ImageImage

Off Topic

Moderators: yosemiteben, BigSlam, JDR720, Diop, fatlever

UNCNYC
Assistant Coach
And1: 868

Re: Off Topic 

Post#81 » by UNCNYC » Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:38 am

Georgia opening a can of whoop on TCU. I don't think I want us to draft Duggan. Heck I never even heard about the guy before this morning lol. I will stick with Bryce Young or CJ Stroud who we have no chance of getting anymore anyway.
UPDATED 2-18-2024

These are my top five for who I want with pick #1 in order

BuB Carrington
Ryan Dunn
Dalton Knect
Kevin McCullar
Bobi Klintman
UNCNYC
Assistant Coach

Post#82 » by UNCNYC » Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:26 pm

For all the TCU fans on this board. Your team put up a good fight. It was a game for the ages. A true classic. I had no idea who would win up until the two minute warning of the last quarter. 65-7 is nothing to hang your head on. It could have been worse.
UPDATED 2-18-2024

BuB Carrington
Ryan Dunn
Dalton Knect
Kevin McCullar
Bobi Klintman
UNCNYC
Assistant Coach

Post#83 » by UNCNYC » Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:43 am

If the Panthers do not resign coach Wilkks and instead signs a non proven guy then I am no longer a Panthers fan under Tepper. Only way I understand the move is if they sign a PROVEN coach.

My only team going forward will be the STEELERS who for the most part are one of the few if not only true class organazitions in that ratchet NFL league.
UPDATED 2-18-2024

BuB Carrington
Ryan Dunn
Dalton Knect
Kevin McCullar
Bobi Klintman
UNCNYC
Assistant Coach

Post#84 » by UNCNYC » Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:31 am

I LOVE NYC but the number one gripe I have with it is it is too FILTHY. My Gosh, I can barely go out and enjoy it because people litter all over it. I am considering moving but I am not fond of living outside the US nor am I fond of living outside of NYC. I think they should start giving out fines or at least act like they are going to impose fines for those who litter.
UPDATED 2-18-2024

BuB Carrington
Ryan Dunn
Dalton Knect
Kevin McCullar
Bobi Klintman
mattcampbell
Junior
And1: 137

Post#85 » by mattcampbell » Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:06 am

So, Luke Kuechly and Cody Zeller were at Halton today for the 49ers basketball game and I got to shake Luke's hand. :-D
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,103

Post#86 » by Liver_Pooty » Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:43 am

mattcampbell wrote:So, Luke Kuechly and Cody Zeller were at Halton today for the 49ers basketball game and I got to shake Luke's hand. :-D

That's awesome.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,359

Post#87 » by JDR720 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:50 am

UNCNYC wrote:If the Panthers do not resign coach Wilkks and instead signs a non proven guy then I am no longer a Panthers fan under Tepper. Only way I understand the move is if they sign a PROVEN coach.

My only team going forward will be the STEELERS who for the most part are one of the few if not only true class organazitions in that ratchet NFL league.

I think they're gonna throw the bag (and some picks) at Peyton. I'd rather not, but I do want an offensive coach instead of Wilks. Not that he hasn't done a good job, but the NFL is about offensive coaches, not defensive ones. McDermott is the only defensive coach left in the playoffs.

Not too worried about them not being proven. Most of todays top coaches are younger offensive guys.
UNCNYC
Assistant Coach

Post#88 » by UNCNYC » Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:37 am

JDR720 wrote:
UNCNYC wrote:If the Panthers do not resign coach Wilkks and instead signs a non proven guy then I am no longer a Panthers fan under Tepper. Only way I understand the move is if they sign a PROVEN coach.

I think they're gonna throw the bag (and some picks) at Peyton. I'd rather not, but I do want an offensive coach instead of Wilks. Not that he hasn't done a good job, but the NFL is about offensive coaches, not defensive ones. McDermott is the only defensive coach left in the playoffs.

Not too worried about them not being proven. Most of todays top coaches are younger offensive guys.

That is a perspective I am willing to consider. The perspective I was looking at it from was that of lack of diversity.

I am not accusing anyone of any lack of diversity in any way btw.

The NFL is not known for diversity from a head coaching perspective long term. Barely even interviewing people of diverse backgrounds...

The way I saw this is they "possibly" gave him the opportnity to FILL IN with a team that shouldn't have won and he found a way to do so and (at least break even). Which should have granted him the ability for extension.

Almost like, well, we gave him a chance, and it didn't work in a half season with little preperation on a team that isn't that
talented.

Now of course there will be some who say it's not about lack of diversity (there of course would be no way to prove that either way) and because I consider myself a VERY FAIR person, I am willing to give the benefit of the doubt and over look that it might not be, but with the way the NFL "appears" to be run as a whole, it doesn't sit well that it "probably" had something to do with it.
UPDATED 2-18-2024

BuB Carrington
Ryan Dunn
Dalton Knect
Kevin McCullar
Bobi Klintman
UNCNYC
Assistant Coach

Post#89 » by UNCNYC » Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:58 pm

Rumor is byron leftwich will be let go.

Welp I wonder if he will GET THE JOB as our head coach since just a year ago he was such a BIG NAME and since Brady is passed his prime and since he is an offensive coach.

I am sure he might get an INTERVIEW but I wonder if he will get the job
UPDATED 2-18-2024

BuB Carrington
Ryan Dunn
Dalton Knect
Kevin McCullar
Bobi Klintman
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,201

Post#90 » by SWedd523 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:20 pm

I think it says a lot that Wilks hasn't interviewed anywhere else for HC openings
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,103

Post#91 » by Liver_Pooty » Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:41 pm

SWedd523 wrote:I think it says a lot that Wilks hasn't interviewed anywhere else for HC openings

Cardinals screwed him over and Carolina may do the same. Hope not though.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,707

Post#92 » by fatlever » Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:50 pm

i just want a coach who likes to score points
UNCNYC
Assistant Coach

Post#93 » by UNCNYC » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:19 pm

I would give Wilks a 2 year contract and thats it and work from there. He is the best thing to have happened to the Panthers since the Super Bowl appearance.

NFL has always gave the appearance to lag in diversity with everything from coaches interviewed, to coaches hired, to half time appearances, to the backing of stances against equality amongst all. They really give off the impression of an extremely low class league.
UPDATED 2-18-2024

BuB Carrington
Ryan Dunn
Dalton Knect
Kevin McCullar
Bobi Klintman
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,296

Post#94 » by amcoolio » Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:28 pm

Wilks lost it for me when he got badly outcoached by Byron Leftwich in a must win game

Like the guy, just isn't HC material. That Tampa loss was inexcusable, they didn't even want to make the playoffs. He's also as conservative as Rivera which is a no go for me

UNCNYC wrote:NFL has always gave the appearance to lag in diversity with everything from coaches interviewed, to coaches hired, to half time appearances, to the backing of stances against equality amongst all. They really give off the impression of an extremely low class league.

I agree with you here though.
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
UNCNYC
Assistant Coach

Post#95 » by UNCNYC » Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:22 pm

amcoolio wrote:Wilks lost it for me when he got badly outcoached by Byron Leftwich in a must win game

Like the guy, just isn't HC material. That Tampa loss was inexcusable, they didn't even want to make the playoffs. He's also as conservative as Rivera which is a no go for me

UNCNYC wrote:NFL has always gave the appearance to lag in diversity with everything from coaches interviewed, to coaches hired, to half time appearances, to the backing of stances against equality amongst all. They really give off the impression of an extremely low class league.

I agree with you here though.

Maybe they will give Leftwich a shot as coach. I HIGHLY doubt it but he would be a decent hire.
UPDATED 2-18-2024

BuB Carrington
Ryan Dunn
Dalton Knect
Kevin McCullar
Bobi Klintman
UNCNYC
Assistant Coach

Post#96 » by UNCNYC » Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:37 pm

I know i'm a bit late but happy belated birthday Dr. King.

From one black man to another, I want to thank you Dr King for helping me to see the beauty in ALL OTHER groups of people, as well as help me to love and appreciate my own.

I've tried to live by your quote, Injustice ANYWHERE, is a threat to justice EVERYWHERE. May you continue to rest in eternal peace....

Thank you lord for the Dr Kings and Nurse Queens of the world.
UPDATED 2-18-2024

BuB Carrington
Ryan Dunn
Dalton Knect
Kevin McCullar
Bobi Klintman
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,201

Post#97 » by SWedd523 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:07 am

Thinking back to when we did that All Time NBA Draft, do any of the mods still have access to the teams? I'd like to see how well those teams aged and if it'd be worth doing a v2 since the league has changed so much since then and there are so many new players to choose from.

Maybe a "dynasty/expansion" draft where you can put up X amount of players into the pool with a selection of current guys to rebuild from.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,707

Post#98 » by fatlever » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:56 am

SWedd523 wrote:Thinking back to when we did that All Time NBA Draft, do any of the mods still have access to the teams? I'd like to see how well those teams aged and if it'd be worth doing a v2 since the league has changed so much since then and there are so many new players to choose from.

Maybe a "dynasty/expansion" draft where you can put up X amount of players into the pool with a selection of current guys to rebuild from.

all in the index thread under records/contests. hope links are still active

2012 Scavenger Hunt Draft - http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=1200201
2011 Scavenger Hunt Draft (Retro) - http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=1130077
2011 Scavenger Hunt Draft - http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=1125656
2010 Scavenger Hunt Draft - http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=1038439
2009 Scavenger Hunt Draft - http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=927213
2016 Scavenger Hunt Draft http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=1464472
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,359

Post#99 » by JDR720 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:47 am

Super interesting.
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,941

Post#100 » by Diop » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:18 pm

fatlever wrote:
SWedd523 wrote:Thinking back to when we did that All Time NBA Draft, do any of the mods still have access to the teams? I'd like to see how well those teams aged and if it'd be worth doing a v2 since the league has changed so much since then and there are so many new players to choose from.

all in the index thread under records/contests. hope links are still active

2012 Scavenger Hunt Draft - http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=1200201
2011 Scavenger Hunt Draft (Retro) - http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=1130077
2011 Scavenger Hunt Draft - http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=1125656
2010 Scavenger Hunt Draft - http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=1038439
2009 Scavenger Hunt Draft - http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=927213
2016 Scavenger Hunt Draft http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=1464472

im still dirty that I had a team including Bird and my team was criticized for not having a go to scorer

Return to Charlotte Hornets