ImageImage

Fake Trade Thread #5

Moderators: yosemiteben, BigSlam, JDR720, Diop, fatlever

JMAC3
RealGM
And1: 4,260

Re: Fake Trade Thread #5 

Post#1981 » by JMAC3 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 12:09 am

JDR720 wrote:If we need a backup PG, let Jr. get more minutes and call up Bailey.

Trading for another small defense-less combo guard is the last thing we need to do.

He also complained about his role in Denver, didn't he? If he wasn't happy in Denver, no chance he'll be happy here.

I still believe in NSj as an 18 yr old rookie on draft night, but the dude is pretty awful right now.
He can't put pressure on the rim, awful defender, isn't a playmaker, can't finish.

He can shoot but outside of that he is pretty dog water. Putting him at PG is probably a recipe for disaster, dude needs to be put in a better position to succeed.

Dennis Schroder is the perfect fit. Outside of that maybe we get a filler pg in a deal or pick up a roster casualty from a team who made a few other trades.
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,958

Post#1982 » by Diop » Wed Feb 7, 2024 12:12 am

I’d say pj would be costing the same as miles, good young player and a 1st. I could see Dallas offering freen but not the 1st. I previously mentioned even though green is Australian, I’d prefer Pj over him.

Bones is such a typical dumb move, while we cry for the steady defensive guard, Mitch keeps shopping for checkers.

Throw a bag at melton, poa defender and used to playing next to ball dominant guards and fitting in.
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#1983 » by Diop » Wed Feb 7, 2024 12:14 am

Watching rozier playing defense for Miami the other day made me wonder how much difference a new coach and culture could help Charlotte.
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#1984 » by Diop » Wed Feb 7, 2024 12:16 am

Predicted text keeps **** me, what’s a checker iPhone? Chucker! It could’ve been my fat old man fingers but I’ll blame the phone
NMBSurfin
Sophomore
And1: 64

Post#1985 » by NMBSurfin » Wed Feb 7, 2024 12:39 am

JMAC3 wrote:
NMBSurfin wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:I feel like we have officially reached the point that Miller is all that matters in like 75% of fans minds. I love Miller, but he isn't winning anything by himself. Most good teams have 3 top 50 players minimum. The Celtics have like 5, surrounding Miller with journeyman Vets isn't winning playoff series. We need to try and get as many good players as possible.

I think this is what we're doing. I believe in Mark, so he, Miller and Melo are 3. We are also getting rid of Gordon's contract, and Miles. Terry is gone. So we have cap space a'plentay as they say at the Beacon Drive-in in Spartanburg. With that, I think we'll look for a very good vet to mentor all our young guys.

And finally the draft. If the season ended today, we'd have the 4th pick. With Terry gone, and all our injuries, we're looking at the second pick. Unfortunately, this draft class is not very promising from all accounts, but the 2nd pick should at least be a good role player.

The rest of this season is long, and will stink. But the future is bright.

Only the Hornets think getting rid of players is somehow going to make them magically better.
"Get rid of Terry, he is the problem"- haven't won since we traded him lol.
Replace Miles with a guy that can't dribble, Miller will drop 55 ppg then lol.

The future very well can be bright, but its probably even brighter if we add talent and not just hope the 5th pick in the draft is another superstar.

We're not trying to win this year. In fact, we are tanking. Letting Terry go was largely part of this. To change the culture, we need to get as many people out of the team as possible. Miller, Melo and Mark are the core. We build around them.
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,387

Post#1986 » by JDR720 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 3:10 am

Return to Charlotte Hornets