ImageImage

Prodigal Son: The Miles Bridges Thread

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,340

Re: Prodigal Son: The Miles Bridges Thread 

Post#781 » by MasterIchiro » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:03 pm

Diop wrote:I can’t imagine the narratives that go through your head. You always have really detailed stories on what you believe happens

This is a direct quote from Miles. It's only in your head that it's all in my head.

Where is your evidence of the trade Miles blocked?

That's right.

You made it up in your head!

Surely you can find some direct quote to counter the citation I provided.
It has been written...
JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,164

Post#782 » by JMAC3 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:07 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:All I saw was poutrage from many fans accusing Miles of blocking trades and of forcing himself on the Hornets.

It's not **** true lol. No matter how much you guys try to belittle me.

These are your delusions obliterated by quotes directly from Miles. And Miles did go to Boone of the Observer to say he wants to stay and that the organization has stayed with him through all his troubles.

And Kupchak did pursue Grant and Seth according to rumors. PJ even changed his Twitter location to Dallas last offseason.

It could be coincidence but that doesn't mean it's rational for fans to accuse Miles of blocking trades this deadline.

He didn't have to!

Where is the rumor of the trade he blocked????

Hahaha

Nobody is belittling you, but you turn opinions into facts.
Miles legit asked the Hornets to release his bird rights last year in FA so he could go sign somewhere else without Hornets matching.
Miles will still 100% explore FA this summer, I expect Hornets to be active in bringing him back but it's far from a sure thing.
PJ is from Dallas, everything on twitter is very overblown.

I agree things look up for Hornets, but you also want to play it off like Mitch knew this would all play out just like this months ago and has just been waiting to pull all these magic levers. Like he knew we would win the #2 pick and get Miller when we very easily could have picked 6th/7th. A lot of it has been luck or lack of luck with injuries that we were even this bad to begin with.

Mitch clearly didn't sign Ish, Frank, Leaky etc to stealth tank in one of the worst regarded drafts of the decade, but you are rewriting history that he is somehow an evil mastermind playing puppets.
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#783 » by MasterIchiro » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:08 pm

SWedd523 wrote:
Diop wrote:I can’t imagine the narratives that go through your head. You always have really detailed stories on what you believe happens

Scene:

Mitch is relaxing on a feather bed, covered (only just) by hand spun linen, while being fed the finest grapes and kombucha money can buy. He's being fanned by two IG thots with palm fronds.

The Duke mascot is chained in the corner being repeatedly posted up by Tyler Hansbrough.

Mitch is being read his successes as the Charlotte boss ("39 wins... 23 wins... 33 wins... no playoffs in 6 years... average 20th in attendance...)

His adoring fan(s) is out in the forum feverishly awaiting his stepping out on the balcony to give a rousing address.

Almost as funny as you insisting PJ Hairston has better shot form than Malik Monk.

NO NEED FOR NAME CALLING. DO IT AGAIN AND YOU WILL BE PERMANENTLY BANNED FROM REALGM.
It has been written...
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#784 » by MasterIchiro » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:10 pm

JMAC3 wrote:
MasterIchiro wrote:All I saw was poutrage from many fans accusing Miles of blocking trades and of forcing himself on the Hornets.

These are your delusions obliterated by quotes directly from Miles. And Miles did go to Boone of the Observer to say he wants to stay and that the organization has stayed with him through all his troubles.

And Kupchak did pursue Grant and Seth according to rumors. PJ even changed his Twitter location to Dallas last offseason.

It could be coincidence but that doesn't mean it's rational for fans to accuse Miles of blocking trades this deadline.

He didn't have to!

Hahaha

Miles legit asked the Hornets to release his bird rights last year in FA so he could go sign somewhere else without Hornets matching.
Miles will still 100% explore FA this summer, I expect Hornets to be active in bringing him back but it's far from a sure thing.

I agree things look up for Hornets, but you also want to play it off like Mitch knew this would all play out just like this months ago and has just been waiting to pull all these magic levers. Like he knew we would win the #2 pick and get Miller when we very easily could have picked 6th/7th. A lot of it has been luck or lack of luck with injuries that we were even this bad to begin with.

Mitch clearly didn't sign Ish, Frank, Leaky etc to stealth tank in one of the worst regarded drafts of the decade, but you are rewriting history that he is somehow an evil mastermind playing puppets.

Where is the rumor of the trade Miles blocked?
It has been written...
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#785 » by MasterIchiro » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:16 pm

On the topic of historical revisionism, Mitch's many successful picks (Miles, LaMelo, Miller, Mark, NSJ) and trade acquisitions (Mann, Grant Williams, 2027 Mavs 1st, 2027/28 Heat 1st) will be translating into wins.

You should all thank me for assigning proper credit from day one of his transition to advisory.

And I will have the luxury of revisiting the talent he brought in, through the coming years.
It has been written...
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#786 » by JMAC3 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:16 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:

He didn't have to!

Hahaha

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Big Board
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#787 » by MasterIchiro » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:17 pm

JMAC3 wrote:
MasterIchiro wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

His agent. Rich Paul. Jesus, are you desperate?
It has been written...
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#788 » by JMAC3 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:17 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:On the topic of historical revisionism, Mitch's many successful picks (Miles, LaMelo, Miller, Mark, NSJ) and trade acquisitions (Mann, Grant Williams, 2027 Mavs 1st, 2027/28 Heat 1st) will be translating into wins.

You should all thank me for assigning proper credit from day one of his transition to advisory.

And I will have the luxury of revisiting the talent he brought in, through the coming years.

Yeah I don't think Mitch could have done it without you lolololol
Big Board
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#789 » by JMAC3 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:19 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:
MasterIchiro wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

What do you want? It is a report from an esteemed NBA insider lol

You want Mitch to come out and say yeah we had three trades lined up, here are details but Miles said x,y,z?
Big Board
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,654

Post#790 » by yosemiteben » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:21 pm

These are your delusions obliterated by quotes directly from Miles.

You mean on here? I don't recall seeing that much at all, but maybe I missed it or forgot.

You have to admit there is a lot of speculation in your theories of how the trade deadline went down. Which is fine, nothing inherently wrong with it, but it does have a pretty strong fan fiction vibe to it.

That's not to say it's not interesting to read or not worth sharing.

ETA:

MasterIchiro wrote:Almost as funny as you insisting PJ Hairston has better shot form than Malik Monk.

You're **** delusional.

I know you're talking to SWedd and I have no idea what specifically you're referring to, but based on the context of the comment it seems like you're trying to weaponize a take that can't be less than 5 or 6 years old. Why?
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#791 » by MasterIchiro » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:21 pm

JMAC3 wrote:
MasterIchiro wrote:On the topic of historical revisionism, Mitch's many successful picks (Miles, LaMelo, Miller, Mark, NSJ) and trade acquisitions (Mann, Grant Williams, 2027 Mavs 1st, 2027/28 Heat 1st) will be translating into wins.

Not the take-home message here. I've been accused of revisionism. I will be here to defend against that accusation in the coming years.
It has been written...
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#792 » by MasterIchiro » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:24 pm

JMAC3 wrote:
MasterIchiro wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

What do you want? It is a report from an esteemed NBA insider lol

You want Mitch to come out and say yeah we had three trades lined up, here are details but Miles said x,y,z?

He would've never traded PJ unless they wanted to keep Miles and felt confident he wants to stay.

What about this is so hard for you to understand?
It has been written...
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#793 » by JMAC3 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:24 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:

Not the take-home message here. I've been accused of revisionism. I will be here to defend against that accusation in the coming years.

What do I think is more likely?
A: A highly reported rumor by multiple sources that Hornets shopped Bridges, had offers they didn't like, decided to keep him and work it through offseason. Probably some convo with Rich Paul and Hornets about keeping him and allowing him to keep Bird Rights.

or

B: Your theory that Mitch was secretly never really shopping Bridges at all. It was all some massive ploy to increase the trade value of PJ so we could tell teams he was super valuable to us because we were also trading Bridges and we needed a PF so you have to pay top dollar or else.
Big Board
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#794 » by MasterIchiro » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:26 pm

JMAC3 wrote:
MasterIchiro wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:

What do I think is more likely?
A: A highly reported rumor by multiple sources that Hornets shopped Bridges, had offers they didn't like, decided to keep him and work it through offseason. Probably some convo with Rich Paul and Hornets about keeping him and allowing him to keep Bird Rights.

or

B: Your theory that Mitch was secretly never really shopping Bridges at all. It was all some massive ploy to increase the trade value of PJ so we could tell teams he was super valuable to us because we were also trading Bridges and we needed a PF so you have to pay top dollar or else.

You're mischaracterizing my post in B. Stick to marketing.
It has been written...
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#795 » by MasterIchiro » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:35 pm

I will simplify the message.

It's the acting GM's job at the trade deadline to listen to all offers unless the player is deemed untouchable (Kupchak named Miller and LaMelo by name).

I agree Kupchak listened to offers for both Miles and PJ Washington.

I also suspect, since Miles is the superior talent, he's closer to that untouchable group than PJ Washington. S

So before listening to offers on both players you have to take into account their ability and impact on the court from the beginning of negotiations.

Leaning Miles due to this factor mainly.

Once the Mavs were pegged as paying a premium for non-core talent, Miles who plays the same position as PJ (also 3), there was no reason to trade Bridget's thus no opportunity for him to block any trades as fans accused.

It never happened.

We'd know if he blocked.
It has been written...
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#796 » by JMAC3 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:37 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:I will simplify the message.

It's the acting GM's job at the trade deadline to listen to all offers unless the player is deemed untouchable (Kupchak named Miller and LaMelo by name).

I agree Kupchak listened to offers for both Miles and PJ Washington.

I also suspect, since Miles is the superior talent, he's closer to that untouchable group than PJ Washington. S

So before listening to offers on both players you have to take into account their ability and impact on the court from the beginning of negotiations.

Leaning Miles due to this factor mainly.

Once the Mavs were pegged as paying a premium for non-core talent, Miles who plays the same position as PJ (also 3), there was no reason to trade Bridget's thus no opportunity for him to block any trades as fans accused.

It never happened.

We'd know if he blocked.

I mean this is nothing like what you have been preaching but yeah this is a reasonable take lol
Big Board
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#797 » by MasterIchiro » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:39 pm

Take home message. Now get ready for your medicine...

The new owners, the hero consultants, the acting GM all consider Miles a part of the core, playing the 4 (Miller the 3) and leaned towards this choice (Miles long term 4 over PJ) even before signing PJ.

If you can admit that, maybe you can at least begin to grasp why you can't find evidence of a trade Miles blocked.
It has been written...
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#798 » by JMAC3 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:44 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:Take home message. Now get ready for your medicine...

The new owners, the hero consultants, the acting GM all consider Miles a part of the core, playing the 4 (Miller the 3) and leaned towards this choice (Miles long term 4 over PJ) even before signing PJ.

If you can admit that, maybe you can at least begin to grasp why you can't find evidence of a trade Miles blocked.

I said it the other day and I will say it again. I don't understand what you are so worked up over. Nobody on here is saying Miles isn't a valued piece. We are simply questioning your logic and storytelling that is taking a lot of certainty between the lines.

I can tell you what I do have evidence of though... You throwing a fit about the organization potentially taking Miller over Scoot back in May and June. Then disappearing from the board until 1 post in December. Then now coming around again for the first time these last 30 days to boast about how you believe in Mitch and we all need to blow him for putting us in this magical position lol.

Claiming we should thank you for something or other lol
Big Board
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,654

Post#799 » by yosemiteben » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:45 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:The new owners, the hero consultants, the acting GM all consider Miles a part of the core, playing the 4 (Miller the 3) and leaned towards this choice (Miles long term 4 over PJ) even before signing PJ.

I find that theory extremely unlikely. They resigned PJ while Miles was still actively suspended from the team. It seems like a major stretch to assume that they had made definitive plans to keep Miles before they saw evidence of how he would respond to his legal situations / make sure his off-court behavior was fully resolved and addressed.

Assuming your theory has any merit at all, I think signing PJ was at a minimum Miles insurance in the event that he had another off-court situation and allowed them the ability to defer the Miles vs. PJ debate until they got to know him better and saw evidence of how his off court stuff would be different going forward.
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#800 » by MasterIchiro » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:54 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:Take home message. Now get ready for your medicine...

PJ was destined for the bench with Miles in the plans (starting at 4). Acting GM of record at this trade deadline acquired 2 bench players in place of PJ, plus plundered the Mavs for a top-2 protected 1st.

Last offseason all the rage was directed at how the Hornets (and their GM) were dropping the ball with PJ negotiations until the final result - a contract that held more value this deadline than Kyrie's last deadline.

Still no credit assigned, just a quickness to pile on the lone fan who speaks up for the GM behind the situation.

More medicine. Miles is a better 2nd option than Terry. Many fans (only God knows why) fought for Terry to stay, and considered him part of the longterm core despite his seniority and dwindling contract length.

Trading Terry wasn't just about adding a distant 1st (which some fans dubbed a loss even though it could be unprotected in 2028 lol), it freed money the next GM needs to build a bench better than budget contracts (Bryce, Thor, Leaky Black, Ish, Frank) and failed projects (Kai, Bouknight) and castoffs (Plumlee, Oubre).

And if Miles cannot fill his shoes scoring, the GM has great confidence Miller can.

But we stuck with Miles through all of this for a reason. He's in the plans.

Grant said Miles has to step up and become more vocal on the court. Miles and Miller and Grant seem to be feeding off eachother's energy out there.

I can appreciate the roster we have to start the reboot.

All I'm saying is the venom in retrospect looks excessive at best, and alienated many fans at worst. No need to compound the issue by dog piling on the fan who's remained steadfast in his support of the GM who left this roster behind.

LaMelo is not even off his rookie contract.
It has been written...

Return to Charlotte Hornets