the negative news goes without being noticed since no one cares about us.

Yeah, figured it'd be there eventually so why not.

Half the comments are about my joke comment in the OP though. Just another example of it being true.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,054

Post#769 » by Liver_Pooty » Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:45 am

JDR720 wrote:
Liver_Pooty wrote:
JDR720 wrote:

Yeah, figured it'd be there eventually so why not.

Half the comments are about my joke comment in the OP though. Just another example of it being true.

I try to stay off the GB. People on there are idiots.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,659

Post#770 » by yosemiteben » Wed Nov 1, 2023 6:46 pm

Crossed paths with Kai at the Whole Foods in Uptown so I guess he's still keeping his apartment in Charlotte and waiting to see what's next.
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,173

Post#771 » by SWedd523 » Wed Nov 1, 2023 7:36 pm

yosemiteben wrote:Crossed paths with Kai at the Whole Foods in Uptown so I guess he's still keeping his apartment in Charlotte and waiting to see what's next.

Leaked footage of Kai
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 558

Post#772 » by Walt Cronkite » Wed Nov 1, 2023 8:02 pm

yosemiteben wrote:Crossed paths with Kai at the Whole Foods in Uptown so I guess he's still keeping his apartment in Charlotte and waiting to see what's next.

More details necessary, how many symbols had he drawn on the aisle?
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,659

Post#773 » by yosemiteben » Wed Nov 1, 2023 11:08 pm

Walt Cronkite wrote:

More details necessary, how many symbols had he drawn on the aisle?

He had pink hair and cool colored shirt with blackish shorts on. Otherwise was surprisingly ordinary looking. Didn't get a view of his car unfortunately.
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 558

Post#774 » by Walt Cronkite » Wed Nov 1, 2023 11:55 pm

Basket or cart? In the clips I saw of his, uh, totally normal behavior, I got the feeling he goes on cereal binges. Annie's organic cocoa bunnies?
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,174

Post#775 » by Rich4114 » Thu Nov 2, 2023 4:18 pm

This was literally the best opportunity for Kai to get meaningful minutes and demonstrate if he can be a contributor to this team or not and he decided now was a great time to become a rapper and go insane. Really what they should've done was get him a counselor or help, but I get it. They're not baby sitters and this is a profession. Better find a replacement big soon.
luciano-davidwesley
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#776 » by luciano-davidwesley » Thu Nov 2, 2023 8:39 pm

Rich4114 wrote:This was literally the best opportunity for Kai to get meaningful minutes and demonstrate if he can be a contributor to this team or not and he decided now was a great time to become a rapper and go insane. Really what they should've done was get him a counselor or help, but I get it. They're not baby sitters and this is a profession. Better find a replacement big soon.

Kai Jones was clearly levels below being an NBA third big. Any time he spent on the court would have killed us even worse than our bench is currently.

He's an athletic tall guy impersonating a basketball player.
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,174

Post#777 » by Rich4114 » Fri Nov 3, 2023 2:13 pm

luciano-davidwesley wrote:
Rich4114 wrote:This was literally the best opportunity for Kai to get meaningful minutes and demonstrate if he can be a contributor to this team or not and he decided now was a great time to become a rapper and go insane. Really what they should've done was get him a counselor or help, but I get it. They're not baby sitters and this is a profession. Better find a replacement big soon.

Kai Jones was clearly levels below being an NBA third big. Any time he spent on the court would have killed us even worse than our bench is currently.

He's an athletic tall guy impersonating a basketball player.

That's certainly hard to argue with but there was always a chance he figured enough of it out to be productive this season especially with better players around him. But the ship has sailed either way, lost cause. Don't pick projects in the first round.
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#778 » by JDR720 » Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:37 pm

Read on Twitter
GoBobs
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,513

Post#779 » by GoBobs » Fri Nov 24, 2023 2:09 am

I haven't thought he was good for a while, but I always liked him. I think we probably handled the whole thing poorly and he is just a goofy kid. If Bridges and Bouknight deserve a 2nd chance I guess he does, so I would bring him back for the lols. Plus Nick Richard is hurt.
GoBobs
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,513

Post#780 » by GoBobs » Fri Nov 24, 2023 2:10 am

And I don't know how that would even work because we are already paying him for this year, lol. Could we just call him and be like, hey want to come down and play a little bit?

Return to Charlotte Hornets