Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,053

Re: Prodigal Son: The Miles Bridges Thread 

Post#821 » by Liver_Pooty » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:00 am

GoBobs wrote:Bridges averages 21 pts on 18 shots. He shoots 35 % from 3

Last year Oubre averaged 20 pts on 17 shots. He shot 32% from 3

Bridges, is not a good defender, he doesn't box out and has a history of off court problems. I strongly suspect he is juicing and that has something to do with the anger problems. Not the guy you want on a big contract.

Lol. Where is this suspicion of juicing coming from? Curious.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,624

Post#822 » by fatlever » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:33 am

he's purple juicing
GoBobs
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,507

Post#823 » by GoBobs » Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:41 pm

Liver_Pooty wrote:
GoBobs wrote:Bridges averages 21 pts on 18 shots. He shoots 35 % from 3

Last year Oubre averaged 20 pts on 17 shots. He shot 32% from 3

Bridges, is not a good defender, he doesn't box out and has a history of off court problems. I strongly suspect he is juicing and that has something to do with the anger problems. Not the guy you want on a big contract.

Lol. Where is this suspicion of juicing coming from? Curious.

I just think a lot of guys are likely doing it, maybe like 10% of the league or so. A lot of those players probably started in high school or college.

This is from an article from 2019, but has some interesting quotes:

Current Detroit Pistons guard Derrick Rose and former Denver Nuggets coach George Karl have speculated otherwise. In 2011, in an ESPN The Magazine story, Rose was asked to rate PED use in the NBA on a scale of 1-10. “Seven,” he said. “It’s huge, and I think we need a level playing field, where nobody has that advantage over the next person.” He later reneged, saying, “I do not recall making the statement nor do I recall the question being asked. If that was my response to any question, I clearly misunderstood what was asked of me.”

link to article
https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2019/11/5/20949723/nba-ped-suspensions-deandre-ayton-wilson-chandler-john-collins-steroids-banned-substances

John Collins got popped in 2019 and his career has been headed downhill ever since. Similar playstyle to Bridges with the jumping out the gym ect. Of course once you land that big contract might as well back off the PED's because the only way to not get paid is to get suspended.

When we talk about juicing we are really talking about taking testosterone. Problem is if you start taking it from an external source your body stops making it. This is why the testicles shrink, you don't need them to make testosterone anymore because you get it from somewhere else. The body shuts down production of testosterone in the testicles through a negative feedback loop.

So a lot of people that have low testosterone, have low testosterone because they used to take anabolic steroids.

What is the side effect of to much testosterone? It is angry outbursts, assault, stuff like that. We have a history of multiple angry outbursts, including throwing the mouthpiece at the little girl or whatever, the thing with his wife, and the other thing with his wife with the pool balls.

How many incidents do you think there are that we don't know about? I bet it is more than one.
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,172

Post#824 » by SWedd523 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:57 pm

I think you might not know as much about steroids and testosterone in general as you think you do
JustBuzzin
Head Coach
And1: 5,500

Post#825 » by JustBuzzin » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:53 pm

How did we get to juicing?

Lmao
GoBobs
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,507

Post#826 » by GoBobs » Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:15 am

SWedd523 wrote:I think you might not know as much about steroids and testosterone in general as you think you do

what makes you think so?
MugzZo
Sixth Man
And1: 906

Post#827 » by MugzZo » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:05 pm

I'd like to explore sign and trade solutions for miles.

Sent from my SM-F936U using RealGM mobile app
MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,340

Post#828 » by MasterIchiro » Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:43 am

MugzZo wrote:I'd like to explore sign and trade solutions for miles.

He's having a big year by the numbers and considering the layoff. He stayed in game shape and sits among the league leaders in minutes played despite every player of consequence on the Hornets missing games. He's defied the makeshift training/conditioning/medical staff.

He's achieved this result with Miller being the lone teammate who moves the needle. And Miller is a rookie.

I don't think we should pull the rug on pairing Miles with a more seasoned Miller and a hopefully resurgent LaMelo Ball. Doubtful we'd ever attracted a free agent more talented than Miles Bridges. And he seems to really love Charlotte and the new arrivals (calls Grant Williams G-Willy) along with the holdovers (LaMelo, Miller, Mark). I've seen him coaching up Nick Smith Jr. as well. He was lobbying hard for Monk to play more under JB as well.
It has been written...
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,131

Post#829 » by JDR720 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:35 am

Read on Twitter
JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,164

Post#830 » by JMAC3 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:07 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:

He's having a big year by the numbers and considering the layoff. He stayed in game shape and sits among the league leaders in minutes played despite every player of consequence on the Hornets missing games. He's defied the makeshift training/conditioning/medical staff.

He's achieved this result with Miller being the lone teammate who moves the needle. And Miller is a rookie.

I don't think we should pull the rug on pairing Miles with a more seasoned Miller and a hopefully resurgent LaMelo Ball. Doubtful we'd ever attracted a free agent more talented than Miles Bridges. And he seems to really love Charlotte and the new arrivals (calls Grant Williams G-Willy) along with the holdovers (LaMelo, Miller, Mark). I've seen him coaching up Nick Smith Jr. as well. He was lobbying hard for Monk to play more under JB as well.

Miles has really improved his game since we last saw him 2 years ago. His 3pt shot is better, his isolation game from baseline and top of the key are better. He is getting more tough buckets then he ever has which makes sense with the defense being able to key more on him and take away a lot of the easy stuff Melo created for him in the past.

I still think Miles and Miller are great play finishers and we need to add more playmakers to unlock more easy stuff for them. Obviously Melo but I think adding even someone like a Joe Ingles type of wing would be a solid pickup.
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,174

Post#831 » by Rich4114 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:53 pm

JMAC3 wrote:
MasterIchiro wrote:

Miles has really improved his game since we last saw him 2 years ago. His 3pt shot is better, his isolation game from baseline and top of the key are better. He is getting more tough buckets then he ever has which makes sense with the defense being able to key more on him and take away a lot of the easy stuff Melo created for him in the past.

I still think Miles and Miller are great play finishers and we need to add more playmakers to unlock more easy stuff for them. Obviously Melo but I think adding even someone like a Joe Ingles type of wing would be a solid pickup.

Couldn't agree more, except on the Joe Ingles part. I'm not sure he's really as capable as he once was pre-ACL injury. But a bigger body who can shoot 3's would definitely help.

I think Miles has had to force A LOT this season. There is no spacing or playmaking. No movement on offense and Nick Richards buggering up the paint 30mpg. We have no transition game either and a head coach who has them slow it down to a crawl just to play in iso half court sets that have a low success rate. It has, however allowed us to see Miles has improved his shooting though. Problem is, that is his primary option given what I mentioned above. I think in the few times the floor was spaced we've seen him operate with a lot more efficiency.

Still really curious what he'll get paid.
JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,164

Post#832 » by JMAC3 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:04 pm

Rich4114 wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:
MasterIchiro wrote:

Couldn't agree more, except on the Joe Ingles part. I'm not sure he's really as capable as he once was pre-ACL injury. But a bigger body who can shoot 3's would definitely help.

I think Miles has had to force A LOT this season. There is no spacing or playmaking. No movement on offense and Nick Richards buggering up the paint 30mpg. We have no transition game either and a head coach who has them slow it down to a crawl just to play in iso half court sets that have a low success rate. It has, however allowed us to see Miles has improved his shooting though. Problem is, that is his primary option given what I mentioned above. I think in the few times the floor was spaced we've seen him operate with a lot more efficiency.

Yeah Ingles is just a name, just a guy that can play on the wing and run some pick and roll action is what I am thinking. Or a Center who can pass a bit like Plumlee. I just think we play too many non-passers at times.
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,239

Post#833 » by amcoolio » Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:36 pm

Depends on the contract. It is really nice that Miles is an ironman that is always available and I think he would look great with 4 above average players around him consistently.
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#834 » by fatlever » Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:49 pm

JMAC3 wrote:
Rich4114 wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:

Yeah Ingles is just a name, just a guy that can play on the wing and run some pick and roll action is what I am thinking. Or a Center who can pass a bit like Plumlee. I just think we play too many non-passers at times.
Assuming next year... lineup to be Melo, miller, miles, mark... that additional playmaker, if part of starters needs to be sg/sf type.... but in a pinch, we could roll with micic in the Joe Ingles role. Not ideal, but does add playmaker to starters and has size. Cody also not bad playmaker with some size.

Bottom line, 100% agree our lineup needs a lot more smart passers (with size) and more 3pt shooting. Two huge areas of need.

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,833

Post#835 » by Diop » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:21 pm

Dyson Daniels would be nice.
aad
Starter
And1: 466

How much miles bridges get this offseason 

Post#836 » by aad » Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:07 pm

How much yall think he’s gonna get

I don’t think he’s looking at a big contract over 100 million
JustBuzzin
Head Coach

Re: How much miles bridges get this offseason 

Post#837 » by JustBuzzin » Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:18 pm

He's getting close to the max. My bet is Philly after they realize PG and Siakam are not leaving their current teams.

I'm 75% confident Miles will sign with another team. We clearly have a price limit on him as a player. Given his agent is Rich Paul they won't be giving any discounts.

The question I have is who do we replace him with in FA?
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,654

Post#838 » by yosemiteben » Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:24 pm

Would be a pretty embarrassing start under our new FO to just let Miles walk in FA.
JustBuzzin
Head Coach

Post#839 » by JustBuzzin » Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:44 pm

yosemiteben wrote:Would be a pretty embarrassing start under our new FO to just let Miles walk in FA.

How much are you willing to pay him?
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#840 » by fatlever » Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:00 pm

Would he accept less years and a team option to get more.money per year? 3 years 90 mil, team option for 3rd? Gives team some 'moron toxic relationship with baby mama' insurance.

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app

Return to Charlotte Hornets