ImageImage

Prodigal Son: The Miles Bridges Thread

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 10,744

Re: Prodigal Son: The Miles Bridges Thread 

Post#761 » by KembaWalker » Thu Feb 8, 2024 4:45 pm

Wouldn't care if we sent him home, we benefit nothing from being a platform for Miles to advertise himself
luciano-davidwesley
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,247

Post#762 » by luciano-davidwesley » Thu Feb 8, 2024 10:55 pm

I'm convinced we will find a mutually beneficial sign and trade for Miles in Free Agency. There will be more teams regaining the ability to trade a future first then too.

Otherwise it's not the end of the world to let him walk - we didn't have a choice anyway as he was going to veto all trades at the deadline apparently.

There's no way we are maxing him or anything silly like that (unless it is a sign and trade) so don't stress.
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,132

Post#763 » by JDR720 » Fri Feb 9, 2024 10:37 am

Read on Twitter

Honestly, this makes total sense.
JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,164

Post#764 » by JMAC3 » Fri Feb 9, 2024 2:34 pm

Probably the part where we will have a new GM, new coach. And the part where he still has another court date and the part that they will probably still listen to offers from other teams in FA.

I would say the Hornets are motivated to bring him back, for as many people have bitched about him he is averaging 22 ppg and shooting the 3 ball the best he ever has when you look at makes/attempts+%.

Said all that, I think he will still be sought after and if that is the case we still have options to SnT him, or we let him walk and we have a pretty large amount of cap space. It is not like we are over the cap and if he walks we have no money to sign anyone at all.
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,654

Post#765 » by yosemiteben » Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:55 pm

Read on Twitter

Big if true
JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,164

Post#766 » by JMAC3 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:28 pm

I am sure this will drum up only negative publicity for awhile.
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
Bassman
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,525

Post#767 » by Bassman » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:00 am

yosemiteben wrote:
Read on Twitter

Big if true

The reaction to this on X is pretty typical. Per the article via ESPN:

Prosecutors said in the filing that the victim, Bridges' former girlfriend, gave conflicting statements to police and later said she was unsure how the damages were caused.

"The evidence was going to show Miles was innocent, and we were going to win a trial," said Bridges' attorney, Allen Brotherton.

Having charges dropped could help him focus on his craft, and on improving his behavior as a person, father and representative of the team.
I continue to wait...and hope...for the return to Hornet's glory.
GoBobs
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,507

Post#768 » by GoBobs » Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:48 am

JDR720 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Honestly, this makes total sense.

My best guess is the mandate was to look for deals for Bridges and Hayward because they were expiring. Other than that we would consider anybody that brought back a first. We likely tried to move Miles in the Dallas deal but he blew it up so we moved PJ instead and Dallas threw in a pick.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,624

Post#769 » by fatlever » Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:55 am

People on reddit saying he's back with gf and she's pregnant with 3rd. If true, only matter of time before something dumb and toxic happens with those 2 again. I hope it's just someone trolling.

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app
JustBuzzin
Head Coach
And1: 5,500

Post#770 » by JustBuzzin » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:06 am

Not a big fan of Miles, but he's still going to be one of the best available FAs on the market. It makes no sense for us to let him walk for nothing.

Expecting he will come back unless they find a sign n trade option they like.
NCHeels2008
RealGM
And1: 2,606

Post#771 » by NCHeels2008 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:26 am

JMAC3 wrote:I am sure this will drum up only negative publicity for awhile.

Should it be viewed as a positive?
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,132

Post#772 » by JDR720 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:55 am

Bassman wrote:
The reaction to this on X is pretty typical. Per the article via ESPN:

Prosecutors said in the filing that the victim, Bridges' former girlfriend, gave conflicting statements to police and later said she was unsure how the damages were caused.

"The evidence was going to show Miles was innocent, and we were going to win a trial," said Bridges' attorney, Allen Brotherton.

Having charges dropped could help him focus on his craft, and on improving his behavior as a person, father and representative of the team.

Seems pretty obvious she got him out of trouble. You don't need to be a genius to figure out how she got her face beat in. She just let Miles off the hook for their kids.

But hopefully Miles will grow a brain and not do something like this again. His next contract needs to have an out for us if he does.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,654

Post#773 » by yosemiteben » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:19 pm

NCHeels2008 wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:I am sure this will drum up only negative publicity for awhile.

Should it be viewed as a positive?

Not sure if serious. I guess it's a negative if you were hoping to punish Miles regardless of whether he actually did what he was accused of doing.

Otherwise, I don't see how it could be viewed as a negative for Miles or for us.
MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,340

Post#775 » by MasterIchiro » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:14 am

"The front office, they approached me and was telling me we're not looking to trade you. That's reassuring that our people tell you upfront beforehand, you know? Some people just trade you and forget about you."

Miles pokes a hole in the narrative that the front office attempted to unload him and would have if not for his right to veto trades.

The goal was to trade PJ for a haul not to keep PJ as a hedge for trading Miles. The deadline saw the budget reduce long term expenses. Between the Hornets and the loser cap space teams with funds to bid on him, Hornets have the budget to match his market. And he informed fans he wants to stay. Not like he's kept his intentions hidden from the organization.

Desire and money is all accounted for. So we dealt PJ for Grant, Seth and a top-2 protected 1st.

We forced the Mavs to pay more for PJ than they did for Kyrie Irving in terms of draft capital, compounding the premium paid on their investment when they surrendered an unprotected 1st swap in order to add the player who ultimately served as matching salary for PJ.

So basically we acquired Grant Williams who was recently valued at an unprotected 1st round pick swap which many considered a high premium. We strong-armed the Mavs into paying a second premium of a top-2 protected 1st.

Teams never had a chance at Miles with PJ being negotiated at these price points.

I think the Hornets kept the more valuable higher impact player. Miles can play well at both 3 and 4. PJ only can play 4 well. Grant can play 4 and 5 well.

We were rumored to be after both Grant and Seth this offseason so Kupchak had his targets aligned with the Mavs front office. Conversely, it's almost as if the Mavs intercepted our targets in order to build a more competitive offer for PJ.

I have no idea which org floated the rumors the Hornets tried to unload Miles. But Miles didn't sabotage anything. The Hornets must've found those rumors peculiar to say the least.

Someone out there in the trade market made an attempt to depress any bidding on Miles. They were looking to hawk him cheap. I do wonder which team and which final offer was made by that team.

Was it the Lakers and LeBron throwing a hail Mary? Supposedly the Warriors asked about LeBron and so did Philly. He's getting desperate.
It has been written...
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,833

Post#776 » by Diop » Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:18 pm

I can’t imagine the narratives that go through your head. You always have really detailed stories on what you believe happens
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,172

Post#777 » by SWedd523 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:10 pm

Diop wrote:I can’t imagine the narratives that go through your head. You always have really detailed stories on what you believe happens

Scene:

Mitch is relaxing on a feather bed, covered (only just) by hand spun linen, while being fed the finest grapes and kombucha money can buy. He's being fanned by two IG thots with palm fronds.

The Duke mascot is chained in the corner being repeatedly posted up by Tyler Hansbrough.

Mitch is being read his successes as the Charlotte boss ("39 wins... 23 wins... 33 wins... no playoffs in 6 years... average 20th in attendance...)

His adoring fan(s) is out in the forum feverishly awaiting his stepping out on the balcony to give a rousing address.
Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,148

Post#778 » by Braggins » Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:34 pm

I was starting to wonder if I was the only person who appreciated the very detailed fan fiction about Mitch.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,624

Post#779 » by fatlever » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:25 pm

It's always biased assumptions presented as undisputed facts.

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app
MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,340

Post#780 » by MasterIchiro » Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:57 pm

All I saw was poutrage from many fans accusing Miles of blocking trades and of forcing himself on the Hornets.

It's not **** true lol. No matter how much you guys try to belittle me.

These are your delusions obliterated by quotes directly from Miles. And Miles did go to Boone of the Observer to say he wants to stay and that the organization has stayed with him through all his troubles.

And Kupchak did pursue Grant and Seth according to rumors. PJ even changed his Twitter location to Dallas last offseason.

It could be coincidence but that doesn't mean it's rational for fans to accuse Miles of blocking trades this deadline.

He didn't have to!

Where is the rumor of the trade he blocked????

Hahaha
It has been written...

Return to Charlotte Hornets